1.0.1 update imminent

Search This thread

amp711

Dec 18, 2010
I used the script to disable the over the air update and it didn't.. somehow the update still came down and proceeded to hang my Nook. Finally a hard factory reset brought it back online..

I'm going to wait for the dev team to release the replacement ROM rather than re-rooting..

zeroh

Mar 26, 2010
I used the script to disable the over the air update and it didn't.. somehow the update still came down and proceeded to hang my Nook. Finally a hard factory reset brought it back online..

I'm going to wait for the dev team to release the replacement ROM rather than re-rooting..

Mine did the same thing as well a day before Christmas. I then decided to do the reset, upgrade to 1.0.1, and reroot. Now, I'm back to where I was... until there's another update. :rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    * Disabling OTA Updates
    adb shell mount -o rw,remount -t ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /system
    adb shell mv /etc/security/otacerts.zip /etc/security/otacerts.zip_DISABLED_OTA_UPDATES
    I spoke to a bookseller tonight that informed me we will be getting a minor update tomorrow morning to 1.0.1. Apparently it improves wifi connectivity and addresses something to do with mobile/desktop browser mode with the stock NC browser.

It is supposed to be available for manual update in the morning and will be staggered out to NCs via wifi over the next couple of days.

I'm turning my wifi off just in case, I'd rather not wake up without root tomorrow.

The original nook updates pull the assets from images.barnesandnoble.com domain. Is it possible that if the NC updates are located on the same domain, would adding images.barnesandnoble.com to the hosts file block it from downloading?

so are you going to leave wifi off forever? It's not like it's hard to root the NC. I want to enjoy my NC not be paranoid it will update
    I'll post the host file blocking B&N later on tonight. You guys do know that there is a host file on your nook color that you can use just like your windows host file, right?

I looked in Windows/System32/drivers/etc but I couldnt find it... might have something to do with the lack of a Windows folder :)
    If you used my block updates script below
    adb shell mv /etc/security/otacerts.zip /etc/security/otacerts.zip_DISABLED_OTA_UPDATES

too undo it you would do
    adb shell mv /etc/security/otacerts.zip_DISABLED_OTA_UPDATES /etc/security/otacerts.zip

That would rename the old file back to normal
    At least one person on here received the 1.0.1 update (via OTA) as far back as 11 days ago. According to them, it not only breaks root, but pokey9000's self-booting image doesn't work to restore root, either.

Thread is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=862372

Just to clarify a couple of things. That guy was full of ****. ^_^
    AutoNooter works with 1.0.1 now but you will have to flash to stock update then run AutoNooter.