Stock email app APK? How to get market apps to added to the Nook "Library"

Search This thread

bobapunk

Feb 27, 2011
Peoria, IL
When I rooted my Wife's NT it broke the stock email app. Is the APK floating around anywhere so I can re-install it?

Also, has anyone figured out how to get apps from the App Market or Amazon Market to show up in the Nook Library?

My wife like the Nook stock GUI but I can not seem to added new apps to it that are not purchased through the B&N Market...

I meant to post this in Q&A. Feel free to move it! Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: tep065

liquidzoo

Mar 17, 2010
Florence, AZ
When I rooted my Wife's NT it broke the stock email app. Is the APK floating around anywhere so I can re-install it?

Also, has anyone figured out how to get apps from the App Market or Amazon Market to show up in the Nook Library?

My wife like the Nook stock GUI but I can not seem to added new apps to it that are not purchased through the B&N Market...

For the second part, yes.

Download Nook Color App Manager from the Market and launch it once. This will add it to your Nook Apps screen. You can then move it to one of the home screens (this, unfortunately, you have to do) and launch it from there. After that, you can select anything you've installed and add it to the stock Apps screen.

The only down side is that Market installed apps will not run from the My Apps screen. They have to be copied to one of the homescreens first.

bobapunk

Feb 27, 2011
Peoria, IL
Thanks the the tip on the "App Manager"

Strange that the app icons have to be launched from the home screen and not the "library". Any idea why it works that way?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For the second part, yes.

Download Nook Color App Manager from the Market and launch it once. This will add it to your Nook Apps screen. You can then move it to one of the home screens (this, unfortunately, you have to do) and launch it from there. After that, you can select anything you've installed and add it to the stock Apps screen.

The only down side is that Market installed apps will not run from the My Apps screen. They have to be copied to one of the homescreens first.