Insufficient storage space when installing apps

Search This thread

Kjricker

Apr 14, 2011
Knoxville
This is driving me crazy. I keep have storage space issue when trying to install certain apps. Currently I am trying to install Mapfactor. I had it installed previously and just removed it. Now it says I do not have enough space to install it. Storage says I have ~650 mb free. Why can I not install a 9mb app? I have cleared my cache and dalvik and still I get insufficient storage space. I've attached a screenshot of my storage settings.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-04-21-06-12.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-04-21-06-12.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Kjricker

Apr 14, 2011
Knoxville
I was just able to install a different app that was 40mb. But, I still can not install the Mapfactor app again. WTF!?

Kjricker

Apr 14, 2011
Knoxville
So I dug deep and found a Mapfactor file still in /data/app-lib/. Once I deleted that file I was able to reinstall the app.

Kjricker

Apr 14, 2011
Knoxville
Since my discovery above, I check the /data/app-lib folder if I have any issues installing apps. I had this happen on a couple other apps and each time they had data in that folder. Once I removed that data, the app installs perfectly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been having similar issues trying to install apps . I think my data is corrupted with the EMMC BUG

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app