lokiwiz - HTC Wizard Unlocker UPDATE Version 0.2b

Did lokiwiz work for you?

• Total voters
Search This thread

machinagod

Nov 15, 2005
Hello to all.

First:
I will NOT be held responsible for any problems caused by this tool.

I'm releasing the 0.1 version of the Wizard Unlocker. It's similar to the imei-check.co.uk unlocker (it patches the same bit), however it doesn't cost you £20 per bit :wink: .

Version 0.2: New CID unlocking abitity
Credits for the 0.2 version go to SPV-Developers, namely: itsme, Arc and Arisme...

Version 0.2a: CID unlocking abitity FIXED
Credits for the 0.2a version go to Chan, who took care of the errors I managed to punch in the script when I packed it the first time... Thanks!

Now version 0.2b: Sim Lock abitity FIXED
Credits for the 0.2b version go to kpcomp, who found the missing GOTO End instruction after a SIM Lock... Thanks!

I can't stress enough that this work is heavily base upon the itsme tools, so my thanks to him. Also, spv-developers and xda-developers boards were an invaluable resource.

I would also like to thank all the people that supplied their phone info in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=33479

Ok, now the instructions...

1 - Unzip lokiwiz.zip to somewhere in your computer
2 - Copy EnableRapi.cab to your Wizard
3 - Execute the EnableRapi.cab in your phone. Wait for it to finish
4 - Guarantee that your phone is connected via activesync with the computer
5 - Execute lokiwiz.bat (on your computer! My inbox is filled with this kind of error) and follow the instructions on your screen...

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q - Will it hard-reset my device?
A - No. It will do a soft reset at the end of the process for applying the changes

Q - I locked my device and now it shows only the SIM Lock window
A - Get your phone showing the SIMLock window. Connect it via activesync. Use the tool to unlock your phone.

Q - Why does a r2sd backup doesn't mantain the unlocking info?
A - r2sd makes a backup of the rom. The unlocking info is stored in the Disk-on-chip, a different memory space altogether.

Q - How about the CID unlock tool? (for using any type of roms)
A - Integrated on Version 0.2.

Q - I'm having problems with Unlocker not connecting to the phone
A - Disable all kinds of Antivirus, Firewalls and similar applications before running Lokiwiz.

Bye to all,
Ricardo Afonso
afonso (dot) ricardo (at) gmail (dot) com

Attachments

• lokiwiz.zip
    765.9 KB · Views: 53,871
  • lokiwiz02.zip
    826.1 KB · Views: 36,852
  • lokiwiz02_173.zip
    826.1 KB · Views: 36,263
  • lokiwiz02b.zip
    826.1 KB · Views: 236,862

joeprh

Nov 25, 2005
Wow cool! Great job! 8)

i'm gonna try this out and let you know if it worked on my phone.

Anybody want to try before me? ;-)

machinagod

Nov 15, 2005
Utils are part of the itsutils... they are used by the unlocking tool.

You can find more info about the its tools in the xda wiki...

Bye,
Ricardo Afonso

surinamer123

Nov 15, 2005
will this work an an MDA PRO

Hi,

thanks you are a real machinegod ;) !!!

but the problem and the main question is now........will this work on my MDA PRO of T-Mobile (Qtek 9000) with an T-Mobile Simlock.......!!!!

Please let me know if i can try? Because if it dont work i maybe crash/hamr my device.....Please help us......their are a lot of people who needs an sim unlocker for the MDA PRO and de Orange M5000 asap!

If i can help you with information etc. please let me know.......and if this will work also please let us know

Ok thanks!

Reaper

Nov 1, 2005
Amsterdam
Great tool

Before I try, will this also work if your phone is connected via bluetooth- activesync?(i ask because, activesync with the usb cable does not work for me, and crashes my pc) I will wait for a response before trying, just to be on the safe side :D

Thnx again!

machinagod

Nov 15, 2005
Hi,

MDA Pro will not work with this unlocker. It has a different architecture. While Wizard is very similar to a Typhoon Smartphone, Universal is something different.

I would not recomend to try it in a Universal, although it should do anything bad...

Bye,
Ricardo Afonso

machinagod

Nov 15, 2005
Reaper said:
Great tool

Before I try, will this also work if your phone is connected via bluetooth- activesync? I will wait for a response before trying, just to be on the safe side :D

Thnx again!

It should... but do you really want to put your radio CID on the line? (Yes, I don't trust bluetooth a bit...)

Bye now,
Ricardo Afonso

_Belial

Nov 21, 2005
I'm still waiting for a few "success" posts before I try it on my vario, but wondered, does this do everything that imei-check does, i.e does it SIM unlock your phone as well as unlock the bootloader?

Thanks

joeprh

Nov 25, 2005
I can confirm that it works! tried it a few minutes ago!!! 8) Now i can use my t-mobile sim in my m3000!

Thank you!! you're great!

surinamer123

Nov 15, 2005
hmmm

but if i try this at my MDA PRO.....is this possible?

i mean if it not works is it possible that it harms my device......

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    T-Mob MDA Compact II - UNLOCKED!

As the title suggests, worked perfectly on my T-Mob MDA Compact II (Charmer). I now have an Orange sim working fine.

My thanks go out to the Developers ;-)
    8125 Cingular Unlock

Hi,

Where can I download / find this lovely unlocking file?

Thanks!
    Please help , i dont understand whot i do wrong?
    Unlock after hard reset

Do I have to run the unlocking wizard again after a hard reset or does the device stay SIM unlocked?