|MODEM| t889v

Search This thread

Deliximus

Jan 22, 2010
t889v modem cause my t889v to go into bootloop. I am not the only member to go through this.

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

is their own Odin flash version of this available please?

verifiedsub

Mar 3, 2012
Cambridge
t889v modem cause my t889v to go into bootloop. I am not the only member to go through this.

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

is their own Odin flash version of this available please?

No reboot first do what you need to then go back to recovery after your system has had time to register all files. If you dont you run the risk of bootloops.

^^^^ this is a post I posted a few days back. If you are running the t889v canadian version you should not be getting bootloops if you follow instructions properly.
you should be checking the thread to see if your problem was already answered.
you need to reboot let the system recognise all files then reboot into recovery. If your flashing to a rom already installed you need to wipe devlack cache.
Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium HD app

Deliximus

Jan 22, 2010
No reboot first do what you need to then go back to recovery after your system has had time to register all files. If you dont you run the risk of bootloops.

^^^^ this is a post I posted a few days back. If you are running the t889v canadian version you should not be getting bootloops if you follow instructions properly.
you should be checking the thread to see if your problem was already answered.
you need to reboot let the system recognise all files then reboot into recovery. If your flashing to a rom already installed you need to wipe devlack cache.
Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium HD app

I will try it again.

verifiedsub

Mar 3, 2012
Cambridge
I will try it again.

It should work bro with no problems. The only people in this thread who have had bootloops are t mobile customers flashing this modem on their phones. I havent seen any canadians having this problem with this modem. I do apologise that your having the issues hopefully it gets resolved with a clean install.

Sent from my NOTE 2! On 》Jedi X3 《 using Xda Premium HD! thanks to the amazing work of Ptmr3!!!

Deliximus

Jan 22, 2010
It should work bro with no problems. The only people in this thread who have had bootloops are t mobile customers flashing this modem on their phones. I havent seen any canadians having this problem with this modem. I do apologise that your having the issues hopefully it gets resolved with a clean install.

Sent from my NOTE 2! On 》Jedi X3 《 using Xda Premium HD! thanks to the amazing work of Ptmr3!!!

The problem is not really about the T889v modem. it's the counter flash reset. i can work with the t889 modem. Just never happened like this with my gs2, note 1 and gs3. crazy.

Triangle away gives "could not locate hidden partition. Are you not running ICS?" message with t889v rooted stock files flashed via CWM and/or from odin. Must be on t889 to work with TA.

Last edited:

verifiedsub

Mar 3, 2012
Cambridge
The problem is not really about the T889v modem. it's the counter flash reset. i can work with the t889 modem. Just never happened like this with my gs2, note 1 and gs3. crazy.

Triangle away gives "could not locate hidden partition. Are you not running ICS?" message with t889v rooted stock files flashed via CWM and/or from odin. Must be on t889 to work with TA.

Im on TW. Not a fan of ICS

verifiedsub

Mar 3, 2012
Cambridge
I believe you have mistaken my comment. The "ICS" part was in quotations for the error message TA gives me when i try to use it with the t889v stock rom.

Ohhhhh haha. Sorry bro that was a complete stoner moment. Lol I think your best bet would be to PM ptrm3 and see if he can help you with your issues..

TEKHD

Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Scout
For those with bootloops after flashing a modem

I just wanted to post this in order to help a few lonely souls out there with bootloops after flashing a modem and unable to access recovery (TWRP or CWM) and not even able to flash in ODIN... (as it happened to me, lol)

If you are in bootloops...

Flash this CWM from the N7100 Forum... (Flash it thru ODIN)

and you will then be able to access recovery (by pressing and keep holding volume up + home button as soon as it restarts) and restore/flash older working modem in order to solve the issue... and unbrick the Note 2

hope this help some of you guys...

Just click thanks! lol

Attachments

• cwm6-recovery-n7100-121014.tar
    7.4 MB · Views: 44
  • Odin3_v3.04.zip
    456.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Cheunk

Nov 8, 2010
I just wanted to post this in order to help a few lonely souls out there with bootloops after flashing a modem and unable to access recovery (TWRP or CWM) and not even able to flash in ODIN... (as it happened to me, lol)

If you are in bootloops...

Flash this CWM from the N7100 Forum... (Flash it thru ODIN)

and you will then be able to access recovery (by pressing and keep holding volume up + home button as soon as it restarts) and restore/flash older working modem in order to solve the issue... and unbrick the Note 2

hope this help some of you guys...

Just click thanks! lol

I believe he can access CWM or TWRP. The problem is (also my problem) he cannot flash his original t889v modem without it going into boot loop. The only way for him not to boot loop is his installing a tmobile modem which he has to do from CWM or TWRP. He wishes to keep his counter to zero he doesn't want to install cwm or twrp as it will increase his counter.

solat

Jul 24, 2012
flashed it and went into reboot loop, did everyything installed rom used it for 3 days, then wiped dalvick cache and flashed the rom, went to the reboot loop, rom i flashed was jedi 4X

MCRHAZ

Nov 2, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Has this issue been fixed yet? And I havent rooted/flashed any roms yet can I extract the modem and then simply flash it ontop later? Or unpack the rom ans replace it from the start?

Darkshado

Apr 16, 2011
Montréal
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Nexus 6
I'm not aware of anyone fixing the T889V LJ4 modem-related bootloops.

My T889V still works with the I317M LJ2 modem (I did have to repair my IMEI) which is OK in my current situation (I'm on VMC and got the T889V because: I also use T-Mobile USA sometimes, it was available for cheaper than the I317M).

I however doubt that HSPA AWS would work in this configuration, which does little good for Videotron, Mobilicity, Wind and T-Mobile USA users.

MCRHAZ, since you haven't touched your GN2 yet, could you look at this thread and attach a full NV T889V stock NV backup? Don't forget to remove your IMEI from the output text file. (That'd be item 550)

Last edited:

MCRHAZ

Nov 2, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm not aware of anyone fixing the T889V LJ4 modem-related bootloops.

My T889V still works with the I317M LJ2 modem (I did have to repair my IMEI) which is OK in my current situation (I'm on VMC and got the T889V because: I also use T-Mobile USA sometimes, it was available for cheaper than the I317M).

I however doubt that HSPA AWS would work in this configuration, which does little good for Videotron, Mobilicity, Wind and T-Mobile USA users.

MCRHAZ, since you haven't touched your GN2 yet, could you look at this thread and attach a full NV T889V stock NV backup? Don't forget to remove your IMEI from the output text file. (That'd be item 550)
okay I will do that...I'm just waiting for my exams to be done and over with so I could finally look more into these things with the intent of doing it then and not later on lol.

MCRHAZ

Nov 2, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
So my exams are done by the 16th, hopefully I can be of help after that date, but I want to know what good that would do, by uploading the stock rom, if its possible. What I mean is what purpose would that serve? for people to flash back to stock? or for modem extraction? or to use as a base? or all of the above. If it's such an important thing than how come no one thought to do this before? or if they did what stopped them from doing it?

ptmr3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2012
Aurora
Not sure what the problem is here guys. The modem is tesred abd verified (by verifiedsub) to be more than functional on t889v. If you have issues you must have done something wrong lol

》Jedi ROMs 《

Darkshado

Apr 16, 2011
Montréal
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Nexus 6
There's no huge rush as far as I am concerned, my phone works quite well with the 317M modem in the meantime and I don't need AWS HSPA for the foreseeable future.

We already have the stock ROM and modem on hand.

The backup I'm talking about is going to be a 3MB or so .txt file. The NV items (NV as in non-volatile, afaik) are a database of sorts for modem settings, not unlike the Windows registry. It's a Qualcomm thing and they've been using them for many, many years. Most settings are not readily editable other than with specialized, leaked software: QPST and QXDM. The thread I've linked has a freeware tool to do it instead.

As far as not having thought of doing it before: a lot of people (myself included) thought that just copying the /efs partition was enough to recover the IMEI on this device. I had done this before modifying anything on mine. It's not. Misleadingly, it is adequate on many other recent, non-LTE Samsung phones (incl. GT-I9300 and GT-N7100) that use Samsung's RIL and have no Qualcomm radio hardware.

Another poster (deeznutz1977) kindly sent me his backup the other day, but his device is a T-Mobile T889 which may have some differences compared to the T889V. This is what I'm trying to check with your backup (or anyone's who'd beat you to the punch, really).

My working assumption is that restoring those NV settings might enable re-flashing the stock 889V modem and solve the bootloop problem a few posters have encountered.

MCRHAZ

Nov 2, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Not sure what the problem is here guys. The modem is tesred abd verified (by verifiedsub) to be more than functional on t889v. If you have issues you must have done something wrong lol

》Jedi ROMs 《
You may well be right. However, there may be truth in peoples claim for the reason that, this modem may be from a MCT rom or for the MCT variant. I say this because people reported that they were not able to flash the MCT stock rom onto their Wind Mobile phones, it resulted in a bootloop. I was always under the impression that MCT and wind where the same devices and thus firmware would be exactly the same but I guess its not. Therefore the modem you kindly posted was for the MCT variant devices and not wind mobile ones. I could be totally wrong, as I have little to no knowledge on these things, just trying to bring light as to why this modem is bringing havoc upon some wind mobile variant devices.

ptmr3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2012
Aurora
The firmware released for the 889v is universal for any carrier 889v variant and came injected with several carrier files. Meaning they all use the same modem

》Jedi ROMs 《

MCRHAZ

Nov 2, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The firmware released for the 889v is universal for any carrier 889v variant and came injected with several carrier files. Meaning they all use the same modem

》Jedi ROMs 《
okay, thank you for reply. I have another question though, is there a way i can just extract the modem from my phone (unrooted stock)? And use it to flash it compounded with your MW rom? Just to be one the safe side.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Canadian T889V

Many people have mentioned bad reception/ service/ speed while using some of the tmobile ROMs on the board. This will fix that.

ONLY FLASH THIS TO INCREASE SPEED IN THE 888V. IF YOU ARE ON TMOBILE STAY AWAY FROM THAT LINK
    Download
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sus8dkjs4aae26l

Thank You verifiedsub for testing, verifying the fix and the mirror
    Added to the OP. If you dont have tge 889V, dont flash the 889V modem
    Link in OP no longer works... any mirror?

Give me a few and ill provide link till op is updated.. ptmr is just chillaxin for the moment he will be back to cooking in the next few days..

**EDIT** here u go bro.. till ptmr3 updates op.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sus8dkjs4aae26l

Sent from my T889v Note2 On 》Jedi X《 using Xda Premium HD! thanks to the amazing work of Ptmr3!!!
    Help used this on tmo usa getting boot loop help

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium
    I've got a windmobile T889V note 2.
    I am now on virgin mobile which offers LTE.
    I know the tmobile modem offers LTE now.
    I am also aware that it can corrupt IMEI and put me in a boot loop if I flash a tmobile modem.

But, is it 100% that it will do this, or just a chance?
    If it does, can I flash the modem back? Or do something to recover?

And if it will do this error 100%, what can I do, short of buying an at&t model, to enable LTE on this Windmobile T889V note 2?

thank you.

DO NOT INSTALL ANY MODEMS ON A WIND MOBILE PHONE. PERIOD.. IF YOU DO YOU WILL CURRUPT IMEI 100%.there is no fix for us with wind phones I had to send mine to the states to Jtag repairs for it to get fixed.. I tried everything to fix the imei.. but none of the solutions that work for other models of the phone would work for out t889v models.. please do not install any modems on your phone or your phone will be an expensive paperweight. .

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2