[16-JUL-2011] pcarvalho eXtreme ROM

Search This thread

imax98

Feb 3, 2009
MemMaid Not Installing

MemMaid is not getting installed on 23557 build. How to overcome the problem. I have not tried installing MemMaid in previous builds.

rpsilva

Jan 15, 2006
is it possibble to describe step by steo pls:)

Hi there

Just use it as if you were flashing a new rom
1- download and use leppa RUU task 29
2- if you use it as it is there will be error 240.
3- In the same directory just place a signed_RUU (you can use the radio or the boot image rom)

At the end you will get a clean mobile (no rom installed)
just install a rom of you choice following leppa steps (page 718 of this thread)

Hope it helps...

tamirl

Apr 28, 2008
radio issue

Hi there

Just use it as if you were flashing a new rom
1- download and use leppa RUU task 29
2- if you use it as it is there will be error 240.
3- In the same directory just place a signed_RUU (you can use the radio or the boot image rom)

At the end you will get a clean mobile (no rom installed)
just install a rom of you choice following leppa steps (page 718 of this thread)

Hope it helps...

Hi
Is the radio installed ?

ahhl

Jul 23, 2007
i using latest polaris radio 1.65.30.09
, flashed before running task29, than use that radio with task29, than only flash rom 23557. noticed the fmradio reception slightly better with this radio.

Shurup

Apr 17, 2008
First of all thank you for the latest ROM.
The only bug I found is the datepicker control if you want to set a date. Its too big and it makes unable to create a new appointment.
Can you please integrate an older version or the fixed version of this control in your next releases.

Thanks again, pcarvalho!

trinity1

Aug 21, 2008
Civitavecchia
Realme X50 Pro
Hi PCar. I installed 23557 ROM, seems to be working well, except a couple of problems.
SPB Backup doesn't install (I guess it's related to the fact that I changed from 1.59.42.15 to 1.59.46.15 Radio, still have to check).
Then how can I change the default location for rings? Since I have different rings for contacts and I don't want to copy all the rings into Windows folder, I tried to change the default location into the registry (using RESCO Registry I changed HKEY_CURRENT_USER\CONTROL PANEL\SOUND CATEGORIES\RING string from "\Windows\" to my default location: "\Storage Card\My Documents\My Music\"), then soft reset, but it didn't worked. Did I make it wrong? What else have I to do?

alexinc

Feb 4, 2008
HTC Vision: G2
LG G5
Then how can I change the default location for rings? Since I have different rings for contacts and I don't want to copy all the rings into Windows folder, I tried to change the default location into the registry (using RESCO Registry I changed HKEY_CURRENT_USER\CONTROL PANEL\SOUND CATEGORIES\RING string from "\Windows\" to my default location: "\Storage Card\My Documents\My Music\"), then soft reset, but it didn't worked. Did I make it wrong? What else have I to do?

since version win mobile 6.5(?) you can copy your ringtones into my documents\my ringtones - there is no need for windows-folder anymore or hacking the registry...

trinity1

Aug 21, 2008
Civitavecchia
Realme X50 Pro
since version win mobile 6.5(?) you can copy your ringtones into my documents\my ringtones - there is no need for windows-folder anymore or hacking the registry...

Where? The phone memory or the storage card? I'm talking about several files, each of them 2-3 MB big. Furthermore I would like to take advantage of my pretty large discoteque onto the storage card without moving files from a folder to another.
Any help?

alexinc

Feb 4, 2008
HTC Vision: G2
LG G5
Where? The phone memory or the storage card? I'm talking about several files, each of them 2-3 MB big. Furthermore I would like to take advantage of my pretty large discoteque onto the storage card without moving files from a folder to another.
Any help?

as far as i know "my documents"-folder only exists in phone-memory! ;) and in there you should find "my ringtones" - if you didnt delete it.
if you open your preferred music-folder (on storage card) with included media player of manila, you should also be able to set your favourite song as ringtone (use menu for this action)!

leppa

Jan 25, 2007
Berlin
oleksii.name

cdrugo

Mar 2, 2008
Zanichelli doesnt work,

Anyone has installed Zanichelli vocabulary on this rom? I tried but doenst work. Any advice about?

Qualcuno di voi ha isntallato il vocabolario Zanichelli su questa rom? I ho provato a installarlo ma non funziona..rimane a cercare i vocabolari installati all'infinito...

imax98

Feb 3, 2009
MemMaid is not getting installed on 23557 build. How to overcome the problem. I have not tried installing MemMaid in previous builds.

There is no problem with the 23557 Build. MemMaid is getting installed normaly once i hard reset my moble. I think initialy GARMIN installation created a problem and no other software is getting installed.

trinity1

Aug 21, 2008
Civitavecchia
Realme X50 Pro
as far as i know "my documents"-folder only exists in phone-memory! ;) and in there you should find "my ringtones" - if you didnt delete it.
if you open your preferred music-folder (on storage card) with included media player of manila, you should also be able to set your favourite song as ringtone (use menu for this action)!

I have just realized that I can create a My Ringtones folder into the microSD. After that I can set a tone from there... Main memory is safe!!

kulen

Jun 27, 2008
Zagreb
Hello everybody,

I have been using 23017 version for a few months and I'm very satisfied.
I would like to switch to a new one with a new interface (start menu down).

Which one do you suggest me? latest one?
I need it for everyday use so it has to be stable, everything must work and it has to be fast.
so which one is the best?

Thank you very much!

Masen

Aug 31, 2008
Go for the last one!

Hi.
I would suggest you to flash the last release!

[23557] (non3D) [16-Apr] (fixed) Works really good for me, the most stable so far from our Chef!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    build 29020 is out...

test it and let me know about issues...

cheers

Link:
    WM65_HTC_Polaris_29020_WWE_Beta1.rar
    I have tried this solution but it only works for once......

after that there is no sound on the device.....its like i have a dead speaker....no tones no nothing.....

any other solution or a re-cooked rom with the problem pre-fixed?

hi greekfragma,

im currently uploading a fixed rom, removed the app that made these sound issues happen...

once its uploaded ill post here its link...

cheers

29022:
    http://www.fileserve.com/file/Hb9DAMB
    next up...

COM3 build 29017 has:
    -htc volume control (goodbye old wm volume control)
    -newer sip menu (now works like newer devices)
    -new utask by ultrashot (press and hold taskmanager for settings)
    -sip icon overlap fix in phonecanvas (now 2G dialer should be without glitches)...

major issues:
    -since its COM3 phonecanvas/screenlock may have issues that need to get debugged

-ezinput also has an issue, one can now change layout/languages alot easier but to make things work after every change touch input settings (sip menu item) has to be run, some layouts my be unfinished still...

alpha state is just cause i need people to test it...other then that its fully working rom...

cheers

LINK:
    pcarvalho eXtreme 29017 alpha fileserve (10-04-2011)

pcarvalho eXtreme 29017 alpha hotfile (10-04-2011)
    hi my fellow htc cruise owners

before i begin thank you those that believed in me and that due to my absense got worried...i am...ok...worrie no more please...

sorry for being away for so long but both work and personal life made it very hard to finish what i was doing...that was at the time...fixing stuff 2 make our polaris work a bit more a bit longer...

meanwhile i had a complete system break down, i had copies but not very updated and i would have 2 remake most of the rom all over again

all my efforts went, sort to say, down the drain...

i even managed 2 loose all my passwords, cause i saved them all in my browser (stupid me :) )...including xda forum one...

additionally my own htc polaris also failed me, on one of my last capable attempts on making a android rom...

i ended up losing 50% of the storage capacity...

all these events leaded 2 my total and complete lost in work and ability to bring my simple attempt on making a bug less rom to a final stage...

all and all it was a fun stage...i enjoyed it a lot...hope some of u enjoyed it too...

again sorry for being away for such a long long time...but i only was able to recover my account password 2 weeks ago...

since i had no more working kitchen nor workable device i decided 2 move on a month or so ago...

i have joined the android era...

gotten a new device and will start finding out how android OS is made up, once i have the time (if i ever will have it any time soon)...

again thank you to all...

if u ever need any help please contact me via PM (something i also have 2 take care cause my PM box got a bit full)

cheers
    whats to come...

build 29020 SYS
    major issues since my last alpha release should now be fixed (email/wifi, incall volume)
    threaded email
    added screen rotation app
    new lockscreen layout
    new wallpaper