[Q] I need help reinstalling Android on Generic Tablet

Search This thread

HuktOnFawnixx

Mar 14, 2014
Ok, so I'm an amateur Android root hacker and I was trying to install a DL'd Android file (volt) to swap external SD to internal phone staorage. I messed up. Now the tablet will not boot, as it gets stuck in the logo screen. I have tried ALL reset methods including recovery mode. When I try to select recovery mode, it only gives "NO" as as an option to factory reset. I have read online that I may be able to boot Android from an Micro SD card but this is where I get stumped. Can I use ANY 4.2.2 build, or is it device specific? If so, how do i find my build on a generic tablet such as mine? Here is what I can tell you about my tablet. It is a Tagital 9" A23 running 4.2.2. Here is title to the exact tablet on Amazon that may include some useful information. I can;t post the direct link because of my NEWB status.

Tagital® 9" Android 4.2.2 A23 Dual Core Dual Camera Tablet PC Play Store Pre-installed (Enhanced Version of A13)

As you can see, I'm only into the device for $75, but I would not only enjoy a working tablet, but also a solution to the original issue of partioned internal storage being all out of whack (502mb for device storage and then 4.8gb available, partitioned internal storage, not being used).

I apologize in advance if this is not the correct area to post, but I am a newbie. Please help!

Apr 6, 2011
Yikes. Sounds like you made a brick. I'd recommend looking for support via the manufacturer web site some have stock Roms for devices. Did you see if anyone had a thread here for that device? Good luck. :eek:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

HuktOnFawnixx

Mar 14, 2014
Crap...

Yikes. Sounds like you made a brick. I'd recommend looking for support via the manufacturer web site some have stock Roms for devices. Did you see if anyone had a thread here for that device? Good luck. :e

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of...I just bought a duplicate tablet today, having it shipped overnight, do you think I can mount a recovery image from the new tablet and install on the first?

HuktOnFawnixx

Mar 14, 2014
Crap...

Yikes. Sounds like you made a brick. I'd recommend looking for support via the manufacturer web site some have stock Roms for devices. Did you see if anyone had a thread here for that device? Good luck. :e

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of...I just bought a duplicate tablet today, having it shipped overnight, do you think I can mount a recovery image from the new tablet and install on the first?

Apr 6, 2011
just wondering...

i'm kinda stumped.. but if you can get into recovery I believe you may be able to either download a compatible rom several that sound like they would work on your device(search via Google) or maybe backup the new one you just bought and push those file to it(Maybe via adb)/ make a flashable zip and reinstall via sd... speculating ovi cause I don't have that style of tab...

Last edited: