YouTube update to HD

Search This thread

g_says

Aug 3, 2011
Just updated YouTube on my note and wow what a difference! HD content looks amazing!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

Reactions: FANdroid

big samm

Mar 31, 2007
Montreal
Geez your right! Way better than the last version! And with lte streaming hd content is child's play!

Sent from my SGH-I717M

UncleManuel

Mar 1, 2010
Bamberg
Just updated YouTube on my note and wow what a difference! HD content looks amazing!

Did you check "mobile high quality" in the options before? Or is it now "more" HD?

PS: My app is version 2.3.4

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Ok, got an update. It's version 2.4.4 now... ;)

btyork

Apr 16, 2010
Texas
Can you upload APK please? I don't have market.

Here it is. Mods - if this isn't allowed, please remove it... It's not a paid app and it's not hacked in anyway... but ya never know. Thanks :)

p.s. Click the thanks button :p

Edit : Forgot, this is version 3.5 - for ICS. If you're still on Gingerbread it wont work.

Attachments

• YouTube.apk
    2.4 MB · Views: 119

padlad

Jan 23, 2005
my galaxy note youtube app is 2.4.4 but it still show HQ and not HD :confused:

Are you on wifi? I've heard someone mention that it only changes to HD when you are on wifi no matter how fast your network connection is. If you are not on wifi it might default to HQ instead of HD.

Package file not signed correctly for me. On rocket from v 22

If you go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1529715 there is a modded version that will enable HD playback over mobile network. I just renamed the original YouTube app to YouTube.apk.bak, rebooted, then pasted the modded one in its place, rebooted again and it works great. I'm on Chris's 1.7.

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
I believe the HQ button before was just to play the vids in 480p while it would normally play at 240p, the HD button now streams the 720p version of the clip, while this is good the non HD version is at 240p so for those who dont have fast enough connection to stream 720p they will end up getting a worse quality than before since they will be either forced to wait for an extended time to buffer or settle for 240p.. they should have given us choices.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you upload APK please? I don't have market.

Here it is. Mods - if this isn't allowed, please remove it... It's not a paid app and it's not hacked in anyway... but ya never know. Thanks :)

p.s. Click the thanks button :p

Edit : Forgot, this is version 3.5 - for ICS. If you're still on Gingerbread it wont work.
    Latest Youtube 2.4.4

i'm on Gingerbread 2.3.6

transfer to sd card, install like normal. make sure unknown sources is enabled.