Help! How to install Android on my Touch Pro 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Samich2007

Mar 23, 2009
== MOD EDIT ==
please check stickY
== END EDIT ==

Hi there,

First of all! Great forum! You guys have build a great community and I like it. But I hope you can help me with this. i know there are a lot of threads about this, but because all the different type of phones/android versions ect... I don't know what to do...

My question, how can I get Adroid running on my HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium). I have the standart version, so not a branded one.

I've tried to install it but android won't launch. Maby one of you could create a mini tutorial or a noob tutorial, because I think there are more people like me (with less knowedge of phone tech) who want to run android on their phones. I hope you could help me! :)

Thanks!
Kind Regards,
Sami

Last edited by a moderator:

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=627997

Rhodium XDAndroid Rebuild .CAB WWE(02/24):
Please download the appropriate .cab for your device!

Rhodium/Touch Pro 2 Android .cab:
Rhod210 Download

Tilt2 Android .cab:

Tilt2 Download

NEW: Rhod100 fr/uk/de Android .cab:

Rhod100 Download

Instructions for .cab:
Cab is only WWE for the moment. If you still want to try this build skip down to the .rar for any other language. :)
If you are installing this over an old version of android, and you do not format your SD card, make sure that you at least delete data.img file from your SD card!
  1. Copy to SD card
  2. Install: This .cab does install directly to your SD card.
  3. Soft Reset your handset
  4. Run Haret from start menu and enjoy!
how could it be simpler?
I have the standart version, so not a branded one.

so download the rhod100 and run it.

lhwparis

Jan 9, 2008
i dont know why posts like this are started. its so easy to use this perfect cab file! nothing else to do. if people would read just 10 minutes in other threads all questions should be answered...

Samich2007

Mar 23, 2009
how could it be simpler?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samich2007 View Post
I have the standart version, so not a branded one.
so download the rhod100 and run it.

Hi Thanks :) I've used that thread but used the wrong cab. Didn't know that rhod100 is the standart version ;)

Thank you! It works now, but is it a known problem that you cant fill in the correct code (PIN code for your SIM?).
And second I can't charge my battery with the usb cable is this also a known problem?

Regards!
Sami

Reefermattness

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 27, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
Hi Thanks :) I've used that thread but used the wrong cab. Didn't know that rhod100 is the standart version ;)

Thank you! It works now, but is it a known problem that you cant fill in the correct code (PIN code for your SIM?).
And second I can't charge my battery with the usb cable is this also a known problem?

Regards!
Sami

Disable your pin in WinMo as stated in my release notes.

lhwparis

Jan 9, 2008

Regards!
Sami

as mentioned above
read the XXXX manual before posting...

edit:
ok Reefermattness was faster again;)

Mod Edit: Keep language clean juniors use XDA, also sometimes best to say nothing........

Last edited by a moderator:

Samich2007

Mar 23, 2009
Oké thanks :) :p
Works, xD I will read better next time,

And is there a version from android that can enable the wifi on the touch pro 2?

El_Capitan2

Oct 21, 2009
I have Android installed on my phone and it works fine except one MAJOR thing. I messed up the touch screen calibration and now I can't use the touch screen in android and I cant figure out how to recal the touch screen in android.

Got it. i just deleted the ts calibration file from the android project folder and started android again.

Last edited:

gary-09

Oct 22, 2009
as mentioned above
read the ****ing manual before posting...

edit:
ok Reefermattness was faster again;)
Ok man maybe you can help me out with the problem im having. I go to file explorer and i launch Haret.exe and it immediately takes me to the linux booting page with the penguin at top. But it soon stops saying "Cant access tty. Job control turned off. And it doesnt move from there. What am i doing wrong?

Microrob1

Oct 15, 2009
delete all the contents from the .cab file you downloaded, make sure your memory card has wiped any remaining files from the original download, re-install and make sure you are downloading the correct .cab file for your handset, install to memory card and try again.

dutch169

Aug 6, 2009
Yo Ihwparis chill out. This is a forum for information trading and gathering. Everyone was a noob at one time or another including you and asked questions that have been asked a million times already. Stop treating people like idiots. Help them or stop reading the thread. Someone else will help them out. It's not that serious. I can tell you one problem here that I encountered was a thread would be started and trail off into someting completely different never answering the first question. After reading pages upoon pages you get nothing. Some people like myself have real lives and real jobs and dont have time to sit here and read every post. If you take it so serious maybe you should sticky an informative how to guide and maybe that will stop people from bothering you so much.

buru898

Ok man maybe you can help me out with the problem im having. I go to file explorer and i launch Haret.exe and it immediately takes me to the linux booting page with the penguin at top. But it soon stops saying "Cant access tty. Job control turned off. And it doesnt move from there. What am i doing wrong?

Is the folder in the root of your memory card?

Reefermattness

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 27, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
Yo Ihwparis chill out. This is a forum for information trading and gathering. Everyone was a noob at one time or another including you and asked questions that have been asked a million times already.

I was actually on XDA for about 6 months, reading, before I finally decided to even MAKE an account, because I didn't want to be "That Noob". It was about another 6 months to a year before I posted anything at all. As you said yourself, most questions have already been asked a million times. This means that it is only a matter of reading, before you find someone that has asked the same question. In most cases once you find the question, and read a little further it leads you to the answer. He was smart enough to post in the correct sub-forum, which means he must have read through the forums a bit anyways. It wouldn't have taken much more work to read the top 3 sticky threads in that same sub-forum, and find the answer to the question. :)

iworejungleboots

Sep 8, 2007
I can get the whole thing to load however I cannot ever get the start screen (touch the androind to start) to ever let me touch it. The only thing that works is the keyboard input. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.