Rooting N900A MJ5 - CSC File?

Search This thread

Gonzoyola

Feb 8, 2014
Hello, I hope I am posting in the right place and within guidelines. I recently purchased the Note 3 and am looking to break into the world of rooting. I was following the URDLV guide when I reached the step of having to obtain the AP and CSC tar files. I tried to located the n900a csc, but all I have been able to find is a package containting the AP and CP files, a BL file, and PIT file. I don't know if one of these are supposed to subsitute for a csc but I assumed not and didnt want to take any chances.

So as it stands I am sitting here wondering what I can do. Do I have to wait for some official release of the firmware? the only one on the samsung mobile site is mi9 (which I of course didnt realize until paying for a terafile subscription to download it) or is there N900A MJ5 files floating around and I just cant find them?

If anyone can offer me some insight, I would greatly appreciate it.

billa

Mar 30, 2006
Hello, I hope I am posting in the right place and within guidelines. I recently purchased the Note 3 and am looking to break into the world of rooting. I was following the URDLV guide when I reached the step of having to obtain the AP and CSC tar files. I tried to located the n900a csc, but all I have been able to find is a package containting the AP and CP files, a BL file, and PIT file. I don't know if one of these are supposed to subsitute for a csc but I assumed not and didnt want to take any chances.

So as it stands I am sitting here wondering what I can do. Do I have to wait for some official release of the firmware? the only one on the samsung mobile site is mi9 (which I of course didnt realize until paying for a terafile subscription to download it) or is there N900A MJ5 files floating around and I just cant find them?

It depends from the current firmware on your device, URDLV root doesn't work on the new NC2 update, nor can you downgrade from that version.
Wait and keep reading the relevant threads for any new development.

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

This one is the International Note 3 forum.

You should focus on the specific AT&T Note 3 forum:

http://xdaforums.com/note-3-att

Just for reference - other Note 3 forums:

http://xdaforums.com/note-3-sprint

http://xdaforums.com/verizon-galaxy-note-3

http://xdaforums.com/note-3-tmobile

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa

1. According to the 'Firmware Browser...' (see attached screenshot below), atm there is only BMI9 for N900A model.

2. MI9 is good for you to URDLV without tripping Knox. As URDLV works only with the firmware below MJ3. So MI9 is ok, MJ5 may NOT work with URDLV.

So you better download MI9 firmware and go ahead.
(link is also given in the 'Firmware Browser')

Attachments

• 2014-05-15-08-27-38.jpg
    2014-05-15-08-27-38.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 80
Last edited: