Smart Dock Arrived Today!

Search This thread

meatlocker

Jul 29, 2007
FL
I mentioned in another thread a couple of days ago that Verizon had the Smart Dock, and that it was shipping. Came today, and all I can say is...WOW. I am running Jedi, and the orientation is landscape, NOT portrait as claimed elsewhere...I added no new app to automatically change this, so it is either baked in to the ROM or in Nova. Either way, it is badass. Get one.

hausman

May 22, 2006
Thanks! I'm assuming with a stock rom it'll be portrait, but that's fixable according to at least one video I saw.

Edit: I'm kind of surprised Verizon was the first to get these in an nobody else seems to have them yet. I think people aren't even getting them from Samsung yet.

Last edited:

tfaulk88

Jul 30, 2010
olathe KS
lucky ive been waiting since i heard about these a month ago for samsung to get some in stock seem like they never will.

meatlocker

Jul 29, 2007
FL
Had to use the company Nexus to take these lol.

close.jpg

movie.jpg

appstore.jpg

meatlocker

Jul 29, 2007
FL
Thanks! I'm assuming with a stock rom it'll be portrait, but that's fixable according to at least one video I saw.

Edit: I'm kind of surprised Verizon was the first to get these in an nobody else seems to have them yet. I think people aren't even getting them from Samsung yet.

Yeah, I got tired of waiting. I heard in my other thread (where I was b!tching about the dock not being available yet) that Verizon had them...it was the day before they shipped the Note 2 to their customers. Lo and behold, the order went through and an hour later it was sent via 2nd day delivery. If you don't mind paying full price ($99), they are still in stock at Verizon (or at least they were this morning when I checked).

***EDIT***
200th post! Woo! 5 1/2 years as a member, and I just hit 200. Pathetic. :)

chillaxnphilx

Apr 24, 2010
Im officially jealous. Think it works with a case on the note II?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Judging by the close up picture it looks like there is indeed a case on the sgn2. From what I remember from the videos it has like a spring loaded injection port. I was going to take 50% off at Samsung but I have a feeling that they're just waiting for those coupons to expire.. i may just have to check Verizon tomorrow

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

IamPro

Dec 2, 2010
Can u pick this up in the Verizon store (B&M)? Also do they sell Flip covers?

meatlocker

Jul 29, 2007
FL
Im officially jealous. Think it works with a case on the note II?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Yes! In fact, you can see in the close up pic that I have an official Samsung hard case on mine. They made the dock really cleverly in this regard. The bottom where the phone actually sits is spring-loaded, so it will accommodate a number of case sizes. I'll try to make a video of that.
Also, my boss has the S3, and I heard people theorizing that it should work in the dock. It doesn't, at least not completely. The display out works, but the USB doesn't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

1mile

Nov 16, 2011
Where can I order one. Been looking for it all over

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium

asmanthebell

May 17, 2007
Yeah, I got tired of waiting. I heard in my other thread (where I was b!tching about the dock not being available yet) that Verizon had them...it was the day before they shipped the Note 2 to their customers. Lo and behold, the order went through and an hour later it was sent via 2nd day delivery. If you don't mind paying full price ($99), they are still in stock at Verizon (or at least they were this morning when I checked).

***EDIT***

I know the feeling lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: meatlocker

bignibb

Jul 14, 2010
Why would one buy this as apposed to the Allshare Cast dongle.

Sent from the best phone on the planet, Apple take Note............

meatlocker

Jul 29, 2007
FL
Why would one buy this as apposed to the Allshare Cast dongle.

Sent from the best phone on the planet, Apple take Note............

From what I understand, the dongle is merely a wireless streaming device. The dock charges the phone, allows 3 usb inputs, HDMI, and audio out. Essentially, your Note II turns into a mini desktop computer/media device. I spent the remainder of the day yesterday after it arrived at my office actually doing all of my work on it (emails, web, etc). It worked amazingly well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    120 inches of Note 2 goodness projected on my bedroom wall from the Smart Dock. Sweet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
    I mentioned in another thread a couple of days ago that Verizon had the Smart Dock, and that it was shipping. Came today, and all I can say is...WOW. I am running Jedi, and the orientation is landscape, NOT portrait as claimed elsewhere...I added no new app to automatically change this, so it is either baked in to the ROM or in Nova. Either way, it is badass. Get one.
    Had to use the company Nexus to take these lol.

close.jpg

movie.jpg

appstore.jpg
    Landscape

So, this is interesting. I brought the dock back to work today, plugged just the HDMI in, and the image was portrait (vs the landscape that I had been used to). The screen was also lit up on the phone, which was weird. And then it dawned on me that I hadn't plugged the keyboard or mouse in. So the screen stays on for you to input to the phone. As soon as I plugged the mouse in, the screen shut off, and the image went landscape on my monitor.

Smart, indeed.

***EDIT***