[Official] Augen Gentouch78 Rooting and Development [Working Android Market!]

Search This thread

Asadullah

Aug 24, 2010
casselberry
i just rooted this augen gentouch for a friend and now i am stuck in bootloops. and ideas on what to do? during reboot it does still have access to adb.

i did not have clockwork installed yet, it was net on my todo list

Before your friend kicks your butt or makes you buy him another (or both), You should try to flash the recovery.img then boot into recovery wipe and install a rom.

demon_by

Nov 19, 2010
Minsk
I do it!!!
I have installed clockworkmod recovery on my GPAD G10, with really working navigation buttons.
What I do:
I have extracted kernel from bootimage and move it to recoveryimage (for m701), and so I have working buttons on GPAD G10.
to get bootimage open cmdconsole in windows and type
adb root
adb remount
adb shell
# su
# cat /dev/mtd/mtd0 > /sdcard/boot.img

Then I extract kernel from boot.img with this instruction http : //android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=HOWTO:_Unpack%2C_Edit%2C_and_Re-Pack_Boot_Images

Then split recoveryM701 image to kernel and ramdisk with split_bootimg.pl.
Then I add recovery ramdisk to kernel from boot with mkbootimg.
Then I change next bytes in hex editor
0x0f 10h --> 40h
0x17 11h --> 41h
0x1f 10h --> 40h
0x23 10h --> 40h
0x25 08h --> 10h
add 00h 2048 times before [0x800 d3 fo ...] so that [d3 fo ...] starting at adress 0x1000
And now reflash recovery.
after reboot recovery I wait for a minute, while all three buttons be able to work.

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH.

Attachments

• recovery_GPAD_G10.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 190
  • flash_image.zip
    12.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
I made some ClockworkMod Recovery images.
http://teamtelechips.naobsd.org/experimental/

of course please use carefully. no warranty.

D7: DAWA D7, iMiTO iM7, Augen GenTouch78, Smartbook Surfer
M1001: Haipad M1001
M701: Haipad M701(-HDMI/R), Pandawill G10(former model)
NanoPad: iNet NanoPad, Cherrypal CherryPad
P7: Phecda P7
X5A-G: X5A with Gsensor(later model), Pandawill G11(later model)
X5A: X5A without Gsensor(former model), Pandawill G11(former model)

xboxhacker

Aug 10, 2009
http://teamtelechips.naobsd.org/experimental/

Thank you for your hard work in getting 2.2 and recovery's to these chi-pads :)

tomwsmf

Nov 11, 2010

I have an Augen Gentouch78 and want to thank you for your work on this. One question...after getting nandroid to restore the proper files it booted up into the new system great ......but the touchscreen was not working at all. The hard buttons worked.

I did a data and cache wipe again just to make sure that was not the issue..still no touch screen.

Did I goof up somewhere? Thanks for any advice....

-tomwsmf

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
I have an Augen Gentouch78 and want to thank you for your work on this. One question...after getting nandroid to restore the proper files it booted up into the new system great ......but the touchscreen was not working at all. The hard buttons worked.

"restore the proper files"... you are talking about CyanogenMod(froyo), right?

touchscreen doesn't work yet. see
http://www.slatedroid.com/showthread.php?t=11542

I want to know something will be changed with newer kernel. (but I think no...)

I don't have D7/GT78. it is very difficult to solve problem without device.

miraclemaker

Oct 22, 2010
I read on one of the other threads that you have to backup the touchscreen config and then restore after upgrading to froyo to get teh touchscreen to work. Has anyone tried this?

bL33d

Mar 6, 2008
Illinois
Just got one of these off Amazon. Has auto rotation out of the box and I rooted it with z4 but can't for the life of me get clockwork flashed on this thing. :(

Tried adb and terminal emulator to no avail. Not sure if I have flashimage on it though.
Where can I get it and how do u get it on the device...

ZekeD

May 10, 2008

So it may have just been too long for me to remember doing it right, but I downloaded the D7 (20101201) and flashed it with ADB. But nothing changed except the pre-boot animation. It still boot up as 2.1, is this not a 2.2 update? The touchscreen worked as well, so I assume it's not (or I just did it wrong).

Thanks!
-Zeke

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
So it may have just been too long for me to remember doing it right, but I downloaded the D7 (20101201) and flashed it with ADB. But nothing changed except the pre-boot animation. It still boot up as 2.1, is this not a 2.2 update? The touchscreen worked as well, so I assume it's not (or I just did it wrong).

please clarify
1. which do you want, ClockworkMod Recovery or CyanogenMod?
CyanogenMod thread is here
2. what did you do?
too difficult to understand from "flashed it with ADB".

boxjuice

Dec 4, 2010
Need newer build...

Hey guys.. I have an issue that I think the pros here at xda can help with.

I bought this tablet on Black Friday (actually 3 of them), and received them a few days ago. My version of the tablet came with a 3-axis accelerometer and a standard 3.5mm headphone jack. The build version is eng.king.20100915.221729. After toying with one, I decided to keep it and give the other 2 away as christmas gifts. Of course the first thing I did was root it, but without doing any research, I simply used Lincs rooted v3 patch. Unfortunately, this patch uses build eng.king.20100822.143725, which is obviously from 8/22/2010 and older than what I already had. After flashing, my accelerometer became disabled.

What I want to do now is go back to the build I originally had -- which the other 2 tablets still have. Is there a way to take the build from 1 of the other tablets and transfer it to mine? Or does someone know where I can find one of these newer builds? I know that there is actually a newer build than 9/15.. there's a 10/01 build as reported by someone at androidtablets.com... and I suspect that would be fine for my tablet as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I will do whatever I can to assist!!

ZekeD

May 10, 2008
please clarify
1. which do you want, ClockworkMod Recovery or CyanogenMod?
CyanogenMod thread is
2. what did you do?
too difficult to understand from "flashed it with ADB".

Oooh, that explains why it didn't work. I thought it was one thing and it was another. Thanks.

boxjuice

Dec 4, 2010
Almost there...

Well, since my last post, I found how to create a system.img, boot.img and recovery.img from one of the other tablets running a newer build. I flashed boot.img and recovery.img successfully, and verified that the tablet boots up fine. So far so good... until the last step. Upon trying to flash system.img, I get the following error:
Code:
c:\os>fastboot flash system system.img
sending 'system' (153600 KB)... FAILED (remote: data too large)
I searched around and saw a very vague directive to update from the sdcard, but I don't know exactly how that would work. I tried moving system.img into update_intson_android.zip and trying to apply the update from recovery, but it failed.

So, are there any solutions to this problem? I'm so close...

boxjuice

Dec 4, 2010
Well I figured out how to get Clockwork Recovery installed, and then figured out how to install from a zip file. The update was successful, but unfortunately it hangs during boot, on the screen with the little bird thing in the top-left corner.

So am I wrong in thinking that a system.img taken from one tablet might have some information in it that is specific to that tablet, and thus it cannot be used on another tablet? That's the only conclusion I can come to, as I think I've done everything else correctly.

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
Well I figured out how to get Clockwork Recovery installed, and then figured out how to install from a zip file. The update was successful, but unfortunately it hangs during boot, on the screen with the little bird thing in the top-left corner.

So am I wrong in thinking that a system.img taken from one tablet might have some information in it that is specific to that tablet, and thus it cannot be used on another tablet? That's the only conclusion I can come to, as I think I've done everything else correctly.

what procedure did you do to make your system.img?
1. cat /dev/mtd/mtdXro > /sdcard/system.img
2. backup by nandroid(clockworkmod recovery)
3. unzip FIRMWARE_FOR_ANOTHER_MODEL.zip
all of three generate/use different format system.img.

boxjuice

Dec 4, 2010
what procedure did you do to make your system.img?
1. cat /dev/mtd/mtdXro > /sdcard/system.img
2. backup by nandroid(clockworkmod recovery)
3. unzip FIRMWARE_FOR_ANOTHER_MODEL.zip
all of three generate/use different format system.img.

Well I got tired of trying and returned the model, since I saw that the Huawei is much better (but has no multi-touch :(), and honestly I've been thinking more and more about getting an iPad (the Galaxy Tab is just too overpriced for the screen size, as compared to the WiFi-only iPad).

But to answer your question, I was using adb pull /dev/mtd/mtd2 system.img, and I also tried cat /dev/mtd/mtd2 > /sdcard/system.img just to see if there would be a difference. I used adb pull for boot.img and recovery.img also, and those flashed fine.

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
But to answer your question, I was using adb pull /dev/mtd/mtd2 system.img, and I also tried cat /dev/mtd/mtd2 > /sdcard/system.img just to see if there would be a difference.

this is why fastboot/recovery didn't work. pull/cat system partition generates unusable file because it is yaffs2 filesystem.

hoetel4dawgs

Feb 6, 2010
Just got one of these off Amazon. Has auto rotation out of the box and I rooted it with z4 but can't for the life of me get clockwork flashed on this thing. :(

Tried adb and terminal emulator to no avail. Not sure if I have flashimage on it though.
Where can I get it and how do u get it on the device...

I have the exact same isuue...got mine last week and was able to root but cannot get clockwork recovery to work

Android Version 2.1 Update 1
Kernel version is
hengai@liv-and-ser #214

Build number is
telechips_tcc8900_multi-end 2.1 update 1 ECLAIR eng.hengai.20101001.162734 test-keys

Last edited:

keijames

Nov 14, 2010
Hong Kong
Sorry, if me being repeat asking same question.

My device is :

Apad iRobot Telechip TCC8902 7" Android 2.1 Tablet PC 4GB a.k.a Haipad M701

Apad telechip TCC8902 packs a Telechip CPU clocked at 720MHz and based on the ARM11 core,
NOT ARM9-based 600MHz Rockchip RK2808.
The CPU also includes a DSP co-processor and 3D graphics acceleration with support for 1080p full HD video.

http://www.shenit.com/apad-irobot-telechip-tcc8902-7-android-2-1-tablet-pc.html

Just want to making sure sure before move on.

Does this custom ROM works ?

many thanks

James

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How can I power this thing on the go?
    Stupid question, I've got the market working also, but see the same only 300 or so apps. You mention getting a different vending.apk, can you tell me where you got yours, and how can I tell what version I have?

Thanks in advance.

i'll attach the vending.apk I pulled from the other site, also i've done the market unlock for 2.0 listed on the wiki thread. The only other thing i've noticed is that you dont have the option to scroll down in portrait mode, only landscape.
    Gentouchpad, I've got a wifi advanced config editor that will get you on WEP if you're still interested. I mean... we've been working awefully hard to get it working for you...

goodintentions.... what can I say? once WEP and then WPA did not work I was already in the weeds with ethernet cables and laptops laying around, had to flash firmware as a last resort. you know what they say, once you go WPA you never go back.
    Thanks though. I recall numerous others stuck with WEP who are having trouble as well.
    :)
    Did both updates following linckracker's instructions. No problems at all.

Thanks linc!
    dude seriously are you a complete ****ing retard?
    the GT78 does NOT have a stylus, never came with one and doesnt even have aslot to slide a stylus in it.....

now who won the rude and stupid award you looser.

yeah, you a little stupid. its got a stylus, just like pretty much everything else with a resistive touch screen..., and yes this device still does have some promise if some big names would start working on it. but i guess im gonna take mine back and get a rocktab