[GAMES] Nexus 7 Gaming Thread

Search This thread

Nexcellent

Dec 1, 2011
Cleveland, OH
Figured since some of us already have their N7's and most will be receiving their toys in the next week, we can start discussing gaming!

Holding the tablet itself, i can tell this is going to be a comfortable gaming experience, i think the bezels are just right and the weight is great for extended holding periods.

What games are you planning on trying out first?

What are some games that you want to recommend?

What are some games that you are looking forward to?

We can also discuss game compatibility, game controller solutions (wireless and wired), and other :highfive:

Compatible Emulators:

FPse for Android - PSX
N64oid - N64
Gameboid - Gameboy Advance
Gensoid - Sega Genesis
SNesoid - Super Nintendo
Nesoid - Nintendo
& most others

Last edited:

RMXO

Feb 20, 2011
CA
I currently have FF3 on my I/O but will add ME;I & Shadowgun THD when I get my 16GB.

bmar29

Sep 20, 2008
Manchester
Watching them demo Horn during the keynote was very impressive. Unfortunately it's not currently available and I can't find any information as to when it will be

Nexcellent

Dec 1, 2011
Cleveland, OH
I currently have FF3 on my I/O but will add ME;I & Shadowgun THD when I get my 16GB.

I want FF3 so bad but can't justify the price.. yet! haha

I'm going to install 4 games first, in this order... GTA 3, Max Payne, Dead Trigger, and The Amazing Spiderman!

Horn, the game that was unveiled at the I/O looked so cool, really looking forward to that!

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
The very first thing i wanted to do when I got home with my Nexus 7 was download and play NOVA 3, and of course it crashes every time at startup. So disappointed. Knowing Gameloft it will be months before they make it Tegra 3 compatible.

Reactions: Nexcellent

Nexcellent

Dec 1, 2011
Cleveland, OH
GTA runs great compared to on my Gnex. Max Payne took awhile to download but runs great!

I want to test out a PSX emulator and an N64 emulator sometime tomorrow!

pathtologos

Mar 9, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Watching them demo Horn during the keynote was very impressive. Unfortunately it's not currently available and I can't find any information as to when it will be

+1 on this. Cool thread. Can't wait to start trying some tegra 3 games. I'm into rpgs and fps. Been playing max Payne on my evo LTE and its damn good. Wanna try on n7. From past experience with xoom, fpse looks to pixelated on tablets but I'm sure ill try it. Runs great on my phone tho for both ff7 and ff9.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

FTMDan

Jul 13, 2012
Anyone know if there is a way of using a wireless Xbox 360 controller on the N7? I have the wireless receiver thing and I'd like to use my controller if I can, but I don't really want to buy a wired 360 controller just for my tablet when I already have wireless ones sitting here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Figured since some of us already have their N7's and most will be receiving their toys in the next week, we can start discussing gaming!

Holding the tablet itself, i can tell this is going to be a comfortable gaming experience, i think the bezels are just right and the weight is great for extended holding periods.

What games are you planning on trying out first?

What are some games that you want to recommend?

What are some games that you are looking forward to?

We can also discuss game compatibility, game controller solutions (wireless and wired), and other :highfive:

Compatible Emulators:

FPse for Android - PSX
    N64oid - N64
    Gameboid - Gameboy Advance
    Gensoid - Sega Genesis
    SNesoid - Super Nintendo
    Nesoid - Nintendo
    & most others
    Just paired my PS3 controller via Bluetooth through Sixaxis Controller. Works like a charm, i might put together a quick guide how to do it.

Made a custom mapping profile for GTA 3 and planning on making one for all major games specifically for the Nexus 7 :)

I'll upload them here of course :good:
    I called gameloft

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app
    I totally believe them. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Nexus 4
    On a lighter note.... This is SO true.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    I really cannot believe the way people are acting. For so many senior members, i think its safe to say we expect more of you. The fighting, and insults.. all uncalled for. EVERYONE needs to be respectful of each others beliefs, and needs to understand we are all different.

That said, this is NOT a religion forum, and people should be able to read it without feeling like they are being pushed something one way or another. Clay, i understand your feelings, but if you could, please tone down the "God bless"; it is not really need on the forum. Everyone else, stop your fighting, and grow up.

I will reopen this thread for now, but realize people, this thread is on a last straw..