Active Display Funky

Search This thread

conquesoextra

May 2, 2012
Hi guys,

I don't know why but my active display works funky.

It has a delay of 2 or 3 seconds and doesnt Show the clock/hour

I don't know how to explain because my english its poor.

But check this pic:

y2unetat.jpg

Enviado desde mi XT1058 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

lulajardim

Jun 19, 2011
Brazil / Maceio-AL
Hi guys,

But check this pic:

y2unetat.jpg

Mine does this no-clock thing sometimes but it isn't that often so it doesn't really bother me.
Does the delay occur when you unlock the phone or do you mean the delay is for the "lock" icon to show after you take your phone out of your pocket?

conquesoextra

May 2, 2012
Mine does this no-clock thing sometimes but it isn't that often so it doesn't really bother me.

Does the delay occur when you unlock the phone or do you mean the delay is for the "lock" icon to show after you take your phone out of your pocket?

But ¿why happens the no-clock thing?... Mine is never showed :(

The delay is for the lock/no-clock icon after I pick up my phone from the desk or I take it from my pocket.

Thanks in advance

conquesoextra

May 2, 2012
Well.. Its seems that my phone has a very rare bug.

The guys from Motorola are surprised.

My case its now whit an "engineer level 3"...

mroneeyedboh

Feb 14, 2008
There is an on going issue with the active display not functioning fully as the time goes on. I seen a post on Google or Motorola and they do know about it

bolo808

Sep 5, 2013
Hi guys,

But check this pic:

I have the same exact problem. It's weird because it's totally at random when these will happen. Sometimes I'll just have a delay but it'll show the clock fine or it'll just show the lock icon but I'll have no delay when unlocking, or sometimes I'll have both happen to me. I tried wiping the data and reinstalling it before but it didn't help. Not a huge problem since I'm used to it but a fix would be great. Hopefully in a future update.

Reactions: conquesoextra

mac1996

Oct 28, 2013
Bloomingdale
I think we should report bugs from the play store.. Same with me shows only lock but no time....

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

conquesoextra

May 2, 2012
Wow, im not alone.

You should report this... I changed the firmware 3 times and the bug remains, so i think its hardware.

The only thing that i didnt test its flashing a custom rom but im tired.

Im selling this phone to buy another (the same but new).

scorpion667

Jul 26, 2011
Toronto
I am guessing you guys updated active notifications to the latest version? When I had that latest version, pulling the phone out of pocket and unlocking had a lengthy delay. After pulling the ring down there was a 1.5 sec delay to get to homescreen. Not sure if my issue is related to yours.

All I did to fix was RSDlite back to 4.4.2 and keep WIFI off to prevent automatic update. Disable automatic update in play store then enable wifi. No more delay issues for the last two days since I applied that fix.

Arak-Nafein

Sep 9, 2010
I am guessing you guys updated active notifications to the latest version? When I had that latest version, pulling the phone out of pocket and unlocking had a lengthy delay. After pulling the ring down there was a 1.5 sec delay to get to homescreen. Not sure if my issue is related to yours.

All I did to fix was RSDlite back to 4.4.2 and keep WIFI off to prevent automatic update. Disable automatic update in play store then enable wifi. No more delay issues for the last two days since I applied that fix.

I have the latest version of Active Display, Version 1.2.12 and I do not have any delays.

I have had the no clock thing happen once or twice, in a period of several months....it's so rare I don't worry about it.

conquesoextra

May 2, 2012
At the end i sold the moto x, but now i have another new :)

No more problems! 0 delays and i have the clock allways!

Im still thinking that was a hardware problem but i don't know the cause.

Enviado desde mi XT1053 mediante Tapatalk

scorpion667

Jul 26, 2011
Toronto
At the end i sold the moto x, but now i have another new :)

No more problems! 0 delays and i have the clock allways!

Im still thinking that was a hardware problem but i don't know the cause.

A quick RSDlite back to stock can usually fix issues like that. Just batch backup all user apps with titanium or ultimate backup (no preference, takes 3 button presses either way), back up sms and ringtones (if you added any via zedge etc) reflash then restore everything. You can have her back up and running same way you had it in about 20 minutes.

conquesoextra

May 2, 2012
A quick RSDlite back to stock can usually fix issues like that. Just batch backup all user apps with titanium or ultimate backup (no preference, takes 3 button presses either way), back up sms and ringtones (if you added any via zedge etc) reflash then restore everything. You can have her back up and running same way you had it in about 20 minutes.

I already did that.

I tried whit 3 different firmwares (Brasil, iusacell, Telcel) and the problem persist.

Also i performed 3 diferent factory resets (from the menú, vía recovery and whit fastboot).

Believe me, i did a lot of things.

Reactions: scorpion667

scorpion667

Jul 26, 2011
Toronto
I already did that.

I tried whit 3 different firmwares (Brasil, iusacell, Telcel) and the problem persist.

Also i performed 3 diferent factory resets (from the menú, vía recovery and whit fastboot).

Ah ok sorry I was not aware. Well I'm glad your new phone does not have the issue =)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

But check this pic:

I have the same exact problem. It's weird because it's totally at random when these will happen. Sometimes I'll just have a delay but it'll show the clock fine or it'll just show the lock icon but I'll have no delay when unlocking, or sometimes I'll have both happen to me. I tried wiping the data and reinstalling it before but it didn't help. Not a huge problem since I'm used to it but a fix would be great. Hopefully in a future update.

I already did that.