[ROM][4.1.2][12/25][OFFICIAL] AOKP Jellybean 4.1 Builds

Search This thread

captaincanada84

Jan 2, 2011
Asheville, NC
How long should this rom take to boot? I've been sitting on the boot screen where it says initiating swagger for about 15 minutes now.

This happened to me the first time I flashed it. I ended up having to go back and do a full wipe and flash it again.

So, after running this for a few days...I am absolutely amazed how stable it is. I was running AOKP on my Atrix 4G. It was an unofficial port of course. This just blows it out of the water stability wise.

rdxhd

Jun 14, 2012
Does any one know what radios I can use to turn off LTE? I don't need LTE 95% of the time and I would like to turn it off. And it is eating through my battery. But every time I go to *#*#INFO#*#* and change the settings to GSM/CDMA, it defaults back to LTE. I am on the stock radios and on AT&T. Thanks!

moody03svt

Feb 19, 2007
Flashed the AOKP Rom from stock AT&T 2.22 ICS. I also did a full Titanium Backup (app + Data), a Titanium Backup just with Apps, SMS backup to google, all my contacts are on google and my exchange account, and all my notes are backed up with evernote.

so question...

going from stock HTC Sense + 4.0.4 ICS to AOKP Jelly Bean 4.1.2 should I even dare to do a full restore (apps + data) from titanium backup?
if so then I assume I need that migration option checked.
if not then that is probably because some of the Gapps won't match and cause issues so I should ONLY do data restores for my saved games basically?

ComposMentis

Sep 12, 2007
Ear buds with mic weren't working on voice calls today. I don't think I had tried them since switching to AOKP.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

moody03svt

Feb 19, 2007
I've been getting data drops as well. I've noticed them happening when gps is active, such as when using google navigation and locating places nearby in yelp. It seems like the radio just crashes because I have empty signal bars for sometimes minutes. This has happened on AOKP and CM10 with multiple radios.

I'm also noticing signal and data drops when the GPS comes on from an app like Facebook, glympse, or navigation.

Any idea on ways to fix this?

korext

Jul 24, 2010
Best rom for jelly bean and the 1x, by far. I've had no serious issues with this ROM except for very occasional freezes needing a reboot. Just make sure you clear all your data and cash before you install and make sure you use the novc b7 kernel from rohan.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

moody03svt

Feb 19, 2007
so in regards to getting the message "Restricted Access Change" when GPS and cell signal are both on:

I don't know if this will help but I went into my wi-fi settings and found that Wi-fi during sleep was turned off....

Settings > wi-fi > menu > advanced - keep wi-fi on during sleep I set to always. Apparently before it would turn wi-fi off and use the cell network when sleeping (that would be a lot of the time)

I am hoping this will help and also keep the wi-fi signal stronger and may improve battery life considering wi-fi should use less battery than LTE would.

mikelebz

Aug 18, 2010
Hey Rohan, aokp_evita_unofficial_Feb-03-13.zip in your testing folder...how's that? Is that a recommended upgrade for us 4.1.2 users?

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
Hey Rohan, aokp_evita_unofficial_Feb-03-13.zip in your testing folder...how's that? Is that a recommended upgrade for us 4.1.2 users?

Nope, all those builds are 4.2, I'm not going to be building 4.1 anymore (i will let you know if I do)
some of the 4.2 builds are labeled jb-mr1, and some are not. Those that are labeled include some extra cherry picks and kangs, those that are not are straight 4.2 AOKP. None are 4.1 though.

mikelebz

Aug 18, 2010
Nope, all those builds are 4.2, I'm not going to be building 4.1 anymore (i will let you know if I do)
some of the 4.2 builds are labeled jb-mr1, and some are not. Those that are labeled include some extra cherry picks and kangs, those that are not are straight 4.2 AOKP. None are 4.1 though.

Thank you, sir

CursiveQ

Apr 2, 2012
hey guys, just had a quick question. does the rom begin to slow down/lag over time? it seems like my the stability of my phone has been deteriorating lately. apps take a lot longer to load, i'm getting more UI crashes and some functions have randomly stopped working. i've wiped the cache and dalvik cache but that didn't seem to help. i only wonder because i'm considering getting a new phone soon due to the lag, so i wanted to know if its a software issue or hardware issue. not complaining or anything, just wondering if this is common?

thanks. i'm running the dec23 nightly btw.

hv6478

Apr 14, 2009

Awesome! Do we have to do anything special otherwise with those builds? I want to give the Feb-12-13 one a try in the testing folder. Like the full_mako-ota or system.img, anything need to be done with those before/after flashing the build?

Thank you sir and keep up the awesome work!

Sent from my CM10ified Beast (a.k.a. HTC One XL)

captaincanada84

Jan 2, 2011
Asheville, NC
Asked this a couple pages ago but never got an answer. Is carrier app billing gone for anyone else on this? I had it before flashing this ROM and now I do not.

Sent from my One X using xda premium

themacman1000

Dec 30, 2010
Portland
Almost a month with no official update? Blasphemy. :D
Which one of the test zips in your goo.im is considered fully functioning?

Sent from my One X

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOKP Jellybean 4.1.2 Official Builds
    For the HTC One XL (AT&T HTC One X)

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

downloads-4.png

4.1 Milestone 1.1: http://goo.im/devs/rohan/evita/aokp/aokp_jb-4.1_evita-milestone1.1.zip
    Gapps: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip

installation-1.png

1. Download the latest build from above depending on what version you want (4.1 or 4.2)
    2. Download the Jellybean Google Apps package from a site such as http://goo.im/gapps
    3. Reboot into your recovery of choice
    4. Make a backup of your current device
    5. (optional) Transfer that backup to your PC for safekeeping
    6. Factory Wipe your device if you aren't coming from AOKP Jellybean already
    7. Install the ROM zip, followed by the Google Apps package
    8. IF YOU CAME FROM THE 2.20 FIRMWARE/NEWER HBOOT, THEN YOU MUST FLASH THE BOOT.IMG FROM THE ZIP THROUGH FASTBOOT

DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT BOOTLOOPING IF YOU FLASHED A CUSTOM KERNEL OR DID NOT MANUALLY FLASH THE STOCK KERNEL VIA FASTBOOT.

Lastly, if you enjoy my work and what I've done for this device, then please consider donating to motivate me further.

Donations are never required but always very much appreciated :) All my money comes from donations as I am in high school. Thank you very much. My link is right below my name on the left.

source-2.png

If you want to see the 4.1 Source + Device files, go here: http://github.com/AOKP/
    Good news- this ROM is now official!
    We got merged in last night and I did a test build using official sources, everything seems to have worked well.

Next Build 4 will be posted on aokp.co! This thread will be turned into a discussion/problems thread, instead of a release thread. For support from Build 4 and onwards, you can head over to #AOKP-support on IRC, or post here like normal.

A hearty thanks goes out to all the AOKP team members for approving my device maintainership.
    So just a quick update...

Good news and bad news:

Good news is that 4.2 is almost done merging into AOKP. The frameworks were completely overhauled by Google, and although the update doesn't seem like a big one over 4.1.2, under the hood it is huge.

Bad news is that AOKP had to rebase off AOSP again. All features have been merged since then, but hardware support is currently only for Nexii. That means that right now our device is not working in AOKP. However, the last few days I've been working dilligently (hence my lack of updates or anything) and so far I've gotten it to compile and hang at HTC screen. Good thing about this is that I actually have adb at this screen, which means that stuff is indeed working under the hood, but some things like the adreno drivers are keeping the ROM from booting.

I'll provide another update if any more progress is made.