Gray signal bars on LTE verizon

Search This thread

what25

Apr 4, 2008
I'm getting only gray signal bars on 4G LTE instead of the blue bars. On 3G CDMA, it works fine with the blue bars. Of course that means I am not connected to Google services when the bars are gray. Is anybody experiencing this? I have AOKP 4.0.3 with the 4.0.2 radios on the 5xxxx prl. Thanks

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Nexus

mhammerstone

Feb 14, 2012
Griffin
I am having the same issue with rooted stock ROM, PRL update helped for a while, now when it happens I have to restart the phone to get the blue 4G bars.....aggrivating

S

Samsuck

It happens occasionally. Usually a reboot or waiting helps . Happened all the time on 4.0.4 radios in my experience

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

what25

Apr 4, 2008
Dial *611 and ask if there is an lte issue in your area.

good day.

There has been intermittent issues in my area since that outage last week.

Whatever the case may be, its always blue when I'm on 3G or on Wifi. On 4G, its either blue or gray. I can still browse sites through the browser, but I don't get push Gmail, or Gtalk won't work.

It's starting to piss me off now.

what25

Apr 4, 2008
OK I visited the store. The display phone, along with 2 of the employees' phones, fluctuate between grey and blue bars on 4G, more time on the grey. They told me it was normal, I said no, if its on grey, then its not connected to google. Hence no push Gmail, or Gtalk is not signed in, and showed it to them. They seem to have no solution to this.

copkay

Jul 29, 2010
...Of course that means I am not connected to Google services when the bars are gray...

...They told me it was normal, I said no, if its on grey, then its not connected to google...

Grey signal bars means you aren't connected to google servers.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

I think he knew that already.

@OP: Yeah, I had the same issue all last week, so I think it's just something on Verizon's end. I haven't noticed it happening the last few days, but I've not been paying that much attention.

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
I think he knew that already.

@OP: Yeah, I had the same issue all last week, so I think it's just something on Verizon's end. I haven't noticed it happening the last few days, but I've not been paying that much attention.

You're right he did haha. I just saw some answers and threw mine out there

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium