UI Updates among other fixes
5-23-2011
New user birthday error
5-18-2011
Upload new avatar server side error
5-16-2011
Misc messaging bugs
5-12-2011
Input control where you would see a keyboard, but no actual textbox.

Notes:
5-18-2011
Done and submitted to Market Place, i put to links at the bottom, you can grab the version without ads or if you wanna be awesome, you can grab the version with ads.. up to you, i dont judge!
5-16-2011
This version has ads while i test out the app. when the app is complete, the link will go to the version without ads for XDA users.

So this is an app i am currently working on. In the end it will be ad supported, but for now i will be sharing it here.

Once you are in, feel free to look me up : thefro : and say hi!

This is a work in progress, so obviously not everything is in place yet.

Working:
You and others join channels to chat in.
Settings and avatar (synced with server)
Push Messaging
Find people around you
Live Tile

Kinda Working:
All is well for now...

Upcoming:
cosmetic upgrades

All feedback is welcome!!
If you do try it out and run into issues, please let me know so i can fix it!

Usage Notes:
There will not be a list of channels, you will have to join one(by typing in a name), and tell others to meet you there. This is to keep thing private'ish... so you dont have random people just showing up. Most items will have context menus, so when in doubt, long press.

I can be found in channel : "support" - Push is done, so i will be able to catch your messages even with the app closed!

Nightly builds will always be at this link... i will also try to keep them as stable as possible. - No new builds until i need to make changes..

While there are daily updates, check the link often as i usually upload new versions as features are completed.
http://www.jac-it.com/chatcentral/chatCentral.xap
http://www.jac-it.com/chatcentral/chatCentral_Ads.xap

Attachments

• starthere.jpg
    starthere.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 498
  • chat.jpg
    chat.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 382
  • members.jpg
    members.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 350
  • profile.jpg
    profile.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 296
  • messages.jpg
    messages.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 254
  • message.jpg
    message.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 282
  • push.jpg
    push.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 208
  • push_tile.jpg
    push_tile.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Reactions: orb3000

JoeTheFro

Nov 24, 2008
Los Angeles
Hello Everyone, i found some odd bugs that may not let you log in. ( i never uninstall it, just keep updating so i had no idea they were there )

Those are now fixed as well as a few other improvements.

Check the link for the updated version.

JoeTheFro

Nov 24, 2008
Los Angeles
Hello again...

I see lots of views, and some people even went far enough to create an account..

Please leave any feedback...

If something doesnt work, or makes it crash...

tell me its a horrible idea, or that maybe you like it and want more...

Well, sorry for the long delay if anyone was waiting... i was out of the country..

Later!

-Edit....

So, i decided to see why there were no users doing anything even though i see new users in the system and the fact that this has a pile of views. Come to find out, people could not complete the new user signup process... so i fixed it and now users can create accounts and try out the app... If you created an account and had this issue, i had to delete your account since the process was incomplete...

Feel free to try the app again, and hopefully let me know of any other problems that may arise.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest Bug Squash:
    6-14-2011
    UI Updates among other fixes
    5-23-2011
    New user birthday error
    5-18-2011
    Upload new avatar server side error
    5-16-2011
    Misc messaging bugs
    5-12-2011
    Input control where you would see a keyboard, but no actual textbox.

Notes:
    5-18-2011
    Done and submitted to Market Place, i put to links at the bottom, you can grab the version without ads or if you wanna be awesome, you can grab the version with ads.. up to you, i dont judge!
    5-16-2011
    This version has ads while i test out the app. when the app is complete, the link will go to the version without ads for XDA users.

So this is an app i am currently working on. In the end it will be ad supported, but for now i will be sharing it here.

Once you are in, feel free to look me up : thefro : and say hi!

This is a work in progress, so obviously not everything is in place yet.

Working:
    You and others join channels to chat in.
    Settings and avatar (synced with server)
    Push Messaging
    Find people around you
    Live Tile

Kinda Working:
    All is well for now...

Upcoming:
    cosmetic upgrades

All feedback is welcome!!
    If you do try it out and run into issues, please let me know so i can fix it!

Usage Notes:
    There will not be a list of channels, you will have to join one(by typing in a name), and tell others to meet you there. This is to keep thing private'ish... so you dont have random people just showing up. Most items will have context menus, so when in doubt, long press.

I can be found in channel : "support" - Push is done, so i will be able to catch your messages even with the app closed!

Nightly builds will always be at this link... i will also try to keep them as stable as possible. - No new builds until i need to make changes..

While there are daily updates, check the link often as i usually upload new versions as features are completed.
    http://www.jac-it.com/chatcentral/chatCentral.xap
    http://www.jac-it.com/chatcentral/chatCentral_Ads.xap