[ROM][3.10.605.13][ICS 4.0.3][Sense 3.6]Simplistic RC1.1 ~A SuperLite ROM~ *Updated!*

Search This thread

ms7p

Sep 8, 2010
Jerusalem
Simplistic ROM

About Simpistic
Simpistic is a ROM that was designed to use the least RAM possible! Meaning that it's a clean, fast, stable and super lite ROM! With no bloatware.
ROM is De-Odexed and based on the newest ICS leak (3.10.605.13)
For flashing, please read the 2nd post! (It's important!)

Features
  • No VZW or HTC Bloatware!
  • Performance improvements
  • Based on 3.10.605.13
  • Superlite (425MB) and smooth
  • Sony Bravia Engine (Makes images look better)
  • Stock ICS Launcher, MMS, Lockscreen and Contacts
  • Zipaligned
  • Wifi Tether

Place PH98IMG.zip in your SDCard and flash it! Then flash the ROM.

Download
Newest Release Version: RC1.1 *Uploaded!*

Thanks to all who helped
dsixda for the kitchen, joelZ9614 for his base, and for everyone else who helped!

I would be more than glad to help anyone with anything. Feel free to ask any question and I will get back to you as soon as possible!

If you like my work, please consider clicking the thanks button!

If you want more quality ROMs from me, please consider donating through PayPal as I am developing without owning the HTC Rezound :)

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted

The ROM is installed at your own risk, as I take no risk if your phone breaks, or even if dragons pop up from your phone and eat you xP.(But nothing bad should happen :D)

Last edited:

ms7p

Sep 8, 2010
Jerusalem
Flashing
You must flash PH98IMG.zip before you boot into the ROM (I prefer you flash the PH98IMG.zip before flashing the ROM, but it doesn't matter as long as you are going to flash it).

Installation
*Assuming you have flashed PH98IMG.zip already*
  • Put ROM on SD Card
  • Reboot into recovery
  • Wipe data/Factory reset(This is important!)
  • Flash ROM
  • Reboot
  • Enjoy!

Last edited:

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010
Is this a fully de-sensed rom except for what is needed to keep the phone runnin? Thanks!

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
I am new at flashing roms on HTC.. so bear with this question if stupid. Any reason , I can't take out boot image out of PH98IMG and flash in bootloader then place rom on SD card and flash ?
Just trying to avoid Main ver issues in the future, plus I like to manually flash the kernels in fastboot . Seems to work out better for me .
Normally, I remove boot.img , flash rom.. reboot to bootloader then fastboot flash the boot.img and reboot phone.
It has worked great for me so far and I have avoided any main version issues so I can swap between ICS and GB if needed.

ms7p

Sep 8, 2010
Jerusalem
I am new at flashing roms on HTC.. so bear with this question if stupid. Any reason , I can't take out boot image out of PH98IMG and flash in bootloader then place rom on SD card and flash ?
Just trying to avoid Main ver issues in the future, plus I like to manually flash the kernels in fastboot . Seems to work out better for me .
Normally, I remove boot.img , flash rom.. reboot to bootloader then fastboot flash the boot.img and reboot phone.
It has worked great for me so far and I have avoided any main version issues so I can swap between ICS and GB if needed.

There is no Boot.img in this ROM, that's why you need to flash the PH98IMG.zip
And yes, you can use Fastboot if you like to, it should be the same.

WizeGuyDezignz

Jun 12, 2008
San Diego
To everyone, I wouldn't bother flashing until fixed. When the phone boots up after flashing this ROM, it constantly pops up that Swype has stopped working. It also asks for your country which you can't even select.

But with the Swype error, you can't type anything to set anything up. I went into settings and Swype was greyed out so I couldn't turn it off or activate any other keyboard.

I had to revert to my previous ROM because I couldn't do anything with this one. The ROM itself looks promising from what I saw, but it's not usable in its current state.

Hopefully it's fixed soon!

ms7p

Sep 8, 2010
Jerusalem
To everyone, I wouldn't bother flashing until fixed. When the phone boots up after flashing this ROM, it constantly pops up that Swype has stopped working. It also asks for your country which you can't even select.

But with the Swype error, you can't type anything to set anything up. I went into settings and Swype was greyed out so I couldn't turn it off or activate any other keyboard.

I had to revert to my previous ROM because I couldn't do anything with this one. The ROM itself looks promising from what I saw, but it's not usable in its current state.

Wow, really? I will fix it in a bit and upload a new build.
See, that's why I need feedback from you guys :)

WizeGuyDezignz

Jun 12, 2008
San Diego
Wow, really? I will fix it in a bit and upload a new build.
See, that's why I need feedback from you guys :)

Yes, sorry to report that. I even wiped and flashed again to make sure, and the same problems popped up.

The first thing it asks when you unlock the screen is to choose your country. There is a drop down box but when you click on it, there is nothing in there and it gives an error.

Then the Swype error pops up like very 5 seconds and you can't get any keyboard to pop up to type anything.

As I said, the ROM looks great though! I'm looking forward to the update and see how it runs! Thanks!!

zeroxg4

Nov 8, 2009
Yes, sorry to report that. I even wiped and flashed again to make sure, and the same problems popped up.

The first thing it asks when you unlock the screen is to choose your country. There is a drop down box but when you click on it, there is nothing in there and it gives an error.

Then the Swype error pops up like very 5 seconds and you can't get any keyboard to pop up to type anything.

As I said, the ROM looks great though! I'm looking forward to the update and see how it runs! Thanks!!

For the country issue: did you try just hitting home a few times to skip setup?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

WizeGuyDezignz

Jun 12, 2008
San Diego
For the country issue: did you try just hitting home a few times to skip setup?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Yes, I hit home a few times to skip it but the Swype error issue completely cripples this ROM. It pops up around every 5 seconds and you can't get a keyboard to pop up at all. Even after going into keyboard settings there is nothing in there as an alternative to do anything with the ROM.

DeviceSettings

Jan 16, 2011

+1 This is exactly what happened to me. But it looks very promising! Good job for not having the device. Thanks....and thats why we backup lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simplistic ROM

About Simpistic
    Simpistic is a ROM that was designed to use the least RAM possible! Meaning that it's a clean, fast, stable and super lite ROM! With no bloatware.
    ROM is De-Odexed and based on the newest ICS leak (3.10.605.13)
    For flashing, please read the 2nd post! (It's important!)

Features
    • No VZW or HTC Bloatware!
    • Performance improvements
    • Based on 3.10.605.13
    • Superlite (425MB) and smooth
    • Sony Bravia Engine (Makes images look better)
    • Stock ICS Launcher, MMS, Lockscreen and Contacts
    • Zipaligned
    • Wifi Tether

Place PH98IMG.zip in your SDCard and flash it! Then flash the ROM.

Download
    Newest Release Version: RC1.1 *Uploaded!*

Thanks to all who helped
    dsixda for the kitchen, joelZ9614 for his base, and for everyone else who helped!

I would be more than glad to help anyone with anything. Feel free to ask any question and I will get back to you as soon as possible!

If you like my work, please consider clicking the thanks button!

If you want more quality ROMs from me, please consider donating through PayPal as I am developing without owning the HTC Rezound :)

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted

The ROM is installed at your own risk, as I take no risk if your phone breaks, or even if dragons pop up from your phone and eat you xP.(But nothing bad should happen :D)
    Also you might want to throw a stock keyboard in there too, just so people have the option if they don't like swype. I know they can just download one too, but just a suggestion.
    RC 1.1 has done uploading while I was sleeping :)
    It has been uploaded for some time now.
    So its safe to flash.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
    Some things I noticed:

1. Cannot select country (Already mentioned). Pressing Back / Home gets around this.
    2. Attempting to select a Ringtone / Notification tone causes Settings to FC.
    3. There's no keyboard, just Google Voice Typing.
    4. USB Mass Storage doesn't appear to work.

Otherwise, it seems very smooth.

RC 1.1 has done uploading while I was sleeping :)
    It has been uploaded for some time now.
    So its safe to flash.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

Has anyone tested those on 1.1? I don't care for kb, but it would be nice to have USB Mass Storage. Thanks :)