[Q] Yet another ranty Sky Go thread

Search This thread

jonnyguitar

Apr 3, 2010
Hi all. I hope you're having a lovely Easter. I wonder if any of you geniuses can help.

I want to watch Sky Go at a friend's house this weekend (Sky Sports F1). I have three very different devices, none of which will work and I wondered if anyone had any ideas:

1. Nexus 5.
While this runs Sky Go just fine, whenever I use my slimport-to-hdmi adapter to connect to a TV, it stops working. Does anyone know a way round this? It's not rooted so cannot use the Virtual HDMI switch workaround. Is there a workaround without rooting?

2. Android HDMI dongle - (Official device name is "pov tv-hdmi-200bt")
I bought this in Maplins a while ago and is great. I installed "Sky Go Tablet" on it, but when I go to use it, it *****es at me about the device being rooted, so it won't work. I've not rooted it! So I've no idea what it's on about. I've tried two different Hide my Root type apps, and neither work - probably because it's not really rooted, and Sky Go just thinks it is?

3. My Lenovo T410 laptop, running Windows 8.1
Sky Go doesn't appear to work on Windows 8.1 on Lenovo laptops yet, and no-one on any forum appears to know why this is. I've used Chrome, IE and Firefox, and numerous versions of Silverlight, and still get the error 't:6036/ c:4110' when I attempt to stream. No proxies or firewalls in place etc etc.
Does anyone have any advice?
I realise this isn't an Android device, but it's still about Sky Go.

If anyone has any bright ideas as to how to fix any of the three problems above, I'd love to hear from you.

Apologies if any of these have been resolved in other threads - I've done numerous searches and couldn't find anything.

Thanks everyone, and happy Easter Friday.

Jonny.

cb25

Jul 24, 2008
Hiya, did you ever find a work-around with getting the SKY GO to working using HDMI?

Craig