[Mod] Increase Max Brightness

Search This thread

hatcyl

Nov 30, 2008
but I have a Note 2 not an iPhone 5. Personally i think the screen is plenty bright enough. Not trying to troll or nothing, just want to understand better, but i like i said i personally dont see many requests for a brighter screen. how would one benefit from having a screen brighter than the brightest stock setting?

Screen brightness is a big deal, especially outdoor.

I mean, ask Apple why the screen in the iPhone5 goes so bright.

In the end, I'd just about personal preference. If your screen can be brighter then why not?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: ridleyj329

cuezaireekaa

Apr 26, 2010
glacier bay
www.last.fm
Look for an app called "screen dim"
It lets you take your brightness and contrast down to ZERO.

Caution: can be really hard to see if you do that. I know, I've spent 10 min in a dark closet trying to open the app again after accidentally backing out of the app with the screen all the way down... pm me if you can't find it and I'll get you a copy.

i use this app and its the best ive tried. ScreenFilter doesnt dim the nav bar. ScreenDim does it perfectly.

but yeah.. im gonna use this MOD for those sunny days. Thanks OP

Last edited:

resarfekim

Jan 26, 2011
Thanks for the app.

So, if I force-stop "A Brighter Note" should it get slightly dimmer? And when I click the "A Brighter Note" app, I should see it get brighter?
I'm not noticing any difference. Running Whomp 2.7.1

Thanks,
Mike

Xhemal1325

Jul 2, 2013
im using A Galaxy W, but i really neded an app that can decrease the max brightness, but i got this app, and dont know if its working , i install app, grant the root premisions, and when i want to open the app it wont open, , i clikc on it and nothing ?! Can someone tell me that is this app open - able, or it just take efect without opening it ? :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING:
    Using this mod may decrease battery life, decrease screen life and/or quality, cause overheating, cause your phone to blow up or cause other damage to your phone. Use at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage this mod causes to your phone.

This Mod will increase the max brightness of your phone by about 10%.

Note:
    Auto Brightness must be turned off for this to work.
    Root is required for this Mod.

Instructions:
    Download and run app attached to this post.

Or. ..

echo 1 > /sys/class/backlight/panel/auto_brightness

If you reboot or enable auto brightness you have to run it again.

The best way to tell if it worked would be to run it when your screen is already at full brightness. You'll see it go a bit brighter.

Tested on T-Mobile Note II, but this may work in many Samsung Galaxy phones.
    screen filter or root dim work. they place a transparent black overlay on top of the screen and dims everything. works best with oled/amoled screens as the overlay actually lowers the light output where if you were using a traditional led backlight it'll still have the same brightness but the hue of everything would be reduced.

I also find Galactic Night to be useful. I often use red mode if driving so I don't have a mini spot light in my car.
    Is there a way to lower minimum brightness? Cause even at the lowest brightness,its bright as hell

screen filter or root dim work. they place a transparent black overlay on top of the screen and dims everything. works best with oled/amoled screens as the overlay actually lowers the light output where if you were using a traditional led backlight it'll still have the same brightness but the hue of everything would be reduced.
    but I have a Note 2 not an iPhone 5. Personally i think the screen is plenty bright enough. Not trying to troll or nothing, just want to understand better, but i like i said i personally dont see many requests for a brighter screen. how would one benefit from having a screen brighter than the brightest stock setting?

Screen brightness is a big deal, especially outdoor.

I mean, ask Apple why the screen in the iPhone5 goes so bright.

In the end, I'd just about personal preference. If your screen can be brighter then why not?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium HD app