How do i restore to stock?

Search This thread

Pika007

Jun 22, 2010
Hi
I Just got myself an optimus G, whoever i got it from forgot to tell me the device is rooted and is running another rom, not the stock.
Anyone knows how do i restore to stock?

I found what supposedly is some version of the stock rom-
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2067871
but now i see i need cwm for it. which i currently don't have.

So i searched further and found this-
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1979996

Which is perfect for my needs, but- "read the instructions!"
I would, if there were any. I'm not saying anything and everything should include a mountainload of details and steps, but it would be helpful if some of the threads here would include a line or two of explenation for LG noobies. I see people tell others "use fastboot" as it's a given. I have no idea what that even means, and searching did not help much as well...

Any help would be appreciated, i need to get this stock asap, supposed to be a gift.
Thanks.

Reactions: Fidelio_o

MrZim4

Feb 28, 2011
If you're running another rom shouldnt you have a custom recovery?
And if you just want to start fresh go to free node irc channel #lg-optimus-g and at the top is a link for lgnpst just follow the guide there

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Pika007

Jun 22, 2010
I have no idea how they did it, but when i boot up there's a startup similat to the nexus. On the other hand, the rom still says "AT&T" and the LG UI is present+it's rooted
Hopping on to the IRC. i already have LGNPST an the .TOT file, just need whatever DLL's that are mentioned...

MrZim4

Feb 28, 2011
I haven't actually used the guide but I'm not in a state to guide anyone through the process at the moment so I will just say follow the guide as well as you can. If I remember right that's the automated version so it should set everything up for you, but I've never used that one so I'm unsure. If you have questions ask in irc or wait till about noon and ask. There's usually a lot of people on at that time

Pika007

Jun 22, 2010
Thanks.
I actually got everything and the instructions, only problem is that the damn thing won't go into download mode (unless the fastboot thingy IS download mode, but then i don't know why LGPNST doesn't recognize it...)

MrZim4

Feb 28, 2011
Try to unplug it, turn it off, hold volume up and down then plug it in and tap the power button

Reactions: Pika007

Pika007

Jun 22, 2010
Wored, phone flashed to stock.
This really isn't hard, why isn't there a step by step walkthrough on a sticky over here? i think i'll just make one for other lost souls.

Nastybutler

Nov 18, 2012
Anchorage
Wored, phone flashed to stock.
This really isn't hard, why isn't there a step by step walkthrough on a sticky over here? i think i'll just make one for other lost souls.

I think the reason why is because LGNPST is copyrighted software which means XDA doesn't want to provide access to as they'd be violating the DMCA as well as risking pissing off LG who's software it is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

donharden2002

Nov 25, 2010
Pittsburgh
LGNPST

I have no idea how they did it, but when i boot up there's a startup similat to the nexus. On the other hand, the rom still says "AT&T" and the LG UI is present+it's rooted
Hopping on to the IRC. i already have LGNPST an the .TOT file, just need whatever DLL's that are mentioned...

Would it be possible to send me the link for LGNPST please?

MrPlNK

Aug 11, 2012
Gaithersburg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi
    I Just got myself an optimus G, whoever i got it from forgot to tell me the device is rooted and is running another rom, not the stock.
    Anyone knows how do i restore to stock?

I found what supposedly is some version of the stock rom-
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2067871
    but now i see i need cwm for it. which i currently don't have.

So i searched further and found this-
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1979996

Which is perfect for my needs, but- "read the instructions!"
    I would, if there were any. I'm not saying anything and everything should include a mountainload of details and steps, but it would be helpful if some of the threads here would include a line or two of explenation for LG noobies. I see people tell others "use fastboot" as it's a given. I have no idea what that even means, and searching did not help much as well...

Any help would be appreciated, i need to get this stock asap, supposed to be a gift.
    Thanks.
    Try to unplug it, turn it off, hold volume up and down then plug it in and tap the power button