[HOW-TO]EXT4 on GummyCharged1.9RC1 (EP1Q)

Search This thread

SOTK

Oct 11, 2010
Pacific Northwest
How long should it stay at Samsung after doing all of the steps? I did all of the steps. Samsung flashed several times. Now its just staying at Samsung. Been this way for a couple of minutes.

salvazza

Dec 16, 2010
sdcard issues

ok, first of all I did this and everything worked fine.

Upon first reboot, I think it went 4 or 5 times through the samsung bootloop and then loaded the rom (i wasn't watching it fastidiously).

Upon loading the rom and loading my apps from titanium backup, I finally hit the issue of not being able to move apps to the sd card; it just comes up with "failed to move application". I've rebooted just to make sure things weren't off from first boot. It's still not letting me move any apps to sd (even if allowed in the os).

Any ideas on what to try next?

SOTK

Oct 11, 2010
Pacific Northwest
I'm still at Samsung logo. Don't think its going to load the Rom. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Following the steps. This is the second time I've tried this.

evercleardoc

Jun 11, 2011
did anyone else lose ROOT access after booting up?
I used Imnuts' EP1Q hacked kernel flashable via CWM.
I went to TB and it said I didn't have root access. Flashed superuser.zip and still no go.

PeterGunz

Dec 21, 2010
did anyone else lose ROOT access after booting up?
I used Imnuts' EP1Q hacked kernel flashable via CWM.
I went to TB and it said I didn't have root access. Flashed superuser.zip and still no go.

From what I have read over at Rootzwiki, that seems to be a problem exclusive to Imnuts' hacked kernel (possibly, he posted that he is looking into it as some users used his kernel and didn't have this problem). This process uses another kernel.

I was waiting for more users to give reports back, but I might just give this one a go.

anoninja118

Mar 31, 2011
L.A.
From what I have read over at Rootzwiki, that seems to be a problem exclusive to Imnuts' hacked kernel (possibly, he posted that he is looking into it as some users used his kernel and didn't have this problem). This process uses another kernel.

I was waiting for more users to give reports back, but I might just give this one a go.

I tested his hacked kernel and yes we ran into this issue, however flashing superuser in CWM fixed it for me... doesn't seem to work for other people so idk

blazing through on my VZ Droid Charge 4G

skydeaner

Sep 29, 2008
champaign
xda.chambanatech.com
Hrmm. Well for the people it isn't working for, try following the guide here to at least get a good copy of EP1Q on there and working first. Then follow my process.

Sucks that the imnuts kernel isn't working right yet. I would love to have the EP1Q kernel working on this, would be much more ideal.
It breaks root for me too. Come one imnuts, i know you know what is causing it, you are a smart cookie. Put out an updated zip already lol...

Last edited:

PeterGunz

Dec 21, 2010
Hrmm. Well for the people it isn't working for, try following the guide here to at least get a good copy of EP1Q on there and working first. Then follow my process.

Sucks that the imnuts kernel isn't working right yet. I would love to have the EP1Q kernel working on this, would be much more ideal.
It breaks root for me too. Come one imnuts, i know you know what is causing it, you are a smart cookie. Put out an updated zip already lol...

I've downloaded the file twice, but I keep getting MD5 hash value invalid on the Odin step for the Nameless recovery. That's as far as I could get in the steps. I tried downloading it from multiple places but no dice.

Last edited:

anoninja118

Mar 31, 2011
L.A.
I've downloaded the file twice, but I keep getting MD5 hash value invalid on the Odin step for the Nameless recovery. That's as far as I could get in the steps. I tried downloading it from multiple places but no dice.

what did you need? the nameless v2 kernel? I can upload my copy for you if I have it

Rythmyc

Jul 19, 2011
I executed this method using Imnuts kernel and kept root (Thankfully). However I looked at the post to confirm EXT4, and my Terminal Emulator doesn't match the one posted at all. Right now, it's just showing data and dbdata on EXT4, the rest is still on RFS. Is this normal for GB? I can post the exact coding if needed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=3163

this thread is now null and void lol. for anyone that wants it, kejar released his own updated Cwm version of gummycharged. follow the link above for his ext4 lagfix instructions.
    Guys there is an offical version of GummyCharged available in CWM form now...

to the OP can you remove your link and provide a link to the release thread for access to the file? Also update the instructions to reflect the fact that my release include the ep1q kernel from IMNUTS that supports EXT4
    Yes that's the one. If you have the correct file that would be great.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App

this should be the most current one, and has worked with no problems... be sure to unzip with 7zip first
    Awesome. I'll do these steps but use the recovery you posted and the Imnuts kernel. However, would you mind posting the Superuser zip as well?

Thanks man, you are being really helpful this late at night. These are my phone flashing hours.

np, this is my phone tinkering time too as the gf is asleep lol... any way when I looked I had a few different ones and for the life of me can't remember which one I flashed, this one should be the correct gingerbread one and if not I have others (I think they're all the same but build specific, for 2.2 or 2.3 etc...)
    Here is how I did it. From EP1Q I wiped data and flashed gummycharged FE 1.9.1 and booted. It did not convert, I must have had the disable lagfix file in voodoo. I dl voodoo control app and selected convert to EXT4 and convert system to EXT4 and rebooted. Converted to EXT4. then odin imnut's hacked kernel from rootzwiki. and flashed a zip of gummyGBE(EP1Q). I had SU but no access, tried flashing SU from recovery and still no root. Then I booted to recovery and flashed imnuts debloated EP1Q(kernel included)and then flashed the gummy GBE zip again and booted w/ root.

All partitions are EXT4 and this rom/kernel combo flies:)

A little more involved than using the EXT formatter, but I got it done.

This is a very viable option for getting the ep1q kernel and still having root access work right. Good work.