Compile Error

Search This thread

cjhmdm

Apr 23, 2010
Philippines
I'm attempting to build omni rom from source on my mac for my galaxy note 2 N7100 and ran into the following error:

Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/samsung/smdk4412-common/proprietary/system/lib/libExynosHWCService.so', needed by `/Volumes/android/omnirom/out/target/product/n7100/system/lib/libExynosHWCService.so'.  Stop.

I ran through all the steps again to make sure I didn't miss anything, but no luck.

Any ideas? Thanks

FYI, I created an omnirom.xml inside the local_manifests folder, here are the contents:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <remote  name="omnirom"
           review="gerrit.omnirom.org"
           fetch="https://github.com/omnirom" />
  <project path="device/samsung/n7100" name="android_device_samsung_n7100" remote="omnirom" revision="android-4.4"/>
  <project path="device/samsung/smdk4412-common" name="android_device_samsung_smdk4412-common" remote="omnirom" revision="android-4.4"/>
  <project path="hardware/samsung" name="android_hardware_samsung" remote="omnirom" revision="android-4.4"/>
  <project path="kernel/samsung/smdk4412" name="android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412" remote="omnirom" revision="android-4.4"/>
</manifest>

EDIT: I went through the process again and came across the following error from extract-files.sh:
Code:
remote object '/system/lib/libExynosHWCService.so' does not exist

I currently have omni-4.4.2-20140428-n7100-NIGHTLY.zip installed.

Last edited:

cjhmdm

Apr 23, 2010
Philippines
Last edited:

FrodgE

Aug 27, 2010
Melbourne
Hi, I'm a bit new to this so trying to figure out how to add this repo. Would you mind giving an example? Thanks

Also, I searched the repo and the file libExynosHWCService.so doesn't exist so I'm not sure it would help me.

Can you find the file '/system/lib/libExynosHWCService.so' on your phone ? The script uses "adb pull ..." to retrieve these proprietary files from your handset, so it first needs to exist on your device (it will) and secondly adb needs to be functional. (for what it's worth, you'll also find that file in the nightly zip but you don't want it).

To start with can you do simple things like:
adb devices
adb shell

Is your path setup correctly and pointing to the SDK ?

There are instructions for "configuring USB access" over at the android developers site.
http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html

I have this configured on my machine, but I honestly can't remember if I did this manually or if it was done automagically during the initial repo setup.

cjhmdm

Apr 23, 2010
Philippines
Can you find the file '/system/lib/libExynosHWCService.so' on your phone ? The script uses "adb pull ..." to retrieve these proprietary files from your handset, so it first needs to exist on your device (it will) and secondly adb needs to be functional. (for what it's worth, you'll also find that file in the nightly zip but you don't want it).

To start with can you do simple things like:
adb devices
adb shell

Is your path setup correctly and pointing to the SDK ?

There are instructions for "configuring USB access" over at the android developers site.
http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html

I have this configured on my machine, but I honestly can't remember if I did this manually or if it was done automagically during the initial repo setup.

Hello, thanks for taking the time to reply. My build environment is setup and configured correctly. All of my paths are correct, etc.

In searching my device, which is running omni-4.4.2-20140428-n7100-NIGHTLY.zip, the file libExynosHWCService.so doesn't exist, nor does the 'binary' version exist in the rom zip file.

UtkarshGupta

Nov 17, 2012
New Delhi
Hello, thanks for taking the time to reply. My build environment is setup and configured correctly. All of my paths are correct, etc.

In searching my device, which is running omni-4.4.2-20140428-n7100-NIGHTLY.zip, the file libExynosHWCService.so doesn't exist, nor does the 'binary' version exist in the rom zip file.

Just add DonkeyCoyote repo as mentioned above and build.
BTW, omnirom remote is already configured by default, you don't need to do it in local manifest.

chasmodo

Dec 28, 2011
Novi Sad
Code:
<remote fetch="https://github.com/DonkeyCoyote" name="donkey" />
<project name="proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="donkey" revision="android-4.4" />

2DC

Sep 14, 2011
Code:
<remote fetch="https://github.com/DonkeyCoyote" name="donkey" />
<project name="proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="donkey" revision="android-4.4" />

I'm attempting to build omni rom from source on my mac for my galaxy note 2 N7100 and ran into the following error:

Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/samsung/smdk4412-common/proprietary/system/lib/libExynosHWCService.so', needed by `/Volumes/android/omnirom/out/target/product/n7100/system/lib/libExynosHWCService.so'.  Stop.

I ran through all the steps again to make sure I didn't miss anything, but no luck.

Any ideas? Thanks

FYI, I created an omnirom.xml inside the local_manifests folder, here are the contents:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <remote  name="omnirom"
           review="gerrit.omnirom.org"
           fetch="https://github.com/omnirom" />
  <project path="device/samsung/n7100" name="android_device_samsung_n7100" remote="omnirom" revision="android-4.4"/>
  <project path="device/samsung/smdk4412-common" name="android_device_samsung_smdk4412-common" remote="omnirom" revision="android-4.4"/>
  <project path="hardware/samsung" name="android_hardware_samsung" remote="omnirom" revision="android-4.4"/>
  <project path="kernel/samsung/smdk4412" name="android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412" remote="omnirom" revision="android-4.4"/>
</manifest>

EDIT: I went through the process again and came across the following error from extract-files.sh:
Code:
remote object '/system/lib/libExynosHWCService.so' does not exist

I currently have omni-4.4.2-20140428-n7100-NIGHTLY.zip installed.

Hello, I'm trying to build a LineageOS rom for Meizu PRO5 which has a similar chipset as Samsung Galaxy S6/Note5, I also encounter a similar error with libExynosHWCService, which says:

Code:
make: *** No rule to make target /home/user/los/system/out/target/product/m86/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libExynosHWCService_intermediates/export_includes', needed by 'home/user/system/out/target/product/m86/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsurfaceflinger_intermediates/import_includes'. Stop.

Can you please advise and help? I both have these libraries in the vendor folders for both /lib and /lib64 and currently stuck here. Thanks in advance!