Switched to t Mobile

Search This thread

Bill Idol

Aug 4, 2007
San Francisco
Hello, I just switched from att to tmo and I'm the proud owner of the Xperia Z1S. Is this the right xda developers forum to be on even though it says Xperia Z1 not Z1s?
Sent from my C6916 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
Hello, I just switched from att to tmo and I'm the proud owner of the Xperia Z1S. Is this the right xda developers forum to be on even though it says Xperia Z1 not Z1s?

Yeah, we don't get a special sub forum for us becuase we're the minority, but be careful what you do, we are model C6916 so don't be flashing roms or you will get a brick cause we also have a locked bootyloader, though some mods for the regular z1 works for the z1s

Bill Idol

Aug 4, 2007
San Francisco
Yeah, we don't get a special sub forum for us becuase we're the minority, but be careful what you do, we are model C6916 so don't be flashing roms or you will get a brick cause we also have a locked bootyloader, though some mods for the regular z1 works for the z1s

Thanks for the reply, so our C6916 phones do not have an unlockable bootloader? That sucks the big one!!! So what did you do, just root it and use Xposed?

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
Thanks for the reply, so our C6916 phones do not have an unlockable bootloader? That sucks the big one!!! So what did you do, just root it and use Xposed?

Pretty much, I also flashed the DreamingonMusic mod in the android development section, it allows the earpiece to become a speaker since the earpiece is pretty loud, basically like the new and refined z2 but not as good obviously, I noticed a difference in louder sound but i wouldn't always have it on loud becuase you could blow the earpiece speaker, also one thing nice is we can use a custom recovery :good:
edit: forgot to answer, yes we can't unlock the bootloader

Bill Idol

Aug 4, 2007
San Francisco
Pretty much, I also flashed the DreamingonMusic mod in the android development section, it allows the earpiece to become a speaker since the earpiece is pretty loud, basically like the new and refined z2 but not as good obviously, I noticed a difference in louder sound but i wouldn't always have it on loud becuase you could blow the earpiece speaker, also one thing nice is we can use a custom recovery :good:

Nice, thanks for the tip on the earpiece speaker thing, still playing with this phone, kinda upset that tmo didn't have the z2. Also upset that this phone is the same size as the LG G3 and yet the LG has a 5.5" screen and we have only a 5". Seems like the Sony has a lot of wasted space. :(

Bill Idol

Aug 4, 2007
San Francisco

Hey boss, let me ask you something, what root method did you use and after you rooted did you put a custom recovery?

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
Hey boss, let me ask you something, what root method did you use and after you rooted did you put a custom recovery?

Yeah the phone is kind of big but hey at least you're not pressing things accidentally but anyways yes I have a custom recovery, dual actually philz touch and twrp here's the link on XDA for root recovery and deodex http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z1/development/root-z1s-4-4-4-t2839990
FYI, once you get the recovery installed, to boot into it, you have to wait for green LED light and double vibrate happens and press either volume up for philz touch and volume down for twrp
NEWS FLASH : I read in a thread in the general forum that we're getting a custom ROM ? based off miui

Bill Idol

Aug 4, 2007
San Francisco
Yeah the phone is kind of big but hey at least you're not pressing things accidentally but anyways yes I have a custom recovery, dual actually philz touch and twrp here's the link on XDA for root recovery and deodex http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z1/development/root-z1s-4-4-4-t2839990
FYI, once you get the recovery installed, to boot into it, you have to wait for green LED light and double vibrate happens and press either volume up for philz touch and volume down for twrp
NEWS FLASH : I read in a thread in the general forum that we're getting a custom ROM ? based off miui

The custom rom based off miui sounds great. But do you have the same model as I do, C6916 with an un lockable bootloader?

Sent from my Moto X using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2