[Q] I'm still on 4.2.2 which came on the phone the day it was released...

Search This thread

loudaccord

Aug 12, 2010
Stock touchwiz and all, didn't flash any roms but I am rooted with unlocked bootloader. Any mod I've ever wanted, I was able to do through xposed or just flash some small file. My questions is, are there any benefits to changing roms? If so, what TW rom would you guys suggest?

Skrazz

Jan 28, 2011
Tampa
ThaCh0de's CockNRom v9.2.3.1 with XBrickMyPhoneX kernel seems to do the trick for me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Triscuit

Jun 11, 2010
Bonita Springs, FL
Stock touchwiz and all, didn't flash any roms but I am rooted with unlocked bootloader. Any mod I've ever wanted, I was able to do through xposed or just flash some small file. My questions is, are there any benefits to changing roms? If so, what TW rom would you guys suggest?

Woohoo! Don't loose that MDK bootloader! You're one of the lucky/smart ones that didn't take an OTA update.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

Oishikatta

Mar 16, 2014

Install or update TWRP with Goomanager if you're on an old recovery. Just click install openrecoveryscript, that easy.

Stock TW KitKat: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2721118

There are lots of improvements in JB and KK, as well as a couple fixable "issues" (e.g. sd card).

loudaccord

Aug 12, 2010
Definitely gonna keep my MDK bootloader. The funny thing that's making me want to change is the App to SD card feature in the updates.

I'll make the switch from CWM to TWRP and give stock TW KK a shot. Are there any GS5 ROMs for us? I feel so out of it lol.

I've been flashing since the OG Droid and had close to 10 rooted phones but after getting my GS4 and having everything working perfect(including the mods, I.e. WiFi Ap), I just left it :)

Hashbang173

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 6, 2012
Definitely gonna keep my MDK bootloader. The funny thing that's making me want to change is the App to SD card feature in the updates.

I'll make the switch from CWM to TWRP and give stock TW KK a shot. Are there any GS5 ROMs for us? I feel so out of it lol.

I've been flashing since the OG Droid and had close to 10 rooted phones but after getting my GS4 and having everything working perfect(including the mods, I.e. WiFi Ap), I just left it :)

Some roms like echoe have some galaxy s5 ui

Give it a try http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2702592

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Sweet, I'll give it a go. Thanks!

I'd use Flashify from the Play Store to update to a new recovery. Using Goo or ROM Manager can lead to possibly having to Odin back to stock and start fresh... Couldn't tell you exactly why but it's happened to a few of us including me.

Also... Go for a ROM like C ROM, Mahdi, or Liquid Smooth... Ditch TW

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Volvogia

Aug 10, 2012
Washington, WV
I too have MDK so.... :highfive:! I am running Hyperdrive RLS 15 and it runs flawless. Loads of extra features if you like that sort of stuff. I used the Ktoonz Kernel with it so it comes with the KTweaker App for complete control over the kernel. Loads of battery life. Its 4.3 but if you want 4.4 then wait about a week or so and Sbreen94 will have it released (atleast that is his current time frame).

Last edited: