[ROM][NIGHTLY] CyanogenMod 7 for vendor Vision (HTC Vision)

Search This thread

EfemaN

Oct 12, 2010
Is a kang just a non-devteam version of a rom? If so, what does this have over the last 263 release however many ages ago it was? Is there a changelog?

And is it applied through the usual CWM recovery method?

gee one

Jul 29, 2010
linux command line
Yes, these kangs are just home built versions from the CM source. Check out the second link in my sig for the changelog- there have lots of changes since 263.

They flash through CWM like any other rom.

sent from my cyanogen(mod) vision

Reactions: EfemaN

sabbath88

Nov 11, 2010
I noticed issue when somebody calling me, then there is not showing up pick-up/redr buttons. I have to pull down the drawer and press notification about ringing. Wired (;

Sygnature was blocked by ACTA. User's extermination in progress.

Critical Jeff

Jan 20, 2011
Does anyone know of a mod for cm7 to make it so that the pattern lockscreen NEVER shows the pattern that is drawn? Regardless if the drawing is correct or not. Any help would be appreciated. I don't know where else to ask this. I was thinking metamorph would be helpful.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

steviewevie

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 28, 2009
UK
According to a post from the CM Google+ account, they are gearing up to churn out some 7.2 RCs.

Sent from my Desire Z running CM7.

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
Does anyone know of a mod for cm7 to make it so that the pattern lockscreen NEVER shows the pattern that is drawn? Regardless if the drawing is correct or not. Any help would be appreciated. I don't know where else to ask this. I was thinking metamorph would be helpful.

To hide it when the drawing is correct, go to Settings > Location & security > uncheck "Use visible pattern"

Right now you cannot hide the incorrect drawing, but once this change is merged you can.
http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,8608
If you compile your own build of cm you can cherry pick that change so you have it before it's merged.

An alternative would be to remove your pattern lock completely and instead use CM7's built-in lockscreen gesture tools. Go to Settings > CyanogenMod settings > Lockscreen settings > Lockscreen gestures. Make sure "Show gesture trails" is unchecked and build a gesture to unlock the phone. Then, go back to Lockscreen settings and go to Unlock options. Scroll to the bottom and check "Disable unlock slider". Now the only way to unlock your phone is to use the gesture, which will be invisible.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Reactions: Ditamae

Setherio

Dec 1, 2009
plus.google.com

If you're referring to the Pattern, then should be under Settings -> Location & Security -> Set up screen lock -> Use visible pattern (Uncheck this box).

I'm currently using ILWT CM7 333 but I would presume it would be the same under most any AOSP builds.

Critical Jeff

Jan 20, 2011
Thanks for the suggestiosn guys.I think I'll just wait until the change is merged.

sabbath88

Nov 11, 2010
Kang no#351 works really fast for me.
Just updated from the previous version, without wipe.
Like it :)

Sygnature was blocked by ACTA. User's extradition in progress.

Last edited:

beanboi

Jun 1, 2009
Garden Grove, CA
I'm having a problem with gmail. I don't get notifications for new emails. I have to manually refresh from inside the app to see them. This is the only rom where I have encountered this problem. Is there a solution?

EDIT: Every once in a while I get a notification that says "sign in error for" and one of the three emails I have on my phone. I just clear it and everything is fine but it's a little annoying. Still a fantastic rom though. Sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining.

Last edited:

steviewevie

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 28, 2009
UK
CyanogenMod needs our help !

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/cyanogenmod-needs-your-help

As you may know, our nightly builds have recently been sporadic at best. The reason behind this is that previously, we had access to a large compute cluster to perform these builds. This was really great, and gave us all the power we needed to pump out 50+ builds a day. Unfortunately, we no longer have access to this cluster, and have not for quite some time. With CM9 coming up, and CM7.2 ready to go out the door, we are now in quite a bit of a mess. One of the most awesome things about CM in my opinion was the ability to get a fresh build, every day, with the latest and greatest features. And the stats don’t lie either- the community thinks so too.

With that said, we need to purchase new hardware to take on this task. A couple of solid, stable Xeon-class servers with large amounts of RAM and fast disks. Virtual private servers won’t cut it for build machines.

CyanogenMod is not a for-profit business. We are just a bunch of geeks, trying to make our phones more awesome. The donations we get currently cover our operating costs and occasionally go towards developer devices. This time, I need to ask for help from the community for something a bit larger. We need to purchase these servers in order to bring the build infrastructure back to full capacity.

An option I have considered is to charge for access to nightly builds. This seems like a really bad idea, potentially detrimental to the community, and likely to just increase the proliferation of unofficial builds in various states of brokenness. So, I am putting out a call to the community for help. Whatever you can spare will go directly to the server fund, and if successful, we will work to get back to full capacity as quickly as possible.

If you’d like to contribute, please use the PayPal donation link at the bottom of the page (you *must* use this link, rather than going through the links on the forum to contribute to this fund). Let’s show some community power!

kaijura

Jan 1, 2011
CyanogenMod needs our help !

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/cyanogenmod-needs-your-help

They could probably reduce disk use and bandwidth if they kept nightlies at 5-10 last builds or a week's worth. Course I see that it means less options for devs who like to look back at something changed a month ago, but I feel the majority are downloaders who are general users whom usually get the latest. IMO, this is just going to get worse when additional devices are supported.

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
gee one, I found out through another user (post here) that you could find out the time a kang was built by looking in the build.prop. So I looked at the last few of your builds, but they all say

Code:
ro.build.date=Wed Jan 25 22:23:46 CST 2012

The only reason I was looking is because I was confused about the timezone on the site that you are using for hosting...
edit: just figured, it must be west coast time, silly me

Last edited:
Reactions: gee one

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have a question or an issue? Try this before asking something silly:
    searchi.jpg

This thread is reserve for nightly build of @Cyanogen Mod Rom for HTC Vision
    You can report and discuss all issue you are having with nightly build here.

What are Nightly build ? : auto compil build from the CyanogenMod github, each time there are new corrections on it. This version change each night, and aren't support officialy, if you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here.

Warning : Not for new user, flash this build only if you know what you are doing !!!

There are no Google Apps bundled with CM ROMs, because Google asked Cyanogen to remove copyrighted apps from his roms, after flashing rom don't forget to flash Google Addon package if you want it.

Gfree is needed to flash a Rom onto your phone!!!!
    or
    Perm Root with hboot-eng.....is needed to flash a custom ROM (still REQUIRED for the moment):

Lastest version:
    Download: http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=vision
    MD5Sum: check the md5 under the files named associate with your build version

Google Addon: 20110828: http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/
    Check the lastest package available on top

Recovery needed: 3.0+
    vision-cwm3src3.0.0.5-1-16-11.img

Rename the .img to recovery.img and have it on the root of the sdcard

For reference-More detailed
    Code:
    su
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
    reboot recovery
    Wanna follow current modifications to builds?? http://r.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:open,n,z
    Work In Progress F.A.Q.

Work In Progress F.A.Q.

No this ROM is NOT an official stable. No support other than community is offered for it so if you cannot live without the features that aren't available, keep the stock ROM. If you ask questions that are covered here then you will be ridiculed relentlessly and admonished, you've been warned.

An important thing to remember is that this is an ALPHA, and as such has some issues which can't be foreseen, others that are actively being worked, and some that have work arounds.

If you are asking yourself the following questions, rethink this, learn some more, then come back:
    What is root?
    What is a recovery?
    What is Cyanogenmod?

What works (besides the obvious stuff):
    Most things
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    Wifi Calling
    Wifi tether (built-in or third party)

What doesn't work:
    None at this moment

Common issues and FAQs:

• Recovery version issues:
    You MUST use Clockworkmod recovery v3.x. You CANNOT use recovery versions 2.5.x and below as Android 2.2 used ext3 file structure and Android 2.3 uses ext4. If you ask why you can't flash this ROM and you are using Clockwork 2.x, you will be ridiculed relentlessly for not reading thoroughly.

Clockworkmod is the official recovery supported by Cyanogenmod. However, since this is an alpha release, the current 3.x version of Clockworkmod is a little buggy while it's still in development.

If you wish to flash back to Android 2.2, you MUST flash Clockworkmod recovery 2.5.x or below (or compatible). If you try to flash a Android 2.2 version ROM with recovery 3.x, it WILL NOT work!!!

• Wifi Not Working
    Reboot

• If you are sending or receiving blurry photos:
    Open Messenger->Settings->Custom User Agent->select Default Android

• Trackpad wake:
    This is currently a hack developed by the CM team while they find a permanent solution. Consequently, it causes some unexpected behavior sometimes. But it mostly works.
    Menu->Settings->CyanogenMod settings->Input settings->select Trackball wake

• CRT (cathode ray tube) Screen-on/Screen-off animations:
    In progress of being added

Menu->Settings->CyanogenMod settings->User interface->Screen-on animation/screen-off animation

• How do I set up ADB/Fastboot?
    See thread here for Windows 7:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=897368

See thread here for Linux:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=537508

Generalized Windows info:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=500196

• How can I compile Cyanogenmod for myself?
    See gridlock32404's post here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=915435

• My [insert favorite app name] doesn't work right, what are you going to do about it?
    Probably nothing. If it isn't Cyanogenmod's then they don't offer direct support for it, generally just service level issues that may need code changes. In CM7, it's based off Android 2.3 which some developers haven't offered full support for. Officially there's only one phone running 2.3, the Samsung Nexus S. Some known non-working apps include, but are not limited to:
    Quadrant Standard

• How do I install boot animations/boot splash/any other add on?
    See other threads in the theme section.

• What if I'm having random issues such as freezing, stuttering, force closes, or anything else?
    Try these steps before posting a question about any issues to see if any of them fix it:
    1. Reboot
    2. Perform fix permissions, from recovery mode
    3. Do a nandroid backup and then perform a complete data/factory wipe and flash again
    4. Politely ask if anyone has had this issue in the thread

• Do any overclock (OC) kernels work with this?
    There are a few in this thread. Be warned that the CM team offers no support whatsoever for these kernels, you must ask the dev of that particular kernel about any issues you have.

• What settings should I use in SetCPU?
    There's really no reason to overclock your phone on a regular basis, so your safe bet is at a minimum:
    Max: 1017, Min: 245, Scaling: ondemand
    Screen-off: Max:768, Min. 245, Scaling: ondemand

• I can't find my random issue/concern/question in this faq, what do I do now?
    First, try the “search this thread” function at the top of the screen. Then try a quick google search with the device name and a general idea of what's wrong, it will probably point you back at this thread. Then do what any good tinkerer does and play around with different things and read up a little bit. If none of these gives you any results, politely ask the question on the thread and wait patiently for someone to answer who may have the same problem. It is no one's responsibility to support you in any way. After all, you bought the phone and then started screwing with it. The least you can do is be patient and try to solve the problem yourself. Who knows, you might learn something and be able to help someone else out.

Credits: To the original writer from the Glacier Thread
    There are a couple of new commits with fixes for the T9 dialer (not directed at the question about Chines chars).

I'm syncing the t9 changes and building.... I'll update after it's uploaded.

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

This includes gingerbread commits up to Change I5867f82b: Dialpad: T9 Dialer - Fixes

The dialer layout is better. It seems as if it stays in portrait mode unless you open the keyboard. It might be my rotation settings?

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5vo5tjm1qzf8yh2
    943433ab544fa7338d7da611122f1725 update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-vision-KANG-signed.zip

The solstice kang- it took 14 minutes to build and 20 mins to upload!

Merry Christmas!
    ####
    New Server - http://crash.pfak.org/~gee_one/
    ####

FYI about the kanged nightlies- pfak offered to host these on his server, which has a faster download speed. The new download page will be http://crash.pfak.org/~gee_one/

Tonight's nightly (build 331) will be hosted there.

One restriction is file space, so there will only be a few weeks worth of nightlies and older ones will automatically be deleted. Since these are nightlies, I don't see a strong reason to keep older versions unless the builds start to break.

Be sure to thank Niksie for offering his server space and check out the other offerings he has on his site. I will miss the download counter- it was nice to see the activity.

sent from my cyanogen(mod) vision
    CM9 progress update from http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/cm9-progress-update

Good to see MSM7x30 in the list of probable initial devices, that's us ! :)

Also, 7.2 is still coming.

We’ve been hard at work on CM9 since Google released Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) into the wild last month, and things are slowly starting to come together. Google did a great job with ICS and added some really awesome features which in some cases replace or deprecate functionality that we had in CM7, so we are reevaluating all of our customizations. A number of devices are already up and running with CM9, and the focus is currently on getting as many devices ready as we can. The first devices (besides the Nexus S, which you can already get from Koush’s section on ROM Manager) that we’ll have ready will mostly likely be devices based on OMAP4, MSM8660/7X30, and Exynos. We also have some Tegra2 tablets in the pipeline such as the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Asus Transformer. Our goal is to provide continued support to all CM7 devices back to the QSD8250 series of devices such as the Nexus One. I don’t want to make any promises at this time, but that is the plan. And sorry Droid1 owners, we’re dropping support for you. Time to upgrade

There are a number of challenges that we are up against. Google has made some pretty major changes to the Android framework that break compatibility with older proprietary camera and graphics drivers in order to achieve some pretty insane performance, but I am confident that the team will be able to overcome these issues like we have in the past.

For those of you who like to build CM from source yourself, you probably know that the spin-up time when starting a CM7 build is absurdly long due to the high number of devices in our repository. Koush and Arcee have put together a solution to this problem that adds new devices on-demand to your local repository, saving on both bandwidth and the long startup time. Some other great enhancements are coming too, like a completely overhauled music app, a new file manager, and a new launcher based on stock 4.0.

If you have a Nexus S, you can check out the code and build for yourself today. More devices are on the way, and I’ll send out these status updates as we make more progress.