How to install AOSP Browser on the N7 Now with an updated flashable method

Search This thread

laxen2

Jun 14, 2011
Awsome browser! Thanks!
I only have one problem...

When watch videos (flash) the screen/system goes to sleep after 1 min. I know there are system settings to change this, but is there any way to make keep my tablet awake while watching videos?
I've spent some time searching the forum, but no luck.

Am I the only one having this ?

ShaneAR

Jul 21, 2012
So, probably a stupid question...

I have this working perfectly after flashing, but I'm wondering about any updates to the browser, flash, etc. How do I find out about them?

I just rooted today, so I'm new to the 'rooted' way of life...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

kenny1070

Feb 10, 2013
Fort Myers, FL
just a theory

I'm new to the whole tablet/Android experience, and haven't had an opportunity to delve into all the nuances of it yet - so I'll ask for help (from the pro's).

With all of the great work that you all have done in creating a flash enabled browser and or system , I guess my question becomes this -

Could that same Flash Enabled Browser be used to not only watch you-tube videos - but also Facebook?

By:
- lowering my resolution dpi to say 1280 (saving cpu usage )
- Underclocking CPU and GPU min/max (stabilizing the throttling )
- changing the core Throttling Position from the stock 80 to say 90/95 (providing a throttling cushion)

Is it possible - that the AOSP Browser could activate and play Facebook driven games (Bejeweled, etc..) in an unlagging/seamless format ?

Just a thought I had about the Browser and it's possibilities with the Nexus.

realromeo76

Feb 11, 2013
no success

Hi

i've followed each step but i have no success

i've download the http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1527847&d=1354392850 apk
i also used the es file explorer

you said
Just place this app in your /system/app folder, change the permissions from rw------- to rw-r--r--

did you mean the 3 extracted directories (data, system,meta-inf) or the zip file into the /system/app folder
ii'am a newbee in android so please any help

thx

Tired of 3rd party browsers? Need flash?

Here you go :D

Before going on, this flashable ZIP is the easiest way:
4.2.0:
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1527845&d=1354392717
4.2.1:
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1527847&d=1354392850
Credit and thanks go to Sikagoon7

Here is the link to the apk I used, it is from a Nexus S JB ROM, but ICS may work too. IDK:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11759879/Browser.apk

I used ES file explorer with root permissions to do this.

Just place this app in your /system/app folder, change the permissions from rw------- to rw-r--r--

NOW this is important, If you see a browser browserproxyprovider.odex You should rename them! I just threw a 1 after the file extensions.
If you don't do this step the browser will just forceclose.

Now reboot and you are all set :D

I haven't tested everything yet. But it loads webpages and the settings menu. I will check flash and make sure everything is fine with chrome when I'm no longer in class.

Flash work perfectly. Better than it did on ics
Whoo!

Note: If you have any issues, please try wiping cache and dalvik

jmorrow28

Feb 15, 2013
Ok I installed this and decided I don't really need it. How do I uninstall it? I tried searching this thread, but I can't find clear instructions or they pointto a previous post and I'm lost.

SLver

Sep 28, 2008
For uninstall... What about see what the zip installs and then delete these files on system/app...

I have a petition... What about allow infinite or 64 tabs as max (current is 16 tabs).

Thanks!

kerneldev

Jan 28, 2013
Mumbai
Re:Uninstall

Download Root Uninstaller ...as now Aosp browser is system app..uninstall it using ROOT Uninstaller

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Turbotab

May 2, 2011
I've just pulled the latest AOSP browser.apk from paranoidandroid build 3.00 (Nexus 7). There appears to be no major changes, it achieves the same score in HTML 5 Test, also the Webkit version number hasn't changed from 4.1 / 4.2.1.

But for the sake of any OCD folk, who can't stomach running 4.2.1 browser on Android 4.2.2:laugh: I've uploaded it. It still seems a few ms / few fps more responsive & fluid than Chrome Beta, but at the rate Chrome is improving, I don't think AOSP browser will live past the Key Lime Pie.

Respect to the AOSP browser dev team, you made our Nexuses usable whilst the Chrome Team were given eyesight checks.

Attachments

• Browser.apk
    2.1 MB · Views: 296
Reactions: SLver and Bob_Funk

alexxdj

Nov 14, 2007
I've just pulled the latest AOSP browser.apk from paranoidandroid build 3.00 (Nexus 7). There appears to be no major changes, it achieves the same score in HTML 5 Test, also the Webkit version number hasn't changed from 4.1 / 4.2.1.

But for the sake of any OCD folk, who can't stomach running 4.2.1 browser on Android 4.2.2:laugh: I've uploaded it. It still seems a few ms / few fps more responsive & fluid than Chrome Beta, but at the rate Chrome is improving, I don't think AOSP browser will live past the Key Lime Pie.

Respect to the AOSP browser dev team, you made our Nexuses usable whilst the Chrome Team were given eyesight checks.

Thanks works fine!!!!!!!!!!!! :good:

ondoy1943

Jun 21, 2011

Thanks for the heads-up. Now i'm back in business. Cheers..:eek:

jcse7en

Feb 17, 2013
Hello there

I've got a 32gb rooted n7 running jb 4.2.2

I installed the stock browser in order to watch flash videos in full screen as I Firefox would always crash once I went to full screen, however every time I try and watch any flash video on the stock browser it totally freezes.

Now I've done all the work arounds I.e clearing the davlik cache, deleting the browserproxyprovider.odex
BrowserProxyProvider.apk files etc.

Can anyone suggest something I might have missed?

Oh I'm also on the stock rom. Just a bit frustrated as there are people out there that seem to be running it perfectly with similar setups to mine.

Thanks in advance.

Prof Peach

Sep 14, 2011
Morpeth UK
Working OK for me using Firefox.
Anyone had any joy getting Demand5 videos to play?
I keep getting "this protected content cannot be displayed on this mobile platform" message. Google search brings no answers so thought I'd ask thems that might know.

.....sent from my Nexus 7 running ParanoidAndroid via Tapatalk 2

jcse7en

Feb 17, 2013
Well since my last message I flashed my nexus 7 to the paranoid android 3.00 rom which got the browser working perfectly.

However I then flashed the two latest nightly releases (23 then 24) and since then the same problem of freezing has occurred.

No matter what I do I can't get it to work.

Please can anyone suggest a solution as this is so frustrating.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tired of 3rd party browsers? Need flash?

Here you go :D

Before going on, this flashable ZIP is the easiest way:
    4.2.0:
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1527845&d=1354392717
    4.2.1:
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1527847&d=1354392850
    Credit and thanks go to Sikagoon7

Here is the link to the apk I used, it is from a Nexus S JB ROM, but ICS may work too. IDK:

I used ES file explorer with root permissions to do this.

NOW this is important, If you see a browser browserproxyprovider.odex You should rename them! I just threw a 1 after the file extensions.
    If you don't do this step the browser will just forceclose.

Now reboot and you are all set :D

I haven't tested everything yet. But it loads webpages and the settings menu. I will check flash and make sure everything is fine with chrome when I'm no longer in class.

Flash work perfectly. Better than it did on ics
    Whoo!

Note: If you have any issues, please try wiping cache and dalvik
    Okay, since it looks like no one got the sync thing down, I'll spill.

1. Download ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
    2. Push it to /system/app/
    3. Change permissions to rw-r--r-- (not sure if necessary, but do it anyway)
    4. Restart
    5. Go into Settings -> Google Account
    6. Select the account you want to sync
    7. Check browser to turn bookmarks sync on
    8. Fire up Browser. Tada!
    You want an amazing browswer WITH flash on the Nexus 7
    sideload the latest Firefox
    Hi guys,
    I just make an archive for JZO54K ROM :
    - AOSPBrowser_4.1.2-34.apk
    - install_flash_player_ics_11.1.115.20.apk
    Link : db.tt/tXystla3
    That's could help someone ;)
    I think you'll need the JB version, am fairly sure you could extract the one from the new AOSP ROM.

Is there an AOSP Rom for the Nexus7?? I searched the Dev thread and saw none.
    link?

I did pull the browser from a AOSP JB rom for the Nexus S. It force closed again when it tried to sign in.

Here is the apk: