[transfer from anzhi]CM9 for Sensation XL!

Search This thread
Trust me its the WRE rom or at least based on it, the last version of WRE rom had nearly everything working ok, only MMS receiving didn't work and GPS only worked with google maps, everything else was ok. If it really was CM9 it would definately have the Trebuchet launcher on it....

I know this because I have done a lot of work on the last WRE rom trying to fix those 2 issues....

I don't say you're wrong, you know a lot mo more more about developing than me, but they changed also the boot animation :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Sorry forgot the boot animation has been changed, but in essence its the WRE rom with a couple of subtle changes, its definately not CM9, because its not got the Cyanogenmod Settings and Trebuchet launcher.

Also check out the picture and the date and time on boot.img on both roms

Attachments

• Comparison.jpg
    Comparison.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 114
Sorry forgot the boot animation has been changed, but in essence its the WRE rom with a couple of subtle changes, its definately not CM9, because its not got the Cyanogenmod Settings and Trebuchet launcher.

Also check out the picture and the date and time on boot.img on both roms

Could they change other things?

.:Petunia:.

Oct 6, 2011
thanx for the mirrors. i havn't tried WRE-rom for some time..so, is everything working so far in THIS "cm9/WRE"-rom ?

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Yeah they could've changed some things but it looks like the issues are still there, so my guess is they've not improved it at all, just made some minor changes and called it CM9 lol ;)

C

cdaly985

Wifi not working, hmm, think ill go back to total senseless sandwich

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Wifi not working, hmm, think ill go back to total senseless sandwich

edit: working after restart, screenshots on the way

C

cdaly985

It's not a bad rom though, barebones, functional, fast.

Ima' stick with it

Attachments

• screen_20120327_2157.jpg
    screen_20120327_2157.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 246
  • screen_20120327_2158_2.jpg
    screen_20120327_2158_2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 222
  • screen_20120327_2158.jpg
    screen_20120327_2158.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 234

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
I welcome any new rom to the forum but as john said this is basically a clone of WRE or vice versa. Cm9 needs aosp kernel to function properly and as we have no kernel sources then its no possible. This can't be a true cm9 guys but its a welcome addition to our forum even if not new per say

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    there's a green, blue, red and grey field in the middle of the page. click on the grey field. But you have to be patient. downloading takes several hours... :-(
    Its working, in settings/info it says its cyanogen mod, i didnt mention any bugs till now, but it is booted since 3 minutes :)

I'm afraid to put a downer on this but it is the WRE rom with the build.prop changed. If it was CM9 it would have the Trebuchet launcher and it hasn't, and it has the same wallpaper issues when first booted just like WRE rom had.... So I'd be willing to put money on the fact its the WRE rom....

Sorry Guys.....