[Depreciated][Player 5]Bluetooth Patch (22/08/12) and Camera (WIP!!!!!) for ICS ROMs

Search This thread
It's been a while since the last update and I'm just curious how you guys are coming along.

Are you down to patching bugs and finding workarounds for bits that won't play nice together? Still trying to figure out how the hardware communicates? Stuck at some step until you can get some more information? Or have you gotten busy with real life issues (bosses, spouses and children can be so demanding :laugh:)

nightfire37

May 26, 2012
Florida
It's been a while since the last update and I'm just curious how you guys are coming along.

Are you down to patching bugs and finding workarounds for bits that won't play nice together? Still trying to figure out how the hardware communicates? Stuck at some step until you can get some more information? Or have you gotten busy with real life issues (bosses, spouses and children can be so demanding :laugh:)

they moved onto CM10 because its the latest android build.

A

arceusg

CM10.1 is the latest build. But we need a better 3.x kernel before we can attempt at building that for ourselves. I still don't quite get why we can't use Jackpot's old, buggy 3.0 kernel for a CM10.1 preview.

Mevordel

Apr 24, 2012
Re: [WIP][Player 5]Bluetooth Patch (22/08/12) and Camera (WIP!!!!!) for ICS ROMs

CM10.1 is the latest build. But we need a better 3.x kernel before we can attempt at building that for ourselves. I still don't quite get why we can't use Jackpot's old, buggy 3.0 kernel for a CM10.1 preview.

We could if I spent a few hours on it tomorrow. But until now, I haven't had time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

A

arceusg

Also, it would be nice to see fully-functioning ICS. You know, incorporate the camera fix from JB into Jackpot's HW acceleration ICS ROM. This is low-priority though, our devs have precious little time. :)

joemhewitt

Jul 6, 2012
Re: [WIP][Player 5]Bluetooth Patch (22/08/12) and Camera (WIP!!!!!) for ICS ROMs

Also, it would be nice to see fully-functioning ICS. You know, incorporate the camera fix from JB into Jackpot's HW acceleration ICS ROM. This is low-priority though, our devs have precious little time. :)

I agree, I would like to see fully functional ICS way more than partly functional JB and partly functional ICS. Although it depends what the developers want to do and what the developers can do.

Sent from my ZX Spectrum

An1mus

Oct 21, 2012
Nassau

I agree, I would like to see fully functional ICS way more than partly functional JB and partly functional ICS. Although it depends what the developers want to do and what the developers can do.

Sent from my ZX Spectrum

From my understanding everyone's focusing on 10.1 which is more important than ICS in my opinion

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda premium

Paro007

Nov 15, 2012
R: [WIP][Player 5]Bluetooth Patch (22/08/12) and Camera (WIP!!!!!) for ICS ROMs

My friend working to cm10.1 ;)

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 con Tapatalk 2

A

arceusg

To clarify, I would like to see 10.1 rather than ICS fully-functional. Even though a completely stable version past official Samsung updates would be a nice achievement that we are close to, new development always makes me appreciate this little piece of plastic a whole lot more. And helps me hold out for a Nexus 10 and not just give in to the urge to buy the less expensive N7. XD

Last edited:

augiem94

Aug 7, 2012
Deering
So whats the reason the bluetooth patch wont work for CM10.1? Just curious :).

Sent From My USA Galaxy Player 5.0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bluetooth has been fixed in 4.2.x. Please refer to the new camera thread for current development on fixing the camera: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42095519#post42095519

Bluetooth Fix and Camera Fix thread for ICS ROMs for the Galaxy S Wifi 5.0/Player 5

Bluetooth has been fixed. Camera fix is a WORK IN PROGRESS
    depreciated
    Bluetooth Working on:

Bluetooth Not yet working on:
    • ICS Crumble 1.6
    • AOKP? - Still untested. If you are intersted in testing please PM me

Download:

Bluetooth Patch

Installation Instructions
    1. Flash an ICS rom - RemICS-UX v1.3.3 and the modified version of JackpotClavin's rom already have bluetooth
    2. Flash the zip file
    3. Reboot and turn on bluetooth
    4. Profit :D

Thanks
    • gmillz
    • Ratchewer
    • Team Remics
    • Google
    • CyanogenMod Team (Crespo and Galaxy S MTD)
    • Team Hacksung
    i know that this forum dont like this kind of questions but is the camera project is close to end?i just wanna know if to flash to an ics rom because i need the camera.
    im not rushing or anything i just wanna know so i will decide to flash ics rom or not.if the project gonna be end long time from now i will stay with the GB

Tbh I have no idea when it will be fixed. All I can say is the camera will be fixed once some devs get around to fixing it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
    I tried RemixICS UX 1.3.3 on my US GPlayer 5.0 and Bluetooth does indeed pair with my Jabra Clipper, but sound doesn't come through it but the external speakers.

It's a common issue?

Thank you.

From my GNote. That's all.

Yeah it seems that music streaming to a Bluetooth headset doesn't work atm. I'll see what I can do about it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
    I have tested the Bluetooth patch alongside of ICS Crumble, and unfortunately it is still unresponsive. But, don't give up. I am confident that you can patch it for AOKP. You have done what no other has. Thanks to you, CM9 is that much more functional with Bluetooth.

Do I see a camera patch in the near future? ;)

Yeah I already tested it on ICS Crumble. I'll try and find a way to make it work on AOKP. Regarding the camera I have a rough idea in my head of what I could try to get it to work, so it is possible. I know gmillz is also trying to get the camera to work
    So its down to two missing things with our ICS.... Great job dude! How did you manage to not break other stuff though?

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda app-developers app

I think the way JackpotClavin's rom was modified didn't work with other roms so I had to modify some files slightly to get it to work. Just trial and error really

I'm fixing the device tree and vendor files. Then I'll update my rom and push to github. Thanks again

Awesome!

On a side note, I know why the camera is broken but I don't know how to fix it. I've told gmillz about my suspicions and we will be working on trying to get it working