[ROM][EXCELLENT BATTERY LIFE] ★★★ -=RESURRECTION=- v2.0 ★★★ [A ROM YOU WILL LOVE]

Search This thread

Il Giulione

Jan 9, 2012
Genoa
Everytime I see this rom I think this could be a great rom!
If you have time to build it I would say to you something you could add the power menù (of course, this is the first modification you have to do), bravia, xloud and beats (every person likes it), replace the kernel and improve the gameplay. If you did this, I would use this rom as my main rom!
The first rom I have flashed on this phone has been the nexusginger from Cricco (androidworld.it) and it was based on v20g too! It was very very performance but Cricco has not updated it since 31 december...Maybe you can give a look ;)

Reactions: abhi29

Kvidli

Jul 18, 2011
This is a stock look rom and it should stay that way, the only thing that should be changed and improved until developer is happy with the rom is it's performance. For everything else there are alot of other roms and themes to choose from.. I love this rom the way it is and hope dhruv can work his magic and make it even better :)

abhi29

Jul 24, 2011
works well and perfect but i face some lags, may be it would be better in next release dhruv thanks very much

creativegeek

May 7, 2011
well since there isn't any update yet, here I want to share some launcher alternatives that can be used in this ROM (I have tested them and so far they work okay). :D

1. Xperia Home (the good thing about this launcher is it's fast animation/transition :D )

download
QBOWS.png
CCvP8.jpg

2. OptimusUI (like Samsung's TouchWiz)

download
bozKP.png
laKGD.png

how to install them:
You need Root Explorer or similar file manager apps those can write to system directory.

1. Copy the .apk and paste it into /system/app -- you'll need to press the button on the top right that says "Mount R/W".

2. Long-press on the newly pasted apk file and select Permissions.

3. Change the permissions to User: Read - Write, Group: Read, Others: Read

4. When you click Okay, you should see "rw-r--r--" in the fine print under the apk name.

5. Click the Mount R/O button, then reboot.

and also, about the notification icon issue, I tried to install the lge-res.apk from this thread and everything works okay so far, except it will remove all the accounts you have ( you can get them back by logging in again to your accounts). Finally we got tidy aligned notification bar icons! :)

wVmfY.png

download

how to install it:
You need Root Explorer or similar file manager apps those can write to system directory.

1. Copy the .apk and paste it into /system/framework -- you'll need to press the button on the top right that says "Mount R/W".

2. Long-press on the newly pasted apk file and select Permissions.

3. Change the permissions to User: Read - Write, Group: Read, Others: Read

4. When you click Okay, you should see "rw-r--r--" in the fine print under the apk name.

5. Click the Mount R/O button, then reboot.

@dhruv.always since I don't know how to cook ROMs, maybe you can include these things above to the next releases :)

so, the only (small) problem is the mms.apk lags, I tried to use CM7's mms.apk (it's lagfree!) but unfortunately I got force close :(

Last edited:
Reactions: thedoginme87

abhikm001

Mar 29, 2012
Pune
Redmi Note 10 Pro
trouble with gtalk

" * All apps which can be download from Google Play Store (Android Market):
* Gmail
* Maps
* youtube
* thinkdroid.apk
* talk
* street view "

:( just found out that google talk ...i dont see it any where :|
The notofications come up regularly ... but the app is missing
dont know whether its a problem that only im having or others too ...

@dhruv : can u plz look into it
Thanks

yuripg1

Oct 9, 2011
Canoas, Brazil
" * All apps which can be download from Google Play Store (Android Market):
* Gmail
* Maps
* youtube
* thinkdroid.apk
* talk
* street view "

:( just found out that google talk ...i dont see it any where :|
The notofications come up regularly ... but the app is missing
dont know whether its a problem that only im having or others too ...

@dhruv : can u plz look into it
Thanks

Gtalk is not available in Play Store and never was so.

Also, the free ThinkFree Office you find on Play Store is different (only viewer).

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA

Reactions: abhikm001
Jun 28, 2011
Belgrade
Guys, I have one question: does anybody else have a problem when unlocking the phone from sleep? I mean when I wake up the phone and try to unlock it there is no reaction on the first touch of the screen and I have to repeat the touch to unlock the phone. Everything else works normally, and this doesn't happen all the time (but some 80% of the unlocks). I had this on completely stock ROM, on Oxygen and now on this ROM. I tried 6-7 different kernels, but without success. It's driving me crazy and this is one of the main reasons I switched ROMs, hoping to eliminate the problem, but unfortunately this is the only thing that doesn't change :( Please, tell me if there is a fix for this, or this problem is unavoidable on our phone, and is something I have to live with.

predragiPredrag

Jan 8, 2012
Guys, I have one question: does anybody else have a problem when unlocking the phone from sleep? I mean when I wake up the phone and try to unlock it there is no reaction on the first touch of the screen and I have to repeat the touch to unlock the phone. Everything else works normally, and this doesn't happen all the time (but some 80% of the unlocks). I had this on completely stock ROM, on Oxygen and now on this ROM. I tried 6-7 different kernels, but without success. It's driving me crazy and this is one of the main reasons I switched ROMs, hoping to eliminate the problem, but unfortunately this is the only thing that doesn't change :( Please, tell me if there is a fix for this, or this problem is unavoidable on our phone, and is something I have to live with.

I have same problem when I restart phone... But that only lasts for 10sec until everything loads :) Strange indeed... funny thing is that I didn't have that problem before roting :)

creativegeek

May 7, 2011
here I found Mms.apk from v20i stock ROM's which is far smoother than v20G one.
If you want to install it, just replace the original Mms.apk in system/app (to know how to install system app, see the posts in the former pages by me).

@dhruv.always maybe you can include it in the next releases.

here you can download it. Enjoy. :)

irbaaz

Aug 5, 2011
indore
no doubt the rom is better than stock rom with very responsiveness
but sometime it got little laggy and after 2-3 seconds again as same as before:)

Jun 28, 2011
Belgrade
I'm having FD data tracker wakelocks. I thought that was solved? Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't this version be based on V20i which doesn't have this problem? BTW, what version should it read in About phone, mine says V20g. Anyone tried Roq XIII+ kernel with this ROM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Power menu and NO ICS theme!

Hi everyone.
    After searching and searching (I'd seen it a few months ago, just didn't remember where), I finally found what I and others are searching. It's a Power Menu (Reboot and Recovery) based on the v_20_g and with no theme. The only exception is the battery icon which now is circular with percentage on the center.
    I believe this precisely what others are searching for this ROM!
    All credits of this menu goes to PaoloM70!
    Enjoy it!
    * All apps which can be download from Google Play Store (Android Market):
    * Gmail
    * Maps
    * youtube
    * thinkdroid.apk
    * talk
    * street view

You cant get the lg Thinkfree office app from the market, the one that comes with stock Rom is both viewer and editor and is locked to Optimus p500s.

Here is the most recent version taken directly from the 2.3 stock rom.
    Dhruv you are best. You have given us 11 ROMS. :p:p:p:pCan you believe is 11 ROM. :confused::confused::confused::confused: MY goodness....:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    try it now.. will tell more about battery (fast dormancy wake locks) tomorrow ...

edit: notification-bar symbols are ugly in this stock-rom (gps and wifi buttons look blurry)...

Edit 2: FD bug is still here.. phone doesnt sleep... checked with better battery stats.. fd-tracker has lots of wake locks
    Oh no..... :(((((((((((((( There is no russian language? ((((