[APP] Membrain Recorder-[R]-04/04/11-[V]-0.9 (BETA)

Search This thread

xosag

Jun 30, 2007
Philadelphia
Name: Membrain Audio Recorder

Description:
Hey guys, this is my first foray into Windows Phone app development. This program originally debuted at the PennApps Mobile competition at the University of Pennsylvania. A lot of people thought it was a very neat concept so my partner and I decided to put it on the marketplace in case anybody finds it useful.

Membrain is a “smart” audio recorder application which only saves what you want it to hear. It offers two main advantages to the competition: the addition of a "set and forget" mode, and the ability to sync your files to your Dropbox account.

Membrain works by taking calibrating to the ambient audio level and only recording when it detects noise above that threshold. It’s perfect for times when you don’t have the ability to repeatedly press the stop and record button. For example, just set it before you go to bed, place your phone next to your bed, and listen to anything you said in your sleep the next morning!

Even better: if you ever need to move these recordings from off your phone, Dropbox integration is provided for uploading your recordings.

To use it, simply press the "listen" button (the ear) and let the program calibrate to the current noise level. Then, press the listen button again and you're good to go. There will be a red circle next to the volume bar if the noise level goes above the threshold to indicate that the app is currently recording. Hit stop when you want the listening to end. If you upload a file and don't find it in your dropbox account folder, try pressing the button again (we're currently working to track down why this happens).

KNV5V.png
yXZ48.png

Source:http://wmpoweruser.com/membrain-the-smart-audio-recorder/

Download: Get it from the Zune Marketplace here.

Reactions: orb3000

xosag

Jun 30, 2007
Philadelphia
When I open the Zune Desktop,your app description comes up but no download link.

Thanks for the heads up bennyj71. The link was working last night but it seems like there's something going on with our app listing in the marketplace. I'm going to see if I can fix it, but in the meantime, if you search "membrain app" on your phone, it should be the first result that comes up.

xosag

Jun 30, 2007
Philadelphia
I got it. Tried the app last night. Doesn't seem to work under lock screen though.

Thanks for the feedback benny. I just tested the app and unfortunately I can't seem to reproduce your issue. If it's not too much trouble, could you describe how you noticed the recording under the lock screen wasn't working, and what kind of phone do you have?

Thank you! :)

bennyj71

Feb 23, 2008
New Orleans
Thanks for the feedback benny. I just tested the app and unfortunately I can't seem to reproduce your issue. If it's not too much trouble, could you describe how you noticed the recording under the lock screen wasn't working, and what kind of phone do you have?

Thank you! :)

I started recording. The screen timed out. I kept talking. Once I finished I turned on the screen. When I replayed the recording, nothing I said when the screen timed out was recorded. I've tried three other recording apps. They had this issue as well, it was fixed in various updates.

xosag

Jun 30, 2007
Philadelphia
I started recording. The screen timed out. I kept talking. Once I finished I turned on the screen. When I replayed the recording, nothing I said when the screen timed out was recorded. I've tried three other recording apps. They had this issue as well, it was fixed in various updates.

Thanks so much for the info! Yep, I had the exact same issue when I let the screen timeout. In addition to fixing the dropbox indicator, I'll tackle this problem for the next update. In the meantime, if you manually hit the "lock screen" button, the recorder should stay active.

(PS: Sorry for the late response, was at a hackathon this weekend and didn't have much time to check the boards.)

Smoothound

Sep 24, 2008
Downloaded this yesterday. Recorded fine, but can't upload to DropBox. The app says it's logged in to DropBox OK. When uploading, the progress bar flashes up very briefly and nothing appears in DropBox. Checked in the DropBox site and Membrain is appearing as a fully authorised app. Any ideas?!?!

Could do with getting this file off the phone somehow :s

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Name: Membrain Audio Recorder

Description:
    Hey guys, this is my first foray into Windows Phone app development. This program originally debuted at the PennApps Mobile competition at the University of Pennsylvania. A lot of people thought it was a very neat concept so my partner and I decided to put it on the marketplace in case anybody finds it useful.

Membrain is a “smart” audio recorder application which only saves what you want it to hear. It offers two main advantages to the competition: the addition of a "set and forget" mode, and the ability to sync your files to your Dropbox account.

Membrain works by taking calibrating to the ambient audio level and only recording when it detects noise above that threshold. It’s perfect for times when you don’t have the ability to repeatedly press the stop and record button. For example, just set it before you go to bed, place your phone next to your bed, and listen to anything you said in your sleep the next morning!

Even better: if you ever need to move these recordings from off your phone, Dropbox integration is provided for uploading your recordings.

To use it, simply press the "listen" button (the ear) and let the program calibrate to the current noise level. Then, press the listen button again and you're good to go. There will be a red circle next to the volume bar if the noise level goes above the threshold to indicate that the app is currently recording. Hit stop when you want the listening to end. If you upload a file and don't find it in your dropbox account folder, try pressing the button again (we're currently working to track down why this happens).

KNV5V.png
    yXZ48.png

Source:http://wmpoweruser.com/membrain-the-smart-audio-recorder/

Download: Get it from the Zune Marketplace here.