Beware of slippery 10.1's!

Search This thread

gnatz007

Feb 14, 2009
I was reading a book on my spiffy new 10.1 and it slipped off my lap... 20" or so on to the tile floor. Just enough to flip it on its screen. BTW, the tile won :mad:

Now to wait until they ship the tab officially, and hopefully a replacement screen is available.

Totally bummed out.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 373

xavierdylan

Aug 6, 2007
sydney
20" is noting. even regular sodalime glass should be able to survive that. that is very disappointing to hear!. :(
Doesnt look like gorilla glass to me! :(

Ravynmagi

Nov 2, 2010
Whenever I see Gorilla glass strength demonstrated, it is always using impacts on the front of it. Not on the edges. This tablet looks like it landed on it's edge where the glass is weakest.

Also, Samsung advertises "Easy Grip" as a feature of the tablet. I'm hoping that is just something the Galaxy Tab IO Edition is missing, because it sounds like people that have that tablet have grip problems.

scmguru

Feb 3, 2007
FWIW.. you can probably replace the front glass only (from what it looks like). As far as I recall.. the front glass/touch panel is not bonded to the LCD.

oxeneers

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, Calif.
www.oxeneers.com
I've had the 10.1 since I/O and have had no "slippery" problems. Don't know how you guys are holding it, or not paying attention when you have a 10.1 inch tablet that's worth over $600~ in your lap or hands, but I'm a little bit more attentive.

brianwilcox

Dec 3, 2008
I've had the 10.1 since I/O and have had no "slippery" problems. Don't know how you guys are holding it, or not paying attention when you have a 10.1 inch tablet that's worth over $600~ in your lap or hands, but I'm a little bit more attentive.

Way to kick a guy when he's down....and just lost his irreplaceable tablet. Have a heart man.

bbeelzebub

May 11, 2010
Beverly Hills, CA
Damn, after the video on youtube of the Russian guy beating the hell out of the tablet, You'd think it would survive a 20" fall.

Maybe if you email Samsung, they may take pity on you. Besides, it would be good for their image.