Someone Please Help Because Moto Support is a Joke

Search This thread

seanyuan62

Oct 2, 2010
Okay guys so here's the story. I bought an Unlocked 32 gb (T-Mobile) Moto X from Motomaker. I was told multiple times that you could unlock the bootloader. And that the phone is the same as the T-Mobile model. When I tried to unlock it I got the device is not eligible for bootloader unlock message. Can anyone tell me I'm stupid and the Unlocked Moto X cannot be bootloader unlocked? What is the deal here??

Here's a good joke (the guy refused to believe that bootloader unlock and SIM unlock were different):
ddddddddd.png

Yes I sound a little rude if you just look at this but this is about the 4th time I was having this exact same back and forth with this rep (third rep I tried)

seanyuan62

Oct 2, 2010
Just go to Motorola website and follow the steps to get your bootloader unlocked. Sometimes you need to wait a few weeks or so to be eligible for unlock

Sent from Moto X

I did follow the steps but when I input my get_unlock_data, the moto website tells me that it isnt eligible. Really hoping that I just need to wait a few weeks or so for it to be eligible. But isnt it just checking my device id aka that it is in fact a xt1053? Why should that take a week. Thank you for you reply though this gives me hope.

If it matters (I don't think it should) I took the ota to 4.4.3 right after I took it out of the box.

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Okay guys so here's the story. I bought an Unlocked 32 gb (T-Mobile) Moto X from Motomaker. I was told multiple times that you could unlock the bootloader. And that the phone is the same as the T-Mobile model. When I tried to unlock it I got the device is not eligible for bootloader unlock message. Can anyone tell me I'm stupid and the Unlocked Moto X cannot be bootloader unlocked? What is the deal here??

Here's a good joke (the guy refused to believe that bootloader unlock and SIM unlock were different):
View attachment 2793286

Yes I sound a little rude if you just look at this but this is about the 4th time I was having this exact same back and forth with this rep (third rep I tried)

@Mont is correct. Just keep trying. The moto unlock site can be 'glitchy' at times.

Just FYI. The only time I needed help with the X, I called Moto support rather than chatting. I don't know if this is typical -- but I quickly got an ENGLISH-SPEAKING representative who was fairly knowledgeable. If you do have to contact them again, you might consider calling instead of chatting.

Good Luck

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

I did follow the steps but when I input my get_unlock_data, the moto website tells me that it isnt eligible. Really hoping that I just need to wait a few weeks or so for it to be eligible. But isnt it just checking my device id aka that it is in fact a xt1053? Why should that take a week. Thank you for you reply though this gives me hope.

If it matters (I don't think it should) I took the ota to 4.4.3 right after I took it out of the box.

You having taken the OTA does not matter. If your phone IS an XT1053, it is 100% eligible for unlock. Just make absolutely sure you copied/pasted the unlock data correctly, and assembled it into a single string of characters as instructed.

You might try again once a day. It WILL go through eventually. If we didn't already have several reports of people having this same exact issue (and having to re-try again and again), I might suspect that there is a problem.....but given the reports, I would advise to just keep trying.

seanyuan62

Oct 2, 2010
@Mont is correct. Just keep trying. The moto unlock site can be 'glitchy' at times.

Just FYI. The only time I needed help with the X, I called Moto support rather than chatting. I don't know if this is typical -- but I quickly got an ENGLISH-SPEAKING representative who was fairly knowledgeable. If you do have to contact them again, you might consider calling instead of chatting.

Good Luck

Thank you so much guys. I will keep trying. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy and I was correct that I SHOULD be able to unlock the bootloader. Appreciate the help-hope you guys got a good laugh out of the rep who thought my phone didnt have a bootloader

kzoodroid

Jun 27, 2010
Kalamazoo

View attachment 2793286

The instructions for cutting and pasting the code generated in the cmd window on the motorola website kept leading to the same not eligible message for me too and deleting the spaces didn't help. What I did was to cut and paste the code from the cmd screen into wordpad first, then make it one long string, then cut and paste that into the motorola website and it then worked.

aim1126

Nov 9, 2009
I did the chat today because to ask them about a discount coupon that I had when trying to order the 64gb just to have they guy tell me that there's no such thing as a 64gb moto x

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

XAlexander_AlexanderX

May 8, 2012

View attachment 2793286

you have to be careful how you put in the code from the adb command. that's what happened to me. try and format it accordingly like the example given. ex. copy and paste to wordpad and remove any indents or (boot loader) . good luck.

Sent from my fingers to your face