[RECOVERY] LG Optimus Net Clockworkmod 5.0.2.7 - v1

Search This thread

kazmothe

Feb 10, 2012
Hi... im a noobie . just rooted my phone optimus net.
i just cant understand some instructions to use clockwork mod recovery on my device.

1. is Adb the cmd prompt i used to root my device?
2. Recovery.img ? Just google it and download it from anywhere?
3. I just got my board replaced from flashing a wrong recovery using rom manager , can these instructions be more specific?

Thx a lot :)

kazmothe

Feb 10, 2012
Weew got it recovered... i need to read instructions carefully... i didnt do the md55... something like that. Well rooting is very easy ... customizing it is way out of my league.

Sent from my LG-P690 using XDA App

kazmothe

Feb 10, 2012
I used the kdz updater ... its very easy to follow. The only problem you may encounter is having your phone be detected by your computer.

adiosa

Apr 21, 2011
Ile-Ife
I used the kdz updater ... its very easy to follow. The only problem you may encounter is having your phone be detected by your computer.

How do i get my phone to be detected by my computer, the phone is P698. i have tried the power button and the menu button simultaneously it will start and restart the second time but when connected to the system it still not seen and the boot screen still remains. ... Any clue?

Which phone? Can't you get into recovery nor to normal boot?

The phone is p698 and i can't get into neither recovery nor normal boot.... please jst_tsj, i hope i will still be able to use this phone because its not more that two days old, just felt i should change from my old HTC hero.....please your helpwill be highly appreciated and will continue to hit your thanks button for the next one week....;)

eventually i got it to boot with the original firmware. after trying volume up button and power it got into emergency mode and i flashed using lg software updater.....

But i will still like to use custom rom on this phone.....please any help on that and i really appreciate you guys for the gesture. Will hit you tk button now.

Last edited:

adiosa

Apr 21, 2011
Ile-Ife
It's pretty nice trying out the CWM recovery on my p698, the failure makes me learn new things ..... though was confused.

Please can you cook a CWM recovery that will work with my p698 Otimus Net Dual, i will supply any info needed.

adiosa

Apr 21, 2011
Ile-Ife
Are u saying u were able to flash cwm recovery on your p698? Pls give me the link to download the version u used! Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-P698 using XDA App

shreyas.kukde

Feb 4, 2011
Pune
*** WARNING: This is a risky procedure that could damage your phone - PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK ***

*** ONLY INSTALL THE LATEST VERSION AVAILABLE ***

Hello everyone,

I've succesfully ported the CyanogenMod Clockworkmod recovery for our *beloved* Net Optimus Some details:

-> REQUIREMENTS:
-- ROOT
-- ADB
-- KNOW HOW TO CHECK THE MD5SUM OF A FILE -> HowToMD5SUM - Guide for Windows and Linux

The Recovery can be installed as follow:

• Download recovery.img from the link attachment
  • IMPORTANT: Check MD5SUM - This is to ensure that during the download / copy the file is not corrupted
  • Copy recovery.img to the SD
  • download Flash_image, unzip and copy it to SD

Now you must install the recovery through ADB (the commands must be entered one by one in the shell, waiting a couple of seconds between one and another.

Code:
$ adb shell
# su
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
# cat /sdcard/flash_image> /system/bin/flash_image
# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
# mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
# reboot recovery

Note: the command
Code:
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
could give you an error "File not found", ignore it.

If all goes well, the menu with a cheerful hat ClockworkMod background confirms that the boot recovery occurred in CW.
Also ignore the error below: "E: bad boot message" is not a real error.

The recovery functionality is simple:

- The volume keys to scroll
- The back button to go back
- The power button to select a menu item.

If you have problems, you can select Advanced / Error Reporting. This will generate a log into SD (recovery.log). You can use it to understand the problem.

---------------------------------------- Changelog - --------------------------------------------------------
v1 beta.1 (MD5SUM 5707de3d7463072e3bf9d3c1d6108ef1)
updated to 5.0.2.8

Original Thread : [TEST] Custom Recovery per LG Optimus Net - Clockwork 5.0.2.7 - Androidworld.it

Thanks to:
save80

Disclaimer:
Neither I nor XDA consider ourselves responsible for any damage caused to the telephone,
install this recovery at your own risk.

You made my day man... I feel like kissing you. thank you very much

r_mugen

Mar 4, 2012
Mumbai
Feedback

Works well. The details of my p690 at time of installing were as follows:

Android version 2.3.4
Kernel version 2.6.35.10-perf+
Build number GRJ22
Software version V10e-JAN-06-2012

After installing your custom ROM, ROM Manager was also able to identify the recovery (as a custom installed recovery).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** WARNING: This is a risky procedure that could damage your phone - PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK ***

ONLY FOR P690 - NOT P698 OR OTHER DIFFERENT MODELS

for p698 look at this thread : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25103749&postcount=1

*** ONLY INSTALL THE LATEST VERSION AVAILABLE ***

Hello everyone,

I've succesfully ported the CyanogenMod Clockworkmod recovery for our *beloved* Net Optimus Some details:

-> REQUIREMENTS:
    -- ROOT
    -- ADB
    -- KNOW HOW TO CHECK THE MD5SUM OF A FILE -> HowToMD5SUM - Guide for Windows and Linux

The Recovery can be installed as follow:

• Download recovery.img from the link attachment
    • IMPORTANT: Check MD5SUM - This is to ensure that during the download / copy the file is not corrupted
    • Copy recovery.img to the SD
    • download Flash_image, unzip and copy it to SD

Now you must install the recovery through ADB (the commands must be entered one by one in the shell, waiting a couple of seconds between one and another.

Code:
    $ adb shell
    # su
    # mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
    # cat /sdcard/flash_image> /system/bin/flash_image
    # chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
    # mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
    # mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
    # flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
    # reboot recovery

Note: the command
    Code:
    mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
    could give you an error "File not found", ignore it.

If all goes well, the menu with a cheerful hat ClockworkMod background confirms that the boot recovery occurred in CW.
    Also ignore the error below: "E: bad boot message" is not a real error.

The recovery functionality is simple:

- The volume keys to scroll
    - The back button to go back
    - The power button to select a menu item.

If you have problems, you can select Advanced / Error Reporting. This will generate a log into SD (recovery.log). You can use it to understand the problem.

---------------------------------------- Changelog - --------------------------------------------------------
    v1 beta.1 (MD5SUM 5707de3d7463072e3bf9d3c1d6108ef1)
    updated to 5.0.2.8

Original Thread : [TEST] Custom Recovery per LG Optimus Net - Clockwork 5.0.2.7 - Androidworld.it

Thanks to:
    save80

Disclaimer:
    Neither I nor XDA consider ourselves responsible for any damage caused to the telephone,
    install this recovery at your own risk.
    RELEASES :

5.0.2.8 -> https://rapidshare.com/files/2585790621/recovery.img (258e95cd2a697d902c2c139893d83063)

Please give me feedback about recovery functionalities.
    Someone pls tell me they combination to enter Recovery Mod...

Ty in advance!
    Volume up plus home plus power button
    Please HELP!!! got bricked too. How do i get out?:confused:

Which phone? Can't you get into recovery nor to normal boot?
    Yes you can install recovery without any need for a PC.
    See this :
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1411500