Link to other ROMs for Advent Vega Tablet

Search This thread

phfaty

Nov 20, 2009
new york
Guys,

Looks like the folks at the Modaco Advent Vega tablet forum are also using the VeganTab version of the ROM for our Gtablets. Would any of the ROMs on their rom download page also work on our Gtablets?

Here is the link: http://android.modaco.com/content/a...6486/advent-vega-rom-software-updates-guides/

Anyone know if any of these Vega roms would work on the gtablet without modifications? Looks like they're also using the Vegan rom that the developers here made for the Gtablet.

Last edited:

clemsyn

Sep 19, 2006
Guys,

Looks like the folks at the Modaco Advent Vega tablet forum are also using the VeganTab version of the ROM for our Gtablets. Would any of the ROMs on their rom download page also work on our Gtablets?

Here is the link: http://android.modaco.com/content/a...6486/advent-vega-rom-software-updates-guides/

Anyone know if any of these Vega roms would work on the gtablet without modifications? Looks like they're also using the Vegan rom that the developers here made for the Gtablet.

I just tried Big Ideas ROM in our Gpad...It works but its all in chinese, have to set language to english and wifi is broken. Other than that everything seems to be fine. Had to build a boot.img though coz the included boot.img wont work.

UPDATE:

Figured out how to change language from Chinese to ENglish and did a wifi patch. Everything is functional so far. Will do further testing and might release Big Ideas ROM for our GPAD. BTW, its pretty snappy :)

Last edited:

proengin

Dec 18, 2006
Have been using the the Big-ideas variations since 1202 on my Zpad. Have had no issues with wifi, lag and market. What I did was NVFlash Big Ideas ROM then made a GAPPS update with update.script to delete all Chinese apps then pushed the Google apps. This has been working out quite well.

I guess what Rothnic proposed about using Big-ideas as a base then add Vegan stuffs is heading in the right direction.

roebeet

Jul 15, 2010
Pennsylvania
Rom 1.06.05 (VEGA) is the base foundation for VEGAn beta 4/5, FYI. A lot of this is intermingled.

I do like that link, as they seem to update it frequently.

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Hi.

Has anybody tired the Nvidia Tegra Updates on the advent vega. Interesting to see if it makes any improvements to are great device.

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
I will give one a go. Which one should i try ganjaman ?

I would try update 3. Be careful it says use at you own risk! Not sure if they are any newer than what we already have. i was just curious. Try taking a quadrant score before and after, see if it makes a difference. I admire your courage :)

remlap

Oct 23, 2003
Wales
You mean the zTab file manager ?

http://www.mediafire.com/?aoc2vt4d44y1do0

Credits go to rvdgeer over on MoDaCo - he extracted the apk form the system.img

I use it and prefer it to the Vega stock iFileManager

I gave it a try awhile back sadly the USB key button was not functional of course. Simply clicking the USB key button in iFileManager makes it much easier, even if the translation is sometimes appalling

debs626

Mar 30, 2010
Yorkshire
I gave it a try awhile back sadly the USB key button was not functional of course. Simply clicking the USB key button in iFileManager makes it much easier, even if the translation is sometimes appalling

I worked around that issue by just simply making my usb system file a favorite which then gave me a direct link.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I LOVE BIG IDEAS ROM!!! I'm building a Vanilla version and might upload it tomorrow after testing it