Hacked Sprint Hotspot No Internet Connection

Search This thread

mjhuffer

Sep 17, 2007
Indianapolis
I'm on the newest sense rom from Captain Throwback but this has been happening to me since I was back on MeanBean. I can turn my Hotpot on and I get no errors and I can connect with my laptop, tablet, and desktop. On each of these devices, they connect just fine, but there is no Internet Connection. I have tried absolutely everything, Changing security settings, changing SSID, changing password, changing advanced settings, and trying the hacks below.

I've even tried the fix here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2509613&page=2

I've even tried removing and adding all the build prop edits from MeanBean

This used to work no problem and I cannot pinpoint when it stopped working. I'm guessing it has something to do in my MSID settings or something on the cellular level. I don't think it is a hardware issue because I got WifiTether for root users to work.

Please any help would be awesome. I've literally tried everything

Please don't recommend me to use WIFI Tether. I'm not a fan of that app and my stock app should be working.

mjhuffer

Sep 17, 2007
Indianapolis
There is an updated hack recently posted in my thread - did you try that?

And technically, unless you have a tethering plan, it shouldn't be working, so you may want to think about that statement a bit.

I understand all that but I figured it you didn't have it on your plan, the error 69 would come up when trying to start it. I thought when is was hacked, Sprint wouldn't be able to see how your data was being used. On second hand, I do use a great deal of data so maybe I was flagged. Yes I did try the latest hotspot hack but I will flash again.

mjhuffer

Sep 17, 2007
Indianapolis
Ya nothing happened when I flashed the hotspot hack. This is just so weird. Any other suggestions would be awesome. I think this all started when I flashed the 3.17 firmware. I almost want to try flashing it again but I will have to unlock my bootloader again.

mjhuffer

Sep 17, 2007
Indianapolis
Ok so I've been doing a lot of testing and I've figured something out. When I drop the Network Mode to CDMA only, the hotspot works just fine. Does anybody else have problems with the hotspot when you are in LTE/CDMA mode with the stock app? I remember this being a problem way way back but I thought it was fixed or at least the app would only use CDMA data.

mjhuffer

Sep 17, 2007
Indianapolis
Yes. I had this same issue. Iptables isn't playing nice. I recommend JB Wifi Tether, it's been working flawlessly.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Have you found anything around the web to fix this? I can't call into Sprint and complain obviously.

What does the JB Wifi Tether app do? It seems to replace some things within the IPtables. Is there some way to create a script to do this automatically on a reboot so i can delete the app? Can I delete jtether once a run it once?

I personally want to try this script.
http://albertomilone.com/?p=581
I'll give it a shot and let you know.

This guy here also has something going. Basically I want to be able to select it from my quick setting and not have to open the app every time.
http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/general/4-4-1-4-4-2-nexus-4-lte-lte-tethering-t2416822

Last edited:

mjhuffer

Sep 17, 2007
Indianapolis
So JB Wifi Tether works great. Just kinda suck you have to open an app to get tethering working. Anybody know of any scripts for the iptables that work at bootup?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes. I had this same issue. Iptables isn't playing nice. I recommend JB Wifi Tether, it's been working flawlessly.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app