Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Mar 17, 2013
I have a RAZR 98.72.16.XT912.verizon
build date FEB 2013
Rooted with RAZR_Blade and installed Titanium backup
I installed rootchecker, I do have root

There is an update waiting, and I don't want it. I have no access to internet except through foxfi, and I afraid I'm going to lose it.

My question is, "What do I do next"?
I want free wifi since I have unlimited data and, to stop updates if possible.

Once I am confident, I have an HTC DNA waiting on an update and I would also like to root it as well.
Hardware 0003
software 3.06.605.4
sense 5.0

Please help

D

Darth

Hi there!

Here's a Complete Root Guide for the DNA.

And you'll need to be more clear about what you are after on your Razr. Free WiFi? Not sure what you mean by that. But THIS thread is for the Maxx, but should be the same to stop the OTA notification.

:)

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2013
I have been grandfathered for the unlimited plan at Verizon, I don't want to pay Verizon monthly to use the "hotspot"(I guess this is the mistake I made).

The HTC looks like a very old thread, does it still apply for me?

D

Darth

I have been grandfathered for the unlimited plan at Verizon, I don't want to pay Verizon monthly to use the "hotspot"(I guess this is the mistake I made).

The HTC looks like a very old thread, does it still apply for me?

Root methods don't usually change. You can always look around the section that threads in to see if there's anything newer. Also....anytime you're in a thread that's older...check last page and read back for more current posts.

Also it depends on what version of android you're on. If its old versions, older threads would still apply.

Again, look through the section that thread is in....never know what you'll find!

And I still don't know what free WiFi is. WiFi is WiFi. ;)

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

If that root thread doesn't help, you can always ask for assistance in the DNA Q&A section....here....

http://xdaforums.com/droid-dna/help

Mar 17, 2013
Root methods don't usually change. You can always look around the section that threads in to see if there's anything newer. Also....anytime you're in a thread that's older...check last page and read back for more current posts.

Also it depends on what version of android you're on. If its old versions, older threads would still apply.

Again, look through the section that thread is in....never know what you'll find!

And I still don't know what free WiFi is. WiFi is WiFi. ;)

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

If that root thread doesn't help, you can always ask for assistance in the DNA Q&A section....here....

http://xdaforums.com/droid-dna/help

I totally misspoke using the term wifi. What I meant to say is, I use Foxfi as my wireless hotspot at my house, it is the only thing available where

I live aside from getting a dish. That being said, I need a phone that I can continue to access the web with a hotspot without having to pay

Verizon $20 a month. I am very intrigued with all the possible ROM's available, but I'm lost in the safestrap, CWMOD, TWRP, nandroid back-up.

I do appreciate your patience.

D

Darth

I totally misspoke using the term wifi. What I meant to say is, I use Foxfi as my wireless hotspot at my house, it is the only thing available where

I live aside from getting a dish. That being said, I need a phone that I can continue to access the web with a hotspot without having to pay

Verizon $20 a month. I am very intrigued with all the possible ROM's available, but I'm lost in the safestrap, CWMOD, TWRP, nandroid back-up.

I do appreciate your patience.

No problem! ;)

Just make a friendly thread in the section I linked above and ask a few questions. The members there know your device better than any....I'm sure you'll find answers! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.