[Q] Phone signal problems

Search This thread

D4nyal

Jun 2, 2013
I have got at&t unlocked phone and I haven't had any problem from above an year but I have been having signal problems from two weeks now. Messages come and go after hours, sometimes they are quick. It's like my phone is on it's own mood whether to send or not. When I try to check credits I get the error "Connection problem or inavlid MMI code". Sometimes my phone's carrier disappear too. Signals are all full. I tried porting into another carrier and found no difference at all.

I think it's related to IMEI because when I *#06# then a pop comes written "0" on it instead of showing IMEI code. Please help! Thanks!

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012
I have got at&t unlocked phone and I haven't had any problem from above an year but I have been having signal problems from two weeks now. Messages come and go after hours, sometimes they are quick. It's like my phone is on it's own mood whether to send or not. When I try to check credits I get the error "Connection problem or inavlid MMI code". Sometimes my phone's carrier disappear too. Signals are all full. I tried porting into another carrier and found no difference at all.

I think it's related to IMEI because when I *#06# then a pop comes written "0" on it instead of showing IMEI code. Please help! Thanks!

Have you recently updated your rom or flashed anything? Maybe you could flash the modem files again and fix your problem?

When you go to about phone what does it say for baseband?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: D4nyal

D4nyal

Jun 2, 2013
Have you recently updated your rom or flashed anything? Maybe you could flash the modem files again and fix your problem?

I think the problem occurred after I flashed leaked version of stock 4.3. Firmware was I747UCUEMJ2. I flashed CyanogenMod 10.2 hoping that it might fix the problem but it didn't made any difference.

I checked baseband version and surprisingly, it's I747UCUEMJ2. So, what do you think? Is that the problem? Also, how can I fix this? Last question, what if I restore IMEI etc then will it still be unlocked or I will need an at&t sim?

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
The phone have been unlocked so if I restore, will it still be unlocked?

I think the problem occurred after I flashed leaked version of stock 4.3. Firmware was I747UCUEMJ2. I flashed CyanogenMod 10.2 hoping that it might fix the problem but it didn't made any difference.

I checked baseband version and surprisingly, it's I747UCUEMJ2. So, what do you think? Is that the problem? Also, how can I fix this? Last question, what if I restore IMEI etc then will it still be unlocked or I will need an at&t sim?

Restoring will not re-lock the phone. If your imei and baseband appear correct, I don't think you need to inject the imei.

You could use Odin to flash back to stock and see if the problem persists.

Reactions: D4nyal

D4nyal

Jun 2, 2013
Restoring will not re-lock the phone. If your imei and baseband appear correct, I don't think you need to inject the imei.

Flashed stock 4.1.1 rom. Baseband version has been changed. Restored IMEI and IMEI number now shows. Problem doesn't seem to be fixed yet.. :/

D4nyal

Jun 2, 2013
And I still can't check how many credits I have. When I dial *124# then it's saying "Connection problem or invalid MMI code".

D4nyal

Jun 2, 2013
Sorry to disturb but I have a question. Since carriers over here doesn't provide micro-sim so we have to cut out large sims and then ready to use. So, I did that but I also noticed that my friend who has S3 got smaller sim circuit and my sim's circuit covers almost whole sim. Maybe that could be the problem? Please answer so I can then contact carrier.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For some reason, it looks like the folder containing your IMEI has been corrupted. Try to re-install the imei using NV writer.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1804117

The phone have been unlocked so if I restore, will it still be unlocked?