[Q] wifi problem

Search This thread

rachitpant

Oct 9, 2011
Wifi problem in atrix 2 is very well known . I know cwm9 dev is in progress. So is there a way to install to replace the stock module/drive with cwm9 driver.

Or any goddamm way to resolve this wifi problem.
I am really frustated . This is my second replacement and I don't feel like sending it back.

T

tmease1

I have had my a2 for about 2 months and no wifi problems here. It connects quickly and stays connected.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

kirkgbr

Nov 16, 2011
Wifi problem in atrix 2 is very well known . I know cwm9 dev is in progress. So is there a way to install to replace the stock module/drive with cwm9 driver.

Or any goddamm way to resolve this wifi problem.
I am really frustated . This is my second replacement and I don't feel like sending it back.

Not sure how "well known" this problem is. I have had my A2 since Nov 2011 and it has always connected to wifi without problem. Not disagreeing with you, just saying my experience with wifi is different.

thegusguywithatrix

Mar 4, 2012
hey there

ok ive had an atrix 2 for like a month, and I tried to flash an ad hoc enabler zip but it didn't work, and now my wifi won't work, it turns on for 5 secs and then turns off doesn't even show the networks available. help me pleeeeaaseee

rachitpant

Oct 9, 2011
wifi problems

Not sure how "well known" this problem is. I have had my A2 since Nov 2011 and it has always connected to wifi without problem. Not disagreeing with you, just saying my experience with wifi is different.

just google for atrix 2 wifi problems ..
well i changed my wifi security to wpa2 .. and there has been some relief ..
the problem is still there .. but no frequent ..

-Sayex-

Feb 29, 2012
I have solve the problem. What i did was just set the IP address for the Atrix 2 to static, instead of dynamic. :D
Hope this works for you guys.

KEB64

Jan 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I have solve the problem. What i did was just set the IP address for the Atrix 2 to static, instead of dynamic. :D
Hope this works for you guys.

This is what I did as well. Make sure and scroll down in the advanced wifi settings page to include the DNS and netmask numbers as well as gateway.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

41rw4lk

Gingerbread didn't always play nice with dhcp, hence the reason a static ip helps resolve the problem. Another solution you can try is to check the lease time for issued ip addresses. Some devices running gingerbread had issues with infinite leases, so the solution was to simply change the setting on your router to renew leases. As long as the lease isn't set to "forever" any other value will work. Just wanted to put that out there for those who have trouble with intermittent wifi.

rachitpant

Oct 9, 2011
i have made extensive RnD on my phone .. from lease times to assigning static ip's .. nothing works .. most people won't notice disconnection when using static ips because it does'nt disconnect so frequently . you will notice when you make a 20 min video call...

I am thinking of installing supercharged rom .. what do you guys think .. can it solve the problem .. or since it is another gingerbread the problem will persist. ?

rachitpant

Oct 9, 2011
This is what I did as well. Make sure and scroll down in the advanced wifi settings page to include the DNS and netmask numbers as well as gateway.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

thanks ..
where can i find my dns address .. will it be same as my router internal address. 192.168.0.1 or whatever it is ..
also what will be the netmask .. 255.255.255.0 ??

41rw4lk

thanks ..
where can i find my dns address .. will it be same as my router internal address. 192.168.0.1 or whatever it is ..
also what will be the netmask .. 255.255.255.0 ??

Most likely the dns address will be the same as your default gateway. An easy way to check is open a cmd prompt on your pc and type "ipconfig" and you'll see the default gateway, dns server, and subnet mask for your connected adapter. Just use the same settings, but give your phone a unique ip address.
Example
Default Gateway - 192.168.1.1
Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0
DNS Server - 192.168.1.1
IP Address - 192.168.1.101 < the last 3 octets need to be unique or else you'll have an ip conflict.

RAD7

May 19, 2012
Just saw this post separately & have posted my resolution experience for wifi router Ubiquiti Power ApN. Check for posts under my signature y'all for this one!!