Download Mirrors
http://www.filefactory.com/file/4i4tuhdxudg9/n/KoXDA_E120S_V1.3.7z
http://uploading.com/files/24d9d7m8/KoXDA_E120S_V1.3.7z/
https://hotfile.com/dl/153693207/d3a6472/KoXDA_E120S_V1.3.7z.html
https://rapidshare.com/files/1758556386/KoXDA_E120S_V1.3.7z
http://speedy.sh/JJrAY/KoXDA-E120S-V1.3.7z

Password: koxda . com (no spaces)

Prerequisites

1. Download and install Samsung Kies (drivers)
2. Enable USB debugging on your device

Instructions

1. Unzip the file using the password above
2. Run Odin3 v1.85.exe
3. Click 'PDA' and select KoXDA_E120S_Teamleader_V1.3.tar
4. Connect the E120S to the computer via USB, and turn the device off.
5. Hold down [volume down] + [home button] + [power button] until you are presented with this screen.
6. Press [Volume up] to enter coal mining mode
7. Click 'Start' in Odin, it may start automatically

Click here for the Video Tutorial

After Team Leader 1.3 has been installed

Change keyboard to 'Baidu Input' so you can login to the Android Market / Play Store and download a better keyboard.

Install a program like Titanium Backup to get rid of the bloatware.

Last edited:
Reactions: thuandiennang

Rhi Starckers

Feb 9, 2012
NSW
I've been trying for a while now and can't get the download without paying for it.
Any chance it can be mirrored elsewhere?

rob_edwards

Apr 6, 2012
heya.. another noob here.. i downloaded team leader 1.3.. followed instructions but nothing happens! press volume down + home and click power.. volume up, but odin doesnt do anything.. feel like i am missing something

MarrkDaviid

Mar 30, 2011
Brisbane
heya.. another noob here.. i downloaded team leader 1.3.. followed instructions but nothing happens! press volume down + home and click power.. volume up, but odin doesnt do anything.. feel like i am missing something

Are you holding both [volume down] and [home button] simultaneously? You should then only need to click the power button once, whilst the other two buttons are still pressed.

You will then be presented with a screen (cannot remember what it looks like, though you will know what I mean when you see it), and you will need to click [volume up] whilst on this screen.

Odin will then either automatically start, or you will need to click the 'Start' button in Odin.

rob_edwards

Apr 6, 2012
strange.. no screen comes up. i press and hold volume down + press and hold home buttoin, then i click power button but all it does is quickly flash white screen and captures a screen shot.. following instructions to a tee..

ok i have shv e120s, firmware 2.3.6,
kernel version 2.6.35.11-E120s.FC24.1633-CL1054062
gingerbread FC24

if that helps at all

cheers

rob_edwards

Apr 6, 2012
ok tried that.. held the vol down + home,. and very quickly clicked power button. just turns phone on, no matter how quick i click it, tried a fair few times.

MarrkDaviid

Mar 30, 2011
Brisbane
Try holding down the power button for a bit longer. I usually hold down the volume down button first, then start holding down the home button, followed by the power button. Do not stop holding down all three buttons until you feel the device vibrate and see the different screen come up.

rob_edwards

Apr 6, 2012
ok tried that.. held the vol down + home,. and very quickly clicked power button. just turns phone on, no matter how quick i click it, tried a fair few times.

ok found out had to continue holding vol down + home after clicking power,
got that working, but odin cannot not open the serial com..

<ID:0/008> Added!!
<ID:0/008> Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..
<ID:0/008> File analysis..
<ID:0/008> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/008> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/008> Removed!!

running win 7 64 bit by the way

any ideas would be gr8.. again sorry about being a pain, i'll get there

cheers

MarrkDaviid

Mar 30, 2011
Brisbane
You might need to enable USB debugging. Also ensure that the devices drivers have been installed.

'Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging'

Last edited:

rob_edwards

Apr 6, 2012
cheers for all the help, got it working..

one question, anyone have issues not being able to video call on optus network?
and i can only get 3g not 'H' on this phone..

MarrkDaviid

Mar 30, 2011
Brisbane
I have never been a fan of carrier video calling, so don't really know. Did you try using this feature before flashing Team Leader, and did it work?

Just because there is no 'H' logo, this doesn't mean that you aren't getting HSPA+ speeds. I have seen ROMs in the past that do not have the 'H' logo. Have you tried doing a speedtest, to determine whether you are getting the same speeds as before?

claud001

Feb 8, 2012
Having major issues with downloading the TL 1.3 file off either of the above links.
The filefactory link is always busy and the uploading.com link drops out at 38KB every time. Still cant get TL onto the E120s. Any ideas on other options?

claud001

Feb 8, 2012
Thanks mate

Something interesting happened the other day.

Since i bought the e120s ive never been able to use Telstra 3G or Next G. Settings/About Phone/Status has always shown Hutchinson 3G ( which is the 2100Mhz band, and this matches the apparent hardware bands the e120s has been shipped with ) or worse. Ive made a number of forum enquiries as to whether there was a way to change the radio channel/modem to get the Telstra 3G UMTS 850 Mhz band but all responses are its hardware locked, not a software workaround.

So the other day I used Anycut and created a few shortcuts to parts of the phone
System selection: showed ability to search for and select networks- Telstra 3G was present, but within a minute of selecting, it reverted back to H3G ( hutchinson again)
Network Settings/3. Channel setting : showed a number of different modems/radios available for channels 10550-10850. My understanding after review of sites is that this channel range is for the Hutchinson 2100Mhz band. So i though this confirmed the hardware locked issue as noted above.

I work in the outer suburbs, approx, 40K out from the city, and have only even been able to achieve "G" reception ( GPRS ) with the e120s. Repeated speed tests with speedtest.net have only ever achieved a pathetic 0.5 mbs download and even worse upload. This day I selected Channel SKT Pref from "Network Settings/3. Channel setting" and after rebooting the phone I immediately go 3G speeds, clocked at 7-8Mbs!! Ive never been able to achieve these speeds even with my last nokia phone with the same sim card. Settings/About phone/Status showed Telstra UMTS . I assume this is the 850Hz?

Later that day at work I tried the KTF Pref channel and same great speeds and same Telstra network Readings. The next day I tested another channel and everything reverted back to the craps speeds noted previously.

So- have I been using the wrong radio/modem all along? What happened here? How did I get access to this UMTS band?

MarrkDaviid

Mar 30, 2011
Brisbane
That is very strange, it is my understanding that the E120 S/L/K do not support 3G 850MHz, and that this is a hardware restriction, not a software restriction.

If you had the E120K, then this would make a little more sense, as it is compatible with Telstra's new 4G network, despite not being 850MHz Next G compatible.

AL1982

Aug 28, 2010
Hey guys,
Can anyone give more info about this ROM?
Is it ICS or GNGRBRD?
Does it unlock LTE2600 band of e120s?
And please attach screenshots.

Top Liked Posts