digitizer too sensitive

Search This thread

xdn

May 6, 2012
I'm having a problem with my M8. The digitizer registers touches when my finger is quite close to the screen (1mm) but I haven't actually touched it. It's not a massive problem as it's just 1mm but it makes the user experience quite strange. Sometimes I press something on the screen but two touches are registered (one when I approach the screen, another when I actually touch it). Or sometimes I'm going to press a button and the action happens before I actually touch the screen, leaving me thinking "WTF just happened?"

It's something similar to this but of course a lot less serious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTfyPCjDaio#t=113

Can any other M8 owners check if this happens with their phone? Thanks in advance!

HtcOneJon

Dec 5, 2013
Yep, you can control the screen from 1mm above it. Makes it very stressfull trying to type at times lol

otariq

Feb 17, 2012
Can you guys push you glass down at the edges? I don't have to put a lot of pressure and the glass pushes down on the lcd and creates that blue mark

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

naja_return

Nov 22, 2011
Bangkok
Sorry for digging this up. But I've just bought M8 last week. And I found this problem too. I struggle to type correctly. Is there anyway to fix this?

OctoberNexus

Feb 11, 2011
Boulder, Colorado
Yeah this is very annoying when I'm holding with my fingers just to the edge of the screen but its registering touches

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

dsmpampis

Oct 21, 2012
But they said that the M8 have the best touch responsiveness.

Tapatalked with my "refrigerator look" HTC one M8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you guys push you glass down at the edges? I don't have to put a lot of pressure and the glass pushes down on the lcd and creates that blue mark

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

Nope, doesn't seem to be an issue for me.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium HD app