[ROM] [u8350] [PROJECT] Icy Tiramisu For Huawei U8350 Boulder / Orange Barcelona

Search This thread

zenaufa

May 9, 2011
Jakarta
WELCOME TO MY THREAD​

[PROJECT] ICY TIRAMISU FOR U8350 ORANGE BARCELONA

First of all i want to say thanks to : allah,my parents,Cyanogenmod team,aorth,huawei boulderz indonesia in kaskus,and everyone who also support me in this rom development :)

[PROJECT] Icy Tiramisu is an custom rom project based and ported from Cyanogenmod 7.2 For u8150 by aorth,This rom is dedicated to someone special for me,My Special Girlfriends, My beloved Amarillo Del Bosque Verde :)

Screen Shots :

iTuMCyQZc8Qoi.png

iRdGSCEkOQ5QQ.png

iNNyYtm2GkhaL.png

I use Achep ICS Theme and Holo Launcher

Whats Working
- Accelerometer
- Orientation
- Wifi
- Gps
- Phone
- Data
- Keyboard layout
- Bluetooth
- Keyboard Backlight
- Almost Everything!

What not working
- Camera Orientation is (still) wrong
- If you have bugs,just PM me :D

Downloads :
ROM
ICS Layout
Gapps

How to install :

Install Clockworkmod Recovery Here

Reboot to recovery

Wipe data

Wipe Cache

Install zip from SDcard

Install Rom

reboot to system

reboot to recovery

install ICS Layout

Reboot to system (again)

back to recovery

and install Gapps

Done~!

and you're good to go ;)

-UPDATE-

Guys,i've ported Huawei IME to our CM7 ;) here is the link LINK

Just flash it without wiping :)

But the symbol and smile key is still not working :( still working on that through ;)

Last edited:

hammoliam

Dec 8, 2010
Hull
Cant wait to try this out. I have just bought the Barcelona today. Mega downgrade from Evo 3D but I have my reasons. Within couple hours I had to remove Orange rom and replace with De-Branded rom.

Downloading now :) thanks dude

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Okay so everything seems to be working as you say but the only thing is there is no clock, icons, battery ect on the notification bar. The bar pulls down and can see power control ect but when put up nothing there.

zenaufa

May 9, 2011
Jakarta
Cant wait to try this out. I have just bought the Barcelona today. Mega downgrade from Evo 3D but I have my reasons. Within couple hours I had to remove Orange rom and replace with De-Branded rom.

Downloading now :) thanks dude

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Okay so everything seems to be working as you say but the only thing is there is no clock, icons, battery ect on the notification bar. The bar pulls down and can see power control ect but when put up nothing there.

humm,in my boulder this is not happened ._. try to re wipe all partition and reinstall the rom and layouts :)

cyberangel22k

Jan 20, 2012
Cauayan CIty
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
downloading this update.. gonna try this... Love the previous project sarah..^^

I think you need to have a link fr this in the sarah thread..

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

regarding the camera orientation, camera 360 works fine on my boulder...

Last edited:
Reactions: cellappfreak

zenaufa

May 9, 2011
Jakarta

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

thanks for the tips :D and yes i will update the sarah thread with link of this thread ;)

cyberangel22k

Jan 20, 2012
Cauayan CIty
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
That's odd..? tried the ICS theme by AChep.. everythings fine except the blank status bar... tried to return to system theme and voila.. the ICS theme worked instead of the stock GB theme... in theme choser, ics is still labeled as current theme.. so I played with it and tried system again and got system theme. tried ics and there goes the blank status bar again.. tried system again hoping it will fix it just like it did before but it didn't. got the system theme instead. Don't know what happened there..

EDIT:
while in ICS theme (blank status bar), i downloaded an app in gogle play and when the notifications promt, all the icons where back... maybe the system can't read the icons for the status bar automatically so no icons are loaded at all but it gets triggers upon a notification..? just a theory..

Additional:
I used the normal ICS which cause the blank status bar then tried the blue ICS.. It works perfect..

Last edited:

hammoliam

Dec 8, 2010
Hull
I have one slight pet hate about this rom. Is there a way to get rid of the onscreen keyboard. I uninstalled it using root uninstaller from market but once uninstalled it wont let me use hard keys to text. I will never use the onscreen keyboard I just use hard keys.

any suggestions:)

cyberangel22k

Jan 20, 2012
Cauayan CIty
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I have one slight pet hate about this rom. Is there a way to get rid of the onscreen keyboard. I uninstalled it using root uninstaller from market but once uninstalled it wont let me use hard keys to text. I will never use the onscreen keyboard I just use hard keys.

+1 I can't use the virtual keyboard because my digitizer have dead spots.. tried to port the huawei IME but no luck, I get FC's when rebooting so I have to reinstall every reboot..

hammoliam

Dec 8, 2010
Hull
Right so I have a some questions:

1. Although ADW Launcher is great for customization I thinks its very laggy. I do prefer the stock launcher but I tried to install launcher.apk but just says did not install. Maybe there are other files (im not an expert so forgive me if its nooby) that need to be transfered from stock rom to enable this launcher.

2. What CM files can safely be deleted. e.g. i never use cm stats, wallpapers, ect can these be safely removed

I am new to developing but im picking it up slowly but surely. If you need any help testing updates for this or future roms i' be glad to help. Would really like tp make a contribution to this device as I think it could well be a little low end gem with some more roms and a little work.

Thanks

cyberangel22k

Jan 20, 2012
Cauayan CIty
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro

1. Although ADW Launcher is great for customization I thinks its very laggy. I do prefer the stock launcher but I tried to install launcher.apk but just says did not install. Maybe there are other files (im not an expert so forgive me if its nooby) that need to be transfered from stock rom to enable this launcher.

2. What CM files can safely be deleted. e.g. i never use cm stats, wallpapers, ect can these be safely removed

I am new to developing but im picking it up slowly but surely. If you need any help testing updates for this or future roms i' be glad to help. Would really like tp make a contribution to this device as I think it could well be a little low end gem with some more roms and a little work.

Thanks

I unsinstalled ADW launcher because it's too old school now... and it's so slow... I think the stock Launcher is hard to port.. use Holo Launcher, it's fast and have way better ui that ADW... the CM files are too small and don't eat that much of memory, deleting them won't change anything instead you may just have more problems in the future...

Last edited:

trippy21

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
Can anyone help with the links on Sebastian404's post for his ClockworkMod recovery tool, i can't seem to download the file, the website always says i don't have permission.
Is there another way to put this ROM on to my Orange Barcelona. I'm a complete Newbie to changing ROM's on a Android device.

Thanks

cyberangel22k

Jan 20, 2012
Cauayan CIty
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Can anyone help with the links on Sebastian404's post for his ClockworkMod recovery tool, i can't seem to download the file, the website always says i don't have permission.
Is there another way to put this ROM on to my Orange Barcelona. I'm a complete Newbie to changing ROM's on a Android device.

Thanks

i'll upload it as soon as I get access to pc.. i'm using only my boulder now..

cellappfreak

Aug 27, 2008
Thank You Thanks alot, everything is working fine just completed the upgradation, one thing i just want to share kindly elaborate the process of intalling clockworkmod, faced too much difficulty in installing the CWM, although it does not fall in this topic but it is a process of installing roms, through out the process i visited many blogs just to know how to install CWM and one blog i found, through which, I installed CWM in my boulder. Below is the link.

http://johnnyparanoia.blogspot.com/2012/07/how-to-manually-flash-recovery-image.html

One more thing can you please apprise that, can i uninstall rom manager now?

Thanks alot once again.

Last edited:

cellappfreak

Aug 27, 2008
Can you tell me that can i flash ics layout again diectly without wipping cuz m feeling i think my layout is not according to the picture like blue bar, my boulder has yellow bar and icons of ginger bread not ics

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

That's odd..? tried the ICS theme by AChep.. everythings fine except the blank status bar... tried to return to system theme and voila.. the ICS theme worked instead of the stock GB theme... in theme choser, ics is still labeled as current theme.. so I played with it and tried system again and got system theme. tried ics and there goes the blank status bar again.. tried system again hoping it will fix it just like it did before but it didn't. got the system theme instead. Don't know what happened there..

EDIT:
while in ICS theme (blank status bar), i downloaded an app in gogle play and when the notifications promt, all the icons where back... maybe the system can't read the icons for the status bar automatically so no icons are loaded at all but it gets triggers upon a notification..? just a theory..

Additional:
I used the normal ICS which cause the blank status bar then tried the blue ICS.. It works perfect..

Can you provide the link of ICS blue cuz m facing the same problem u faced, and in themes i have only one theme which is system theme, where is blue ICS if u installed it kindly apprise the link of that theme.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Try to find it here.. try using gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip.

Thank you for your help. Thanks all members / users are supportive here.

cyberangel22k

Jan 20, 2012
Cauayan CIty
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Thank You Thanks alot, everything is working fine just completed the upgradation, one thing i just want to share kindly elaborate the process of intalling clockworkmod, faced too much difficulty in installing the CWM, although it does not fall in this topic but it is a process of installing roms, through out the process i visited many blogs just to know how to install CWM and one blog i found, through which, I installed CWM in my boulder. Below is the link.

http://johnnyparanoia.blogspot.com/2012/07/how-to-manually-flash-recovery-image.html

One more thing can you please apprise that, can i uninstall rom manager now?

Thanks alot once again.

actually, flashing the CWM based recovery is very easy. download it from anywhere the set aside. turn phone on fastboot mode then using cmd, cd to the location of the recovery.img (extract it if it's an update.zip) then key in this command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (or whatever the name of the image is..)

cyberangel22k

Jan 20, 2012
Cauayan CIty
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Can you tell me that can i flash ics layout again diectly without wipping cuz m feeling i think my layout is not according to the picture like blue bar, my boulder has yellow bar and icons of ginger bread not ics

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Can you provide the link of ICS blue cuz m facing the same problem u faced, and in themes i have only one theme which is system theme, where is blue ICS if u installed it kindly apprise the link of that theme.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Thank you for your help. Thanks all members / users are supportive here.

I changed my theme because acheps theme are having issues (random lag, random reboot, missing statusbar icons, etc) so I changed it. This is the theme i', using. I trying to search the original thread but can't seem to find it anymore. but the apk is named com.rvalles.theme.ICSandwich-1.apk. credit goes to him.
here's his theme which i pulled from my device.

Attachments

• com.rvalles.theme.ICSandwich-1.apk
    4.5 MB · Views: 158

cellappfreak

Aug 27, 2008
I changed my theme because acheps theme are having issues (random lag, random reboot, missing statusbar icons, etc) so I changed it. This is the theme i', using. I trying to search the original thread but can't seem to find it anymore. but the apk is named com.rvalles.theme.ICSandwich-1.apk. credit goes to him.
here's his theme which i pulled from my device.

Thank you once again, I was using Achep theme also and was having issues like you have defined above. Downloading this theme now.

Regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WELCOME TO MY THREAD​

[PROJECT] ICY TIRAMISU FOR U8350 ORANGE BARCELONA

First of all i want to say thanks to : allah,my parents,Cyanogenmod team,aorth,huawei boulderz indonesia in kaskus,and everyone who also support me in this rom development :)

[PROJECT] Icy Tiramisu is an custom rom project based and ported from Cyanogenmod 7.2 For u8150 by aorth,This rom is dedicated to someone special for me,My Special Girlfriends, My beloved Amarillo Del Bosque Verde :)

Screen Shots :

iTuMCyQZc8Qoi.png

iRdGSCEkOQ5QQ.png

iNNyYtm2GkhaL.png

I use Achep ICS Theme and Holo Launcher

Whats Working
    - Accelerometer
    - Orientation
    - Wifi
    - Gps
    - Phone
    - Data
    - Keyboard layout
    - Bluetooth
    - Keyboard Backlight
    - Almost Everything!

What not working
    - Camera Orientation is (still) wrong
    - If you have bugs,just PM me :D

Downloads :
    ROM
    ICS Layout
    Gapps

How to install :

Install Clockworkmod Recovery Here

Reboot to recovery

Wipe data

Wipe Cache

Install zip from SDcard

Install Rom

reboot to system

reboot to recovery

install ICS Layout

Reboot to system (again)

back to recovery

and install Gapps

Done~!

and you're good to go ;)

-UPDATE-

Guys,i've ported Huawei IME to our CM7 ;) here is the link LINK

Just flash it without wiping :)

But the symbol and smile key is still not working :( still working on that through ;)

EDIT:

Additional:

+1 I can't use the virtual keyboard because my digitizer have dead spots.. tried to port the huawei IME but no luck, I get FC's when rebooting so I have to reinstall every reboot..

Thanks

I unsinstalled ADW launcher because it's too old school now... and it's so slow... I think the stock Launcher is hard to port.. use Holo Launcher, it's fast and have way better ui that ADW... the CM files are too small and don't eat that much of memory, deleting them won't change anything instead you may just have more problems in the future...