Sim Card Required for Sprint?

Search This thread

mumbles202

Jan 4, 2012
I was planning on ordering an unlocked N5 to use on Sprint for a few months before going to ATT. As far as I understood this required a sprint sim so I called sprint before and was able to order 1. For whatever reason they canceled my original order so I called back in today and now they are telling me the sim isn't available and isn't needed to activate the device, only if I intend to use it internationally. Any truth to that or are they just up to speed on what needs to be done. I've talked to 3 people at this point, including a supervisor, all of which said this.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

coorsleftfield

Jul 5, 2012
Yes there needs to be a sim in the phone. They probably won't give you one until you have the phone in hand. Order it and when it arrives, take it to the sprint store and ask them to activate it. They will have to install a sim to get it working.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

CRIME INC.

Jan 18, 2011
HENDERSONVILLE
Yes there needs to be a sim in the phone. They probably won't give you one until you have the phone in hand. Order it and when it arrives, take it to the sprint store and ask them to activate it. They will have to install a sim to get it working.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

+1 some stores are out of them, don't get discouraged. You may need to try more than one store

sent from my Hammerhead Nexus

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
Opinions are like a$$holes bro. Sprint, where I live is flawless. Superb speeds, no drops,and perfect lte

Until i see LTE on my friends phone i will continue to bash them, i also have a premium form access to a site called S4GRU
Sprint Filed their permits 9 Months late compared to Verizon,AT&T,T-mobile, it appears they also don't know how to file a permit correctly as most of the cell sites are marked Plans need correction. 3G speeds are nothing but dailup. So until i see LTE or 3G has been improved i will continue to bash them :good: they think Hawaii isn't a priority market and LTE should arrive in Q3 2015, Clearwire thought it was and id be damn better to let them take over sprint instead of sprint taking over them.

CRIME INC.

Jan 18, 2011
HENDERSONVILLE
Never said they were perfect bro. But they're good to me. Sorry you got screwed. I've been with them for a decade with no complaints. Who you with now?

Last edited:

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
Never said they were perfect bro. But they're good to me. Sorry you got screwed. I've been with them for a decade with no complaints. Who you with now?

Running T-Mobile and Verizon

One for work T-Mobile ( for going overseas ) *Preferred
One for personal Verizon

CRIME INC.

Jan 18, 2011
HENDERSONVILLE
Nice. I almost switched to t mo but my brother said its hit or miss here where I live. And Verizon is out cuz of the data cap

devo3d

Oct 10, 2012
Huntsville
If I have a Nexus 5 that was intended for At&t can I simply put a Sprint LTE Sim in it and activate it on Sprint or do I need a Nexus 5 that was intended for Sprint?

( I really need a 100% sure answer please ASAP )

devo3d

Oct 10, 2012
Huntsville
You can 100% use a sprint sim to use it on sprint:D you just put it in and reboot

Thanks for that info because I had a Sprint person tell me it has to be a "Sprint" Nexus 5.....I'm glad any will work. I already have one for At&t but I want one for Boost now... I have to find one at a good price now..LOL [ if anyone reads this that wants to sell one..PM me ]

noXcape

Mar 12, 2012
Sprint has been told to say its locked....or they don't know much about the nexus 5 yet... Every tech/customer support person I have talked to or chatted with has said its locked..blah blah blah...but its not...there Sim card is the only thing that ties the N5 to sprint :)

Also 350 for a completely unlocked superphone is insanely cheap...don't buy second hand

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Reactions: devo3d

devo3d

Oct 10, 2012
Huntsville
Sprint has been told to say its locked....or they don't know much about the nexus 5 yet... Every tech/customer support person I have talked to or chatted with has said its locked..blah blah blah...but its not...there Sim card is the only thing that ties the N5 to sprint :)

Also 350 for a completely unlocked superphone is insanely cheap...don't buy second hand

I kinda figured that...thats why I came here to ask. I can't help buying second hand....lol. I have a new 32gb one on At&t and I just can't afford another new one..every little bit saved helps these days.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Come to hawaii we have all the sprint sim cards you need, really no one goes to sprint its crap lol.

Opinions are like a$$holes bro. Sprint, where I live is flawless. Superb speeds, no drops,and perfect lte

If I have a Nexus 5 that was intended for At&t can I simply put a Sprint LTE Sim in it and activate it on Sprint or do I need a Nexus 5 that was intended for Sprint?

( I really need a 100% sure answer please ASAP )

You can 100% use a sprint sim to use it on sprint:D you just put it in and reboot