[Q] I8552 Samsung Grand Quattro goes straight in CWM Recovery, after a fail backup

Search This thread

hacked sparrow

May 1, 2014
Hey, this is the first time I'm posting a problem here. I have a Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro (I8552). I rooted my phone yesterday via cwm recovery, and then made a backup using ROM Manager. It rebooted my phone directly into a backup page where it started backing it up, but my internal memory wasn't big enough so it failed and since then I haven't been able to boot my phone up... When I try to turn it on it goes straight into CWM Recovery page, and when I click "reboot system now" it turns off the screen and then reboots it again into CWM Recovery...

Then, since I couldn't access the apps (as the phone won't start), I made another backup through CWM Recovery, but this time in my external SD Card which had about 6 gb free space. So it made and completed the backup without any problems. But when I restore it from my ext SD Card it restores the system and stuff but then when it comes to data it shows the message
Error while restoring /data!
. Every time.

And so I tried
wipe data/factory reset
it does it, and completes the process, but still it won't boot up, neither by
nor by removing battery and trying to restart.

Mind you, I didn't flash any new ROMs, it was still running my stock ROM when this happened...

So to sum up the things I've tried
1. Reboot system now
2. Backup in extSD Card (which worked) and restore from the same (which didn't work)
3. Wipe data/factory reset

Also one more thing, before any of this mess was made, right after I rooted my phone, I made a backup of all apps through the app called
Titanium Backup root

Is there any way I can get out of this mess? And maybe make my phone accessible again.
And if somehow by sheer stroke of luck and your expertise, if I do get out of this mess, is there any way to root my phone again and recover the apps or appdata from the already made CWM backup? or the Titanium Backup I made (or is it gonna be gone because of the factory reset?).

Thank you in advance for any help or try you might

Tuneer

Sep 15, 2013
Just download the latest firmware from sammobile... for your country.. and flash via odin.. you will get back your 'official ' phone...

Sent from my GT-I8552 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: hacked sparrow

hacked sparrow

May 1, 2014
Just download the latest firmware from sammobile... for your country.. and flash via odin.. you will get back your 'official ' phone...

Sent from my GT-I8552 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yeah, but then will I be able to restore from the same backup (cwm) that's causing problems now, or will it not work even then?
And what about the backup I made with the Titanium Backup app, will I be able to retrieve app data from there?

Because the very reason I was backing it all up was to protect the app data, and it's pretty important. So is it possible to save it after stock flashing?

hacked sparrow

May 1, 2014

Thank you so much... the link worked like a charm. I flashed it through extSD card and it loaded and on clicking reboot it booted the phone right up. I had to go through the factory reset setting as I clicked it before. But almost no important data was lost. All photos videos and documents remained. And for better or for worse the whole thing actually made my phone a lot faster...
Thank you so much.

nhozbay

Jul 6, 2013
Da Nang
Thank you so much... the link worked like a charm. I flashed it through extSD card and it loaded and on clicking reboot it booted the phone right up. I had to go through the factory reset setting as I clicked it before. But almost no important data was lost. All photos videos and documents remained. And for better or for worse the whole thing actually made my phone a lot faster...
Thank you so much.

no prob:D

Top Liked Posts