[Q] Phone stuck at ATT logo after OTA update

Search This thread

cfsharp

Feb 22, 2012
I updated my phone to kitkat using the OTA update while rooted, which was definitely a stupid thing to do, but now my phone seems to be stuck on the ATT splash screen after booting. It's been this way for 15+ minutes. Any way to reset it/unbrick it?

I am able to get into recovery mode and download mode.

Last edited:

cfsharp

Feb 22, 2012
I managed to get the phone back to 4.3 Stock however now I don't have mobile data. I'm thinking this is a modem issue? Anyone have a fix?

ajcrunk

Dec 17, 2013

Hey im also stuck on the at&t logo. I was rooted but used triangle away to remove the counter and unrooted via super su/user <--- I don't really know the name of it. So i did the ota update and the phone restarted, it installed the update and restarted again and now will not get passed the att logo, even let it stay on over night. How did you get back to 4.3?? I'm a serious n00b so I need detailed instructions, anyone please?!?

StoneyJSG

Jul 28, 2014
Hey im also stuck on the at&t logo. I was rooted but used triangle away to remove the counter and unrooted via super su/user <--- I don't really know the name of it. So i did the ota update and the phone restarted, it installed the update and restarted again and now will not get passed the att logo, even let it stay on over night. How did you get back to 4.3?? I'm a serious n00b so I need detailed instructions, anyone please?!?

Everything in download mode needs to say "official" in order to get the OTA. See if this helps:

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3-att/general/how-to-restore-device-status-to-t2832880

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
If the ota appeared to flash, and its hanging during boot, factory reset should solve it.

Be aware that doing so with stock recovery installed will wipe the internal sd card.

Top Liked Posts