Does SDHC work after WM6 update?

Search This thread

toshikovskij

Oct 19, 2009
:D:D

Yeaaahhh ;] HP IPAQ 5710 perfectly works with 4GB Kingston SDHC after driver install ;] big thaks to all of You :D megarespect

dragonfire613

Jan 3, 2010
Nobody posted here for awhile, but i have a new (pretty much a) success to add.

I am using an unlocked HTC / AT&T 8525 With Windows Mobile 5.0 with a Toshiba 8GB MicroSD Class 4 memory card.

Installed the .CAB, reboot. Reads the card fine but only at 4GB capacity (So it shows approx 3,500 MB free). Better than the 2GB I had before, but I guess maybe Win Mobile 5 will only read a 4GB card. Going to update to Windows Mobile 6 or 6.5 very soon so perhaps I will update if I remember.

I previously used a 2GB MicroSD card that was full to capacity. I had almost all my software intalled on the 2GB card, which I copied to PC, then back to the 8GB card. Turned off mobile device, inserted 8GB card, booted mobile device, all software there and working fine.

The only drawback other than using 4 of the 8GB on the card is that it removed my Xpress Mail e-mail entirely, which wasn't a big deal for me since I use Gmail and all of my e-mail is saved on server and online. I re-registered no problems whatsoever. E-mail back on phone & working fine. Wireless, bluetooth, etc. all working fine. But if you download e-mail to your phone and do not have copies saved on server you should back it up before doing this on this model phone at least I would recommend. Will update later if I am ever able to get the full 8GB capacity on this phone.

Good luck to all!!

mobilesix

Apr 2, 2010
Attempted install of all cabs and zip files on IPAQ rx1950 with Windows Mobile 6.1 ROM upgrade from this site.

All files listed a "installation unsuccessful".

Any suggestions?

TWiG420

Apr 27, 2010
Northern California
TwigsJoint.com
(I know this is not a device listed in the title, but a guy can try right?? hehe )

Just installed and tested this on a old HP iPaq 6945 (stuck in WM5) with a Kingston 4gb SDHC card formatted Fat32.

Copied the files from my old 2GB (also Fat32) to the new 4GB card. Backed up the files on my device replaced by the sdhc.cab and then ran the cab install, and rebooted when prompted. Swapped to the 4GB card, then rebooted again for good measure.

At first everything seems to work awesome. I can see the full size, and use the new SDHC card perfectly (read and write). Wifi and GPS both still work fine. All my programs and such launch and run fine.

Problems start once the device goes to sleep/standby (what ever its called). Once turned back on, the card shows as FULL, and nothing will load or run from it. Browsing to the Storage Card in file explorer shows a few directories, all empty.

Rebooting the device or pulling the card for a few moments, gets things working again. *Sigh*

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Aloaa

Jan 4, 2009
hi,
i have same problem like TWiG420..
if i put my rx5490 to sleep and SCHC card Kigston 4G id unusable before soft reset ..
i try reg fix ..DRIVERS\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\SDMemory_C lass\DisablePowerManagement=1 .. but same result ..

any new ideas?

dickh81

Feb 16, 2012
SDHC for iPAQ

Totally awesome - I just want to note that this solved the most irritating issue I had with the iPAQ - not being able to use a 4GB card was a real bummer. Whoever wrote this software is my hero!!! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

I need to get a bigger microsd card, but i would very much like to buy (and use) the new sandisk 4gb micro SDHC. I read in another thread that it might work after WM6 upgrade...

i've also read this press release stating that new drivers are available also for the omap850...

Can someone confirm wether or not a 4gb micro SDHC works after the WM6 upgrade?

thanks!