[Q] Camera Buttons disappeared after update to 4.3

Search This thread

ha87

Apr 27, 2014
Hello,

I just got my update for my S3 from 4.1.2 to 4.3, after I updated the system. Three things started to happen:

1. The Samsung Email application has disappeared and I cannot find it all in the Applications Manager, I also looked into the Google PlayStore and didn't find it.

2. When I open the Camera to take a picture I can't find any shortcuts to the camera buttons at all, and as a result I can't take any photos.

3. The mobile crashes a lot.

Because of these I backed up my data and did a hard reset. After that I ran my new fresh installation, but I found that the first two problems still exist in the new installation.

So How can I solve these problems? Please advice.

spiderman07

Dec 13, 2012
my guess is that something happened during update...something went wrong...even if the update is from samsung and is tested it can fail....

i suggest a clean install....get your contacts, photos, all data you want and save it...after that get the right firmware from HERE(it's the official samsung site)...

don't do with back-up/restore...get manually data you want to be saved.

Reactions: ha87

ha87

Apr 27, 2014
Firmware Version

my guess is that something happened during update...something went wrong...even if the update is from samsung and is tested it can fail....

i suggest a clean install....get your contacts, photos, all data you want and save it...after that get the right firmware from (it's the official samsung site)...

Thanks for your reply.

My current problem now, I am not familiar with the firmware upgrade by myself. I am confused which firmware I should download and use?
Because my mobile is not tighten to any operator,I bought it from the middle east, but I can't find my country in the list of the firmwares.

Also I know if I did the manual firmware, I won't get any updates later for my mobile. And I lose the warranty, correct or not?

These are my current mobile info:

Model: GT-I9300
BaseBand version: I9300XXUGNA8
Kernal Version: 3.0.31-2454463
dpi@DELL312#1
Tue Feb 25 15:25:04 KST 2014
Build Number: JSS15J.I9300XXUGNB6

PDA: I9300XXUGNB6
CSC: I9300OJVGNB3
AP: I9300XXUGNB6
CP: I9300XXUGNA8

Last edited:

spiderman07

Dec 13, 2012
if you can't find your country....get the one that is next to you...

in what country do you live in?

for example: now i got on the phone firmware from other mobile operator than the one i got the phone...got the firmware from Cosmote and bought phone from Orange(those are companies in my country)...it will not lock the phone on a specific network....no firmware can..

and NO...you will not lose warranty...as long as you flash firmware from samfirmware your device will still have Official status in download(odin) mode....it will increase flash counter(but that doesn't matter for warranty)...for them matters the Knox Counter...and NO...those firmware won't trip it...it will still be 0x0.

as for the updates...i check manually....when the 4.4.2 will come out(and it will) i will do it manually(to enjoy the update fully)

ha87

Apr 27, 2014
Mobile Origin

for example: now i got on the phone firmware from other mobile operator than the one i got the phone...got the firmware from Cosmote and bought phone from Orange(those are companies in my country)...it will not lock the phone on a specific network....no firmware can..

and NO...you will not lose warranty...as long as you flash firmware from samfirmware your device will still have Official status in download(odin) mode....it will increase flash counter(but that doesn't matter for warranty)...for them matters the Knox Counter...and NO...those firmware won't trip it...it will still be 0x0.

as for the updates...i check manually....when the 4.4.2 will come out(and it will) i will do it manually(to enjoy the update fully)

Thanks for your reply, it releaves me. I bought the mobile from Syria, and currently I live in Sweden.

I checked on sammobile as you told me, and it seems that Saudia has the same PDA and CSC of my mobile and the date is April. So should I proceed with this firmware?

Does BaseBand version has anything to do with firmware selection?

Also I read that from the Build Number you can know the name of the country, but I was not able to figure out the name of the country my mobile was directed to, as I told you I bought it from Syria, but the imported somewhere else. So do you have an idea about how to get the country from the Build Number?

All the information for PDA and CSC are provided in the previous reply.

spiderman07

Dec 13, 2012
DOWNLOAD 4.3 - has Kies support.

DOWNLOAD 4.1.2

here is the right firmware for your phone....is not branded to any network...this is all in one package...flash with Odin 3.09 as AP....it has CSC in it...

even if you got the phone from Syria should change the CSC for the country you use it in...it has network frequency stuff in it...

and yes you could read that code to find out from where the firmware is and when it was created

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i suggest a clean install....get your contacts, photos, all data you want and save it...after that get the right firmware from HERE(it's the official samsung site)...

DOWNLOAD 4.3 - has Kies support.

DOWNLOAD 4.1.2

here is the right firmware for your phone....is not branded to any network...this is all in one package...flash with Odin 3.09 as AP....it has CSC in it...

even if you got the phone from Syria should change the CSC for the country you use it in...it has network frequency stuff in it...

and yes you could read that code to find out from where the firmware is and when it was created