dirtygreek

Nov 18, 2010
Via <[mbm]>:

IMG_20101129_124856.jpg

rckymtnrfc

Nov 11, 2007
Angry Birds!

@dirtygreek

Beautiful! If I had a girlfriend, I'd totally make her give you a BJ!

Angry Birds on NC FTW! LOL

dirtygreek

Nov 18, 2010
@dirtygreek

Beautiful! If I had a girlfriend, I'd totally make her give you a BJ!

Angry Birds on NC FTW! LOL

ahahaha, well, while I might appreciate that (but not my wife)

<[mbm]> did it. I just posted his photo. It looks like a bootable sd card image is right around the corner to allow all of us to do this.

Nov 27, 2010
Well I guess I won't return my NC.
The issues it has when it is plugged in were getting to me.
Like the multiple letters when typing, and the touch screen freaking out and zooming in and out like you have 2 fingers on it.

This gives me a Huge deal of hope!

dirtygreek

Nov 18, 2010
Like the multiple letters when typing, and the touch screen freaking out and zooming in and out like you have 2 fingers on it.

Does it do that to you the whole time it's plugged in? It did it to me once or twice, but only for a few minutes (and is probably fixable with software)

TheDoctor1971

Jul 3, 2008
My mom's NC went ape**** this morning. Display is all garbled and reset didn't fix it. Her's was kinda buggy to begin with. Think she got one with a bad display.

RSchmauk

Mar 30, 2008
Great work!
I'd love to run ACV on NC, and the kindle app too :)
I'm putting my order for a nook color right now!

rutter9

Dec 31, 2007

I would exchange your device maybe. Mine has none of those problems.

quietglow

Nov 28, 2006
Just want to offer some serious congrats. I bought mine yesterday, and have been following along with the progress. Thank you all big time for the work.

Pinesal

Jan 28, 2009
I get off work in four hours. I hope something is released by then, I am pretty excited.

gbutton

Nov 21, 2010
First and foremost: awesome. Effing awesome. I bought the NC with the sole hope that someone would root it, so thanks for that.

Secondly: What's this mean in terms of a "layman's root"? I only ask because I am one of the afore mentioned laymen (I've rooted one phone by copy/pasting a detailed guide), and I'd like to know if I should start getting really stoked now, if I should wait a few days, or if there will ever be a (relatively) simple way to root.

Regardless, a win is a win, and thanks to everyone who made it happen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMG_8539.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8540.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8541.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8542.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8543.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8544.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8545.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8546.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8547.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8548.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8548.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8550.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8551.JPG

<br>

ok guys. this is the underside of the board. i took a ton of pictures. i put my NC bac together. still working as it should :)

hope this little contribution helps. im quite excited for android 2.2 on my nook. this device "feels" very well built, and its really the size i want. now we just need a real andoid experience and ill be one happy nook color owner.

let me know if we need any more photos or close ups, i can borrow a macro lens if wee need photos of something really close up
    Nova: Google nookdevs they have a website that has a step by step guide for windows linux and mac that is a product of this monstrous thread and work done apart from xda. I know this thread is a beast.
    [15:47] <[mbm]> ooh .. a reboot later and I have angry birds
    [15:48] <[mbm]> no xml edit needed
    [15:48] <tenequalstwo> I'm jealous....
    [15:48] <[mbm]> and it runs
    oooooooooooooooooooh!
    IMG_8528.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8529.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8530.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8531.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8532.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8533.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8534.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8535.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8536.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8537.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8538.JPG

<br>
    builing an MLO file ?

pokey and i have reached a consensus and im sure occip agrees although i havent spoken with him about it yet. that weve reached an impass at the moment and will have to wait on b&n to release their source code. from what weve found at the moment to do what we plan without source would require us to stumble down a blind maze and hope to find our way through. hopefully with a little patience b&n will release for the nc the way they did for the original nooks where they give full source including bootloaders, and then itll be easy street for us to either create our own roms or port an existing rom i.e. cyanogenmod.

in the meantime, if everybody could continue just testing whatever they can think of, and continue posting any ideas or what you find here or on #nookdevs we can keep this going as quickly and smoothly as it has went so far!

remember every little bit helps even if you think it may be useless we can still try to use it!!

I don't agree completly with you. We can experiment few things and develop some POCs like ... The MLO must fit in the 64k sram of the omap3621. We can do a lot a things within 64k like initialise the musb and send the emmc content through it. I'm working to customize my MLO file (from igep 020 card which is a very good one !) after success I will able to compile the same file for NC. Now my NC is somewhere between Los Angeles and Europe :) I hope to receive it soon ...

Cheers

Occip