How to Debrand Nokia Lumia 710

Search This thread

sutt359

Oct 23, 2006
In WP Land
Hi guys i know this is the 800 section but i thought would put it here until its moved by admin

Tools needed
Nokia Care Suite 5.0.0 (2011.51.2) http://www.seidea.com/2011/12/28/nokia-care-suite-5-0-2011-51-2-63048/
NaviFirm Plus - http://www.symbian-toys.com/navifirm.aspx

Once you have installed Nokia care suite, install the drivers package for your version of windows - Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Drivers WinUSB Drivers x86 or x64

Download the Firmware needed from Navifirm should be about 12 files.

1. Launch Nokia Care Suite and open Product Support Tool.
2. Disconnect all phones from the computer and Turn the phone off
3. Select No connection from the connection drop-down menu.
4. From File menu select Open Product.
5. Search for 710 and click Open. RM-803
6. Now connect the phone with it tunred off, it will restart and be detected by the care suite

With the files you downloaded from Navifirm put them in
C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\ create a folder called Rm-803 if its not there

Now you need to rename the product codes of .dcp / .bin / vpl files to match your device code found on the right of nokia care suite product support tool.

Now the files are in place click programming from the tool bar and select refurbish.

Job Done.

I hold no responsibility if you screw your phone up.

Last edited:

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
Nicely done. It might be worth including product codes for unbranded models in the guide, would help people pick the right thing from the huge list in Navifirm.

sutt359

Oct 23, 2006
In WP Land
I would be there all day as each country has Black and white devices.

You need to pick the firmware with Country Variant, The country you are in and what colour phone you have. There is no Country Variant for the UK yet with the latest 1600.3013.8107.11502 package in NaviFirm but you can download the older version 1600.3007.7740.11465

UK Black Product code 059N2L6
Germany Black Product code 059M5M0
France Black Product code 059N519
Italy Black Product code 059N0V8
Netherlands Black Product code 059N1Q9
Spain Black Product code 059N1M7

Last edited:
Reactions: dpaguero

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
Fair enough, that would take a while, although I suspect no-one is going to care if they flash their phone with black or white variant, what difference can it make anyway?

sutt359

Oct 23, 2006
In WP Land
I don't think it makes any difference, maybe Nokia have put some different themes in to match the colour of the phone.

omlets

Feb 11, 2012
There's no country variant for Canada. What happens if I flash the phone with a with say a UK firmware?

sutt359, are you sure the latest package is 1600.3013.8107.11505? Mine shows 1600.3013.8107.11502.

Reactions: sutt359

omlets

Feb 11, 2012
Canadian centric things, eh? I wonder what UK centric things I would find if I flashed with UK software.

csmith177

Feb 2, 2011
Hi, im still kinda green to this whole thing (especially to wp7) and do not know how the thanks meter works, I do want to give thanks to sutt359 for this info. I think it will come in handy :)

sutt359

Oct 23, 2006
In WP Land
There's no country variant for Canada. What happens if I flash the phone with a with say a UK firmware?

sutt359, are you sure the latest package is 1600.3013.8107.11505? Mine shows 1600.3013.8107.11502.

I wouldnt risk flashing a UK version as the radios will be different and may brick the phone. Infact i cant see any US/Canadian roms.

Do you know what bands your network works on? Could you let me know your raido software and hardware versions from about phone.

Last edited:

sutt359

Oct 23, 2006
In WP Land
Anyone tried this yet?

My phone is on o2 UK but is branded Three. It's only the boot logo though, they've not messed about with anything else so I'm not too bothered.

If you wanted to you could brand it to o2, 1600.3013.8107.11502 using code 059N3C2.

If you want the debrand uk firmware then you will have to use 1600.3007.7740.11465 code 059N2L6. If you use that when the new firmware is out from nokia it will be pushed via zune.

Reactions: BlitterTwisted

eblend

Feb 15, 2012
Does deranding allow the Wifi hotspot feature to be available? It is currently not available on the Rogers variant

omlets

Feb 11, 2012
I wouldnt risk flashing a UK version as the radios will be different and may brick the phone. Infact i cant see any US/Canadian roms.

Do you know what bands your network works on? Could you let me know your raido software and hardware versions from about phone.

Didn't realize there was a second page in this thread, lol.

Yeah whats up with the lack of North American roms. And you're right; on second thought, I probably shouldn't flash with non-North American roms. Just in case.

EDIT: I saw some people on here importing the 800 from online UK stores and using it in Canada a couple weeks ago. Oh well, I'll wait for bit.

Last edited:

anseio

Oct 11, 2011
Seattle
Didn't realize there was a second page in this thread, lol.

Yeah whats up with the lack of North American roms. And you're right; on second thought, I probably shouldn't flash with non-North American roms. Just in case.

EDIT: I saw some people on here importing the 800 from online UK stores and using it in Canada a couple weeks ago. Oh well, I'll wait for bit.

You can flash any ROM you want. You won't brick the phone.

I'm on an imported UK Cyan Lumia 800. Several of us have been waiting for the North American ROM to see if it would free up the 850 3G band. I flashed both Black and Magenta ROMs for RM-819 and it didn't change affect the radios.

It's hard to brick a Nokia when you're just flashing other ROMs of the same model#.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys i know this is the 800 section but i thought would put it here until its moved by admin

Tools needed
    Nokia Care Suite 5.0.0 (2011.51.2) http://www.seidea.com/2011/12/28/nokia-care-suite-5-0-2011-51-2-63048/
    NaviFirm Plus - http://www.symbian-toys.com/navifirm.aspx

Once you have installed Nokia care suite, install the drivers package for your version of windows - Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Drivers WinUSB Drivers x86 or x64

Download the Firmware needed from Navifirm should be about 12 files.

1. Launch Nokia Care Suite and open Product Support Tool.
    2. Disconnect all phones from the computer and Turn the phone off
    3. Select No connection from the connection drop-down menu.
    4. From File menu select Open Product.
    5. Search for 710 and click Open. RM-803
    6. Now connect the phone with it tunred off, it will restart and be detected by the care suite

With the files you downloaded from Navifirm put them in
    C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\ create a folder called Rm-803 if its not there

Now you need to rename the product codes of .dcp / .bin / vpl files to match your device code found on the right of nokia care suite product support tool.

Now the files are in place click programming from the tool bar and select refurbish.

Job Done.

I hold no responsibility if you screw your phone up.
    How to effectively remove the demo content from a Nokia Lumia

Finally, it worked!
    I've downloaded a non-retail ROM with NaviFirm, and installed it with Nokia Care, and now the demo content is gone!
    Anyone wanting to know how to do this:
    1) run a search in this forum for links to download Nokia Care Suite and naviFirm
    2) use NaviFirm to search and download the ROM for your device: Lumia 710: RM-803 and Lumia 800: RM-801 (do a serch on this forum just to be sure which RM you should download for your device/country).
    3) if you see several ROMs for a given country, as @Anseio wisely suggested above, download any of them that DON'T say RETAIL on it.
    Also try to find a carrier-free ROM. You'll see some of them are labeled Vodafone, Movistar, T-Mobile, etc.. I haven't tried flashing with one of those so I don't know if they have demo content or not, try to avoid them just in case.
    Stick with the ROMs labeled "Country Variant", non-retail, carrier-free, and for your country (or some country in your own language)

Note: Even if it's not for your particular country that's listed in the Country Variant (I'm from Argentina and downloaded a version for Spain) get one that matches your language at least, or just go with english (I think there's a Country Variant for UK.. I would suggest trying that one). Also, don't worry if the device's color in the ROM description doesn't matches your own. I have a white lumia 710 and installed a ROM that said "black".

4) Once the ROM is downloaded (mostly around 350mb), see this guide for instructions on how to flash your device with that ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1457341 using Nokia Care Suite.

It takes less than 5 minutes to flash the device and have the demo content gone!.
    Let me know by PM if you need further help.
    Good luck!
    I would be there all day as each country has Black and white devices.

You need to pick the firmware with Country Variant, The country you are in and what colour phone you have. There is no Country Variant for the UK yet with the latest 1600.3013.8107.11502 package in NaviFirm but you can download the older version 1600.3007.7740.11465

UK Black Product code 059N2L6
    Germany Black Product code 059M5M0
    France Black Product code 059N519
    Italy Black Product code 059N0V8
    Netherlands Black Product code 059N1Q9
    Spain Black Product code 059N1M7

Is safe to downgrade from official 7.10.8858.136 to qualcomm bootloader?
    Sorry if I posted this on the wrong place I'm new here.

I executed the installation of Qualcomm BL + Rataplan V9.1 Full yesterday and all gone well.

Important is to have necessary tools and read the instructions, there are many step by step examples around the NET.

Good Luck,

Marco