List of headsets with working inline remote

Search This thread

bafforosso

Jan 22, 2013
Urbanears Plattan Headset (39£) : Mic / One Button / No Volume Control (really amazing for the price: high quality and very resistant)

Reactions: Galactus

dennka

Apr 22, 2010
I have Jays a-JAYS One Plus, and for some reason right side is not working, there is a need to hold in specific direction for it to work. I thought, it is an issue with the set, but got new ones exactly same matter, however OEM ones works just fine. Kinda sucks

efato

Nov 21, 2010
Istanbul
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
By so far, klipsch image s4a ii is the best in terms of functionality. For sound quality, it's far better then the stock ones but you know it's a relative issue and you always ask for the best as the nature of a humanbeeing :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium HD app

_Johnito_

May 10, 2009
Paris
OnePlus 11
My 2 cents.

Jays a-JAYS Four- Mic/3 Buttons/No Volume Controls

I have those earbuds and if the mic and its button works well, physical volume buttons are useless in JB 4.2. They have flat cables and sound/comfort is great for the price, but incompatible volume control is a deal breaker for me. I'm looking for ~$60 or less earbuds to replace them (decent sound + volume control + mic + if possible flat cable) and it seems to be nearly mission impossible !

Last edited:

nonyhaha

Oct 24, 2007
Bucharest
i will soon get my logitech ue 500vi.

anyone here got a chance to try any logitech ue 200/220/350/400/500/600 with "vi" termination??

Galactus

Dec 28, 2009
London
By so far, klipsch image s4a ii is the best in terms of functionality. For sound quality, it's far better then the stock ones but you know it's a relative issue and you always ask for the best as the nature of a humanbeeing :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium HD app

They are nice, but there is much better at its price range to be honest. Can't say I'd choose volume controls over sound quality. Still, they are better than the original S4a's in the treble department.

My 2 cents.

Jays a-JAYS Four- Mic/3 Buttons/No Volume Controls

I have those earbuds and if the mic and its button works well, physical volume buttons are useless in JB 4.2. They have flat cables and sound/comfort is great for the price, but incompatible volume control is a deal breaker for me. I'm looking for ~$60 or less earbuds to replace them (decent sound + volume control + mic + if possible flat cable) and it seems to be nearly mission impossible !

Thank you, will be added to the list shortly.

randolph2000

Dec 10, 2008
Manila
I think this one should be on Sticky because it could help us on buying headsets/headphone and avoid the headsets/headphone that don't work with our phones.

I recommend this page to people who are buying new headphone/headsets and know of the functionality works or not.

I hope everyone shares their experience on their headsets/headphone. (if the button works/mic works or not)

^_^x

nonyhaha

Oct 24, 2007
Bucharest
i also vote for this thread to go sticky.

i should let you know that the:

Razer Moray plus work! they have no answer button bit the sound and mic work normally.

also, nobody here had any contact with the logitech headsets i asked about?

Galactus

Dec 28, 2009
London
Wouldn't mind having this stickied for other people to see. Do the SOL Republics have a microphone? if they do then its fine to add them to the list, what works and what doesn't work?

nonyhaha

Oct 24, 2007
Bucharest
Please modify the information. razer moray works well, just that the headset does not have a button. it is made to be used for games only, so no button needed :)

Galactus

Dec 28, 2009
London
Please modify the information. razer moray works well, just that the headset does not have a button. it is made to be used for games only, so no button needed :)

Let me have a look at what I put down, I'm sure I added that the mic does work, but indeed the headset doesn't have any functionality regarding buttons which puts it in a separate class. No volume controls and no play/pause/answer/hang up button.

Theogenes

Mar 19, 2011
Having looked at a LOT of earphones looking for great ones with a mic, I can tell you that with Android it's tough going. I've spoken with a number of custom IEM cable makers about making cables for some of my stuff (Sennheiser IE8 and Klipsch X10 particularly) that has an Android-compatible mic, and have yet to find anyone willing to do it. It seems like our best option at the moment is to use mic adapters with the headsets we like, which has the added benefit of working even with large cans (I've used my Audio Technica adapter [AT-MP100, here] to talk on my Sennheiser HD25i-II and Beyerdynamic T5p before, neither of which has a remote-compatible version to my knowledge). I can't recommend the build quality of the AT though-- it seems really cheap for the $25ish bucks I paid for it, and the sheathing around the 3.55mm plug has started sliding down and coming off, even though I haven't used them much.

Also, it seems the markup for earphones with mics over the same models without is fairly exorbitant. The Klipsch X10 (which is my all-time #1 recommendation to people trying to get into really fantastic sound for the first time, btw) is $111 on Amazon right now, while the mic-included X10i version costs $186. I've seen the difference in price between the two exceed $100 before, which is insanity. Use of an adapter is VASTLY more cost effective, and has the added benefit of working with a number of different headsets.

With that said: although I'm sure this isn't welcome news to anyone, it seems one of the reasons that audio companies and cable makers are so reluctant to use mics is because they degrade the quality of the sound-- and I hear a minor diminunition in the SQ when I use the AT. So while it is a bit of a hassle to have an extra cable (and to leave it unplugged when not in use, only to have to scramble to plug everything in when you're ready to use it), it's also a bit of a backdoor benefit in that if there aren't any mics out yet that don't degrade audio quality (a claim I can't presume to be knowledgeable enough to make, but one that others certainly have), you can listen to your music unimpeded when you'd like, and use the mic adapter when you need to.

Also, it seems that different companies wire their mics differently, so what might work on one headset will sound like crap another one (unless you hold down the talk button in a lot of cases). Meelectronics has some adapters that basically just change the wiring (here) if anybody's having that issue. Pretty great play on their part IMO.

As far as SQ goes on the headsets mentioned, while I think the Meelectronics A151 (I don't have the 'P' version) sounds okay, I don't think it holds a candle to the X10 or the IE8, and for the cost difference, I'd recommend the X10 any day for its excellent sound, solid isolation, and excellent comfort. I've also purchased the V-Moda M80 as a gift twice, and absolutely LOVE those headphones. I know they aren't earphones, and they lack the clarity of the X10s, but they're such great all-arounders that they deserve mention here.

Anyway, I love the idea of this list, and wish more manufacturers would get their acts together and bring us some mics on high-end headphones that work well and don't degrade the quality of the music we love. Until then, I'd settle for a well-made adapter that gets out of the way of the sound and works well enough to be forgotten when not in use. If anybody has any suggestions here, I'm all ears ;)

Hope this helps!! Kudos to the OP for the great thread idea!!

Galactus

Dec 28, 2009
London
Having looked at a LOT of earphones looking for great ones with a mic, I can tell you that with Android it's tough going. I've spoken with a number of custom IEM cable makers about making cables for some of my stuff (Sennheiser IE8 and Klipsch X10 particularly) that has an Android-compatible mic, and have yet to find anyone willing to do it. It seems like our best option at the moment is to use mic adapters with the headsets we like, which has the added benefit of working even with large cans (I've used my Audio Technica adapter [AT-MP100, here] to talk on my Sennheiser HD25i-II and Beyerdynamic T5p before, neither of which has a remote-compatible version to my knowledge). I can't recommend the build quality of the AT though-- it seems really cheap for the $25ish bucks I paid for it, and the sheathing around the 3.55mm plug has started sliding down and coming off, even though I haven't used them much.

Also, it seems the markup for earphones with mics over the same models without is fairly exorbitant. The Klipsch X10 (which is my all-time #1 recommendation to people trying to get into really fantastic sound for the first time, btw) is $111 on Amazon right now, while the mic-included X10i version costs $186. I've seen the difference in price between the two exceed $100 before, which is insanity. Use of an adapter is VASTLY more cost effective, and has the added benefit of working with a number of different headsets.

With that said: although I'm sure this isn't welcome news to anyone, it seems one of the reasons that audio companies and cable makers are so reluctant to use mics is because they degrade the quality of the sound-- and I hear a minor diminunition in the SQ when I use the AT. So while it is a bit of a hassle to have an extra cable (and to leave it unplugged when not in use, only to have to scramble to plug everything in when you're ready to use it), it's also a bit of a backdoor benefit in that if there aren't any mics out yet that don't degrade audio quality (a claim I can't presume to be knowledgeable enough to make, but one that others certainly have), you can listen to your music unimpeded when you'd like, and use the mic adapter when you need to.

Also, it seems that different companies wire their mics differently, so what might work on one headset will sound like crap another one (unless you hold down the talk button in a lot of cases). Meelectronics has some adapters that basically just change the wiring (here) if anybody's having that issue. Pretty great play on their part IMO.

As far as SQ goes on the headsets mentioned, while I think the Meelectronics A151 (I don't have the 'P' version) sounds okay, I don't think it holds a candle to the X10 or the IE8, and for the cost difference, I'd recommend the X10 any day for its excellent sound, solid isolation, and excellent comfort. I've also purchased the V-Moda M80 as a gift twice, and absolutely LOVE those headphones. I know they aren't earphones, and they lack the clarity of the X10s, but they're such great all-arounders that they deserve mention here.

Anyway, I love the idea of this list, and wish more manufacturers would get their acts together and bring us some mics on high-end headphones that work well and don't degrade the quality of the music we love. Until then, I'd settle for a well-made adapter that gets out of the way of the sound and works well enough to be forgotten when not in use. If anybody has any suggestions here, I'm all ears ;)

Hope this helps!! Kudos to the OP for the great thread idea!!

Great info mate and my first option before I started this thread was to find a suitable adapter for my IEMS. However in the UK I haven't come across anything good to be honest. There was a fake dre beats one posted in a similar thread but that seller doesn't post to the UK lol. I'm contemplating buying a set of PFE 122's. Single button is what I'm mainly after since most of the ones on this list with volume controls aren't a step up from what I have already. I'd love to buy the X10's also.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Noticed there was a thread regarding headphones with mics and possibly volume controls but thought it would be a good idea to make a defined list for the S3. I'll add to the list as the thread gets updated but this should hopefully help quite a few people.Prices are mainly from Amazon.co.uk but a few have been from Play.com - Google Shopping Results - Ebay

Anything Highlighted in BLUE writing is known for sounding very good. You can then look online for reviews to see if they fit your taste of music (Bass heavy, Clarity over bass, Best of both and so forth)

It is recommended that you stay away from the IEMS that are coloured with RED writing. Individual problems are written alongside

Tip: Apps such as Headset Droid allow you to configure multiple button presses. A neat idea for single button headset users is to have 3 button presses to raise volume and 4 button presses to lower volume. Obviously it's not as nice as having individual buttons, but in the case of the Sony MH1C, the additional buttons make the headset rather ugly and bulky.

Headsets With Working Mic & Volume Controls

Nocs NS200 - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£44.99]
    Nokia Purity HD In Ear & On Ears - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [On Ears £102.12/In Ears £59.99]
    Samsung EHS-71 - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£80]
    Sony DR-EX102 - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls[£34.99 eBay]
    Sony MH1C - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls/Smart Key DOES NOT WORK [£16.99]
    Sony XBA 1VP - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£69.91]
    Sony XBA 2VP - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£127.65]
    Urbeats - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£32.39]

Headsets With Working Mic & One Button

Brainwavz M5 - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£34.50]
    Etymotics HF2 - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£124.99]
    Jays a-JAYS One Plus - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£39.97]
    iFrogz EarPollution Plugz - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£9.50]
    Jlab Jbuds J5M - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£25.86]
    JVC HA-EBR80 - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£19.99]
    JVC Xtreme Xplosives VARIOUS MODELS - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£16.74]
    Klipsch Image S4A - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£49.90]
    Klipsch Image S4A ii - Mic/Middle Button/No Volume Controls [£89.99]
    Marshall Minor Headphones - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£44.81]
    Meelectronics A161P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£93]
    Meelectronics M11P+ - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£29.99]
    Meelectronics M16P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£18]
    Meelectronics M2P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£20]
    Meelectronics M31P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£28]
    Meelectronics M9P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£16]
    Meelectronics SP51P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£29.99]
    Phillips Citiscape ON EARS - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£39.99]
    Phonak Audeo 022- Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£85.49]
    Phonak Audeo 122- Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£122.36]
    Samsung EHS-60 - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£4]
    Samsung EHS-70 - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£50]
    Sennheiser MM50i - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£39.71]
    Soundmagic E10M - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£34.99]
    Urbanears Bagis - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [23.99]
    Urbanears Plattan ON EARS - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£38.90]
    V-MODA/Crossfade M100 ON EARS - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£270]
    V-MODA/Crossfade M80 ON EARS - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£159.50]
    Zagg Zagg Smartbuds - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£32.12]

Headsets With Working Mic & Middle Button But Volume Controls DO NOT WORK

Klipsch Image X10i - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£132.50]
    RHA - MA450i - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [39.95]
    Sennheiser MM30i - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£35]
    Sennheiser MM70i - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£59.99]
    Sennheiser MX680i - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£30]
    Skullcandy 50/50 2.0 - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£35.99]
    Skullcandy Heavy Medal - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£79.99]
    Skullcandy Heavy Medal 2.0 - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£69.99]
    Ultimate Ears 500 Vi - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£51 eBay]
    V-MODA Remix Remote - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£42.99]

These Headsets Have Limited Functionality - Please Read Individual Descriptions

Aiaiai Capital Headphones - Music can be played/paused with middle button. VOLUME CONTROLS AND MIC DO NOT WORK
    Bose MIE2 - Music can be played and paused with middle button. MIC DOES NOT WORK
    Razer Moray Plus Gaming Headphones - Mic Works and music can be listened to. Controls DO NOT WORK
    Sennheiser IE8i - You can hear people talk. THEY CANNOT HEAR YOU - Using This (Link) Allows you to talk ONLY WHEN HOLDING MIDDLE BUTTON
    Sennheiser Momentum - Music can be played/paused with middle button but will also mute the mic, meaning you must unplug and replug the headset to use the mic. Once you press the middle button the mic will be muted. VOLUME CONTROLS DO NOT WORK
    Sennheiser MM 55i In-Ear Headphones - Music can be played. VOLUME CONTROLS AND MIC DO NOT WORK
    JVC has a whole line of in-ear headphones that work with Android. I personally have a few of them (the Xtreme Xplosives and their Micro HD with metal housing).
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-Xtreme-Xplosives-Headphones-Remote/dp/B0076WQTXC

Sounds good and works well. They even has the green android on the packaging som it is easy to see that they support it.
    Although it is already fairly easy to read, I shall re-order the layout sometime tomorrow
    Bose MIE2 no mic/ no volume/ no one button. Basically they produce sound and that's about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
    Koss iSpark

One button with mic. Works fine with CyanogenMod. Using Jays app the button can be configured to perform multiple functions.